A or B

A
- 0 (0%)
B
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 15, 2019, 03:31:48 pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Lousy Gods  (Read 27182 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Lousy Gods
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:26:17 pm »

The gods of myth are all-powerful beings, capable of forging beautiful lands, creating majestic beasts, and developing empires that last multiple centuries.

That god, is not you.

You may have unlimited power, but what happens when you try to wield that power is random. This wouldn't be too big of a deal, if it wasn't for the fact that each failure causes the universe to destabilize. Too many failures, and the world you create will vanish into nothing, and you'll be forced to start over. You can attempt to undo or fix a failed action to bring some stability back, but repeat failures will have dire consequences.

Code: (Your god) [Select]
Name:
Color:
Aspect: (one word)

No player limit, and no set turns. Do your worst.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Lousy Gods
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:27:10 pm »

Spoiler: Universe 0 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unnamed Universe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 04:09:03 pm by Wozzy »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 12:37:31 pm »

Name: Patra
Aspect: Experimentation
Attempt to make a star and a planet that orbits it
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 01:13:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 12:58:30 pm »

Name: ykuvr
Color: Green
Aspect: Nature

make a giant flower big enough to hold a world between it's petals.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 01:23:57 pm »

Attempt to make a star and a planet that orbits it
make a giant flower big enough to hold a world between it's petals.

Patra attempts to create world orbitting a star, but only manages to create a planet in the middle of space.
Ykuvr comes in, and with flawless precision, creates a giant space flower that nestles the lonely planet in between its petals. It is so beautiful that both gods are inspired (advantage on the next roll).

Stability: 100%
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 01:27:29 pm by Wozzy »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 01:32:49 pm »

create a pseudo-black hole in the flower base to hold it in place and thus doesn't goes around flying due to space-wind or something silly like that.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 01:44:54 pm »

Patra tries to heat up the core just enough to cause the crust to move but not enough to burn the flower

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 01:51:20 pm »

Name: Acter
Color: Silver
Aspect: Improvement
Use the plant essence of the surrounding space flower to grant plantlife to the planet.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MedievalParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 02:19:04 pm »

Name:Adam
Color: Gold
Aspect: Humans

Help Acter generate an Ecosystem

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 03:19:51 pm »

create a pseudo-black hole in the flower base to hold it in place and thus doesn't goes around flying due to space-wind or something silly like that.
Patra tries to heat up the core just enough to cause the crust to move but not enough to burn the flower

The inspiration went to Patra and ykuvr's heads, and they decided to play with black holes and fire! Luckily, the black hole fizzled out, and the planet's core became molten enough to move the crust, and didn't burn everything down.

Use the plant essence of the surrounding space flower to grant plantlife to the planet.
Help Acter generate an Ecosystem

Hoping to put some greenery on this barren planet, Acter began pulling the essence from the space flower. As plants started to blossom, Acter seemed to forget how to turn this drain off! Luckily, Adam had just appeared and slapped them back into their senses before the space flower wilted away.

Stability: 100%

MedievalParadox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 03:32:21 pm »

I then add some animals intothe ecosystem hoping for a good balance of herbivores and carnivores

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 03:45:06 pm »

Switch the void with light, the world day-night cycle will be controlled by the petals of the flower opening and closing. (basically the flower petals close around the world covering it and creating the "night")

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 04:05:19 pm »

I then add some animals intothe ecosystem hoping for a good balance of herbivores and carnivores
Acter will assist with this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 04:16:15 pm »

Acter will assist with this.
The two of you masterfully create a wide variety of creatures. Many herbivores and carnivores, and even omnivores, of all shapes, sizes, and classes. Unfortunately, you only made a couple of each species. In a single generation, thousands of animals are doomed for extinction due to their mates being eaten by carnivores, and by the time the second generation comes around, there isn't enough prey to go around, so all the carnivores die out as well. The few species of herbivores that survived the mass extinction will do just fine however, so we have that going for us. Until....
Switch the void with light, the world day-night cycle will be controlled by the petals of the flower opening and closing. (basically the flower petals close around the world covering it and creating the "night")
The planet (which somehow was doing just fine in the dark), is suddenly blinded, as everything goes white. Just as spontaneously, everything goes back to black, as the flower petals slam shut on the planet. Every day cycle, the flower reopens, blinding everything again, before slamming shut for the night. Somehow this doesn't seem like much of an improvement, but at least everything seems to be okay at 'night.'

Stability: 95%
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:23:10 pm by Wozzy »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 04:22:38 pm »

Patra creates creatures with no eyes, but good hearing. She hopes these creatures won't be affected by the blinding light. She also creates some carnivorous plants, since there are no carnivorous animals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26