Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to eliminate a ruler and make anarchy?  (Read 4109 times)

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to eliminate a ruler and make anarchy?
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:23:17 pm »

Hi peeps.

I'm a total novice to this game but fell in love already.
So I begin in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a bunch of dumbos and my only purpose there is to grief them til absurd. I ask one: "Who's ur king or whatever?", he tells me a name, and I just can't find that noble person to kill and elevate a color revolution or game of thrones scenario.
Where or how should I find any certain character?
Will it change something in history?
Tell me your cool story about one adventurer changed the world?

Ubbul Atöl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: How to eliminate a ruler and make anarchy?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 03:22:11 am »

If you're still wondering.

After you ask who the ruler is, select "Ask for directions (new menu)" and type in the name of the ruler. Kings and rulers are located in mead halls and keeps, press "T" to fast travel.

After you kill the ruler they are usualy replaced with another person somewhere else. The only way I know to prevent it is to declare yourself the ruler, I don't recall a town ever falling into anarchy. If you kill a ruler it will show up in legends mode.

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 11:14:46 am »

Thank you very much, I'm still looking forward how to make an impact on world history while playing adventure mode.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 11:51:10 pm »

I don't usually put in the effort to change the world, but I did have one fun game where I was playing as a dragon and savescumming on a pocket world. I killed so many monsters that a good chunk of the artwork in a later fortress was depictions of me killing things.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 11:35:16 am »

How could you play a dragon, is it even possible?

Gonna start another thread with detailed question...

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 12:18:40 pm »

Mod the game. There's a tag that allows you to play as an outsider of that species. By default its only Humans with that tag. But you can mod other species to have it.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.