Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server  (Read 69036 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: New Frontier - Bay12 Minecraft Server
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2020, 04:45:32 am »

The Nether Rail now continues past Moria to a portal to the End. I've beat the ender dragon and collected the egg. We're free to explore the End now.

I've also got a bee nest, but apparently the bees fly away and never come back. This was supposed to be fixed in 20w12a, but it doesn't look like it is. I'll have to keep them underground or something.

Slew the wither and set up a beacon at Fort Squidward.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:01:38 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2020, 01:40:39 pm »

I’ve been wandering around the server for a while now. It’s a nice place to wander in.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 20, 2020, 11:29:19 am »

The nether rail now goes to the jungle. The line splits near the nether fortress. Edit: Brought parrots to the jukebox in First Hearth, so they can dance.

Here's the Shrine of Mammon at Fort Squidward:

Above Fort Squidward:

Version 1.16 should be released soon. I'll update the server a week after if there are no major bugs.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 06:01:12 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2020, 12:35:31 am »

Server updated to 1.16.1.

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2020, 03:59:15 pm »

Yeeeeah! thx bumber!

I havn't been on the server in ages! nice to see all my stuff is still were I left it :) and the rest of portsmouth as well, it seems...

be warned though, I have observed some glitches were netherterrain can spawn in lava lakes in the overworld, if you update from 1.15 to .16
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 03, 2020, 01:00:33 pm »

be warned though, I have observed some glitches were netherterrain can spawn in lava lakes in the overworld, if you update from 1.15 to .16

I think we skipped over 1.15 XD

You sure it's a glitch and not the new ruined portals?

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2020, 07:30:28 am »

hmm... I think that might be it, lol :P Din't even know those were a thing!

Now im a lot less scared to keep playing my singleplayer world! thx :D

As a side note, who build a netherportal in the caves deep underground, near portsmouth? my portal seems to link up to it...
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 04, 2020, 03:55:56 pm »

As a side note, who build a netherportal in the caves deep underground, near portsmouth? my portal seems to link up to it...

Which portals?

There's a portal in the nether, surrounded by stone bricks, at 11 60 37, with a sign saying, "The Caves Near Heoret".
This leads to an overworld portal underground at 77 41 296.
There's a portal under Portsmouth's bay (with glass ceiling) at 230 43 577, which gets a one-way trip to the stone brick portal.

Are those the ones in question?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 04:04:41 pm by Bumber »

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 05, 2020, 04:39:55 am »

Yeah, those are the ones :) im the one who's building under portsmouth bay, by kind permission of the mayor of portsmouth ;)

was wondering why my portal was a one-way trip, they seemed pretty far apart in the overworld...

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 05, 2020, 03:56:30 pm »

was wondering why my portal was a one-way trip, they seemed pretty far apart in the overworld...

Looks like the real issue was that your portal is too far away from the one in the nether. I deactivated the portal in the caves, but it just generated a new one there instead of going to Portsmouth. (It seems likely that the portal in the caves wasn't built by anyone.)

I built a second portal in the nether closer to the proper spot, which works.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:03:47 pm by Bumber »

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 06, 2020, 07:05:16 am »

Ah, thx! yeah, I dont know why would need a portal to the caves, but i didn't want to mess with someone elses linkage. Thx for the help :D

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 10, 2020, 10:39:41 am »

Nether Rail now goes to an ocean monument.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2020, 04:35:39 am »

Random question: Can we get honey blocks?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2020, 09:43:24 am »

Random question: Can we get honey blocks?

Yes. I've got bees at Pillar Outpost. I'll deliver some to Moria.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2020, 10:24:21 am »

Great. Thanks very much. Gonna need quite a few blocks of the stuff. Hope it's not too expensive to make.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33