Dwarf Fortress > DF Adventure Mode Discussion

How to eliminate a ruler and make anarchy?

(1/2) > >>

hisntfmajesty:
Hi peeps.

I'm a total novice to this game but fell in love already.
So I begin in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a bunch of dumbos and my only purpose there is to grief them til absurd. I ask one: "Who's ur king or whatever?", he tells me a name, and I just can't find that noble person to kill and elevate a color revolution or game of thrones scenario.
Where or how should I find any certain character?
Will it change something in history?
Tell me your cool story about one adventurer changed the world?

Ubbul Atöl:
If you're still wondering.

After you ask who the ruler is, select "Ask for directions (new menu)" and type in the name of the ruler. Kings and rulers are located in mead halls and keeps, press "T" to fast travel.

After you kill the ruler they are usualy replaced with another person somewhere else. The only way I know to prevent it is to declare yourself the ruler, I don't recall a town ever falling into anarchy. If you kill a ruler it will show up in legends mode.

hisntfmajesty:
Thank you very much, I'm still looking forward how to make an impact on world history while playing adventure mode.

Enemy post:
I don't usually put in the effort to change the world, but I did have one fun game where I was playing as a dragon and savescumming on a pocket world. I killed so many monsters that a good chunk of the artwork in a later fortress was depictions of me killing things.

hisntfmajesty:
How could you play a dragon, is it even possible?

Gonna start another thread with detailed question...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version