Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Party-wide actions (disguise, etc)  (Read 832 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Party-wide actions (disguise, etc)
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:18:29 pm »

With the introduction of adventurer parties and body-swapping, some of the more micro-managey aspects of Adventurer could do with a little streamlining.

The one which came to mind was false identities. It's fun to set a false identity and pretend you're a goblin for a bit, but would be tedious in a party of 6 or 7 to have to swap to each party member and set a new identity. Oops, forgot that one guy at the back, goblins attack...

So, an "apply to all members" option somewhere would be helpful.

Put away weapons (everyone) might be handy too.

I imagine there's a few more actions common to adventuring which are bearable for a party of one and not so much when you have to repeat 8 times.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Party-wide actions (disguise, etc)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 06:38:12 am »

I think this is planned in the near future, being able to give party wide orders.  It would very much mean that companions are no longer a complete liability unless you are simply going for brute force.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 09:34:12 am »

I think this is planned in the near future, being able to give party wide orders.  It would very much mean that companions are no longer a complete liability unless you are simply going for brute force.

Yeah, we'll be able to control all initial party members individually as we currently can with the only starting adventurer. This suggestion is about removing some of that micro-management that will likely arise as that arrives, by being able to give orders/control all party members to do a specific thing at once. Granted, macros could be used for this, but it's always nice when you don't have to use those. +1

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 10:01:14 pm »

Yeah, we'll be able to control all initial party members individually as we currently can with the only starting adventurer. This suggestion is about removing some of that micro-management that will likely arise as that arrives, by being able to give orders/control all party members to do a specific thing at once. Granted, macros could be used for this, but it's always nice when you don't have to use those. +1
Yeah, macros are good for getting through a lot of it. Don't think they'd work for taking on a disguise for infiltrating a specific civ though. Options are unique each time.