Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Candles In The Dark (IC Thread)(Turn 6)  (Read 6568 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candles In The Dark (IC Thread)(Turn 1)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 05:23:32 pm »

This one suggests intertwining Fields of divine lights, the brightest of them holding as focal points around which the others would be bound in gears of Ethereal brass, turning and twisting, providing an ever changing field of defense around the world.  This one is willing to donate a total of Six should its Suggested shape for these defending stars be taken.
Anath gives Athalonus the kind of glance that suggests he is currently wishing he had eyes so he could roll them. "No."

"If you desire to craft a constellation I will not oppose it, but this is supposed to be a starfield, not a gearfield."

"I would definitely be willing to venture power towards a barrier against the Eldritch Threat. However it seems unwise to put all our gemstones in one bracelet, so to speak. Would it be intelligent to create multiple layers of defensive barriers, using different mechanisms?"
Anath gives Ventura a shrug. "I would not object to other defensive measures at all, should more be thought up. I only seek but two or three units of energy as assistance by those willing to give some, so if you have another barrier in mind you should still have enough to craft one of your own."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 07:14:41 pm »

Go'sha scoffs. Barriers, I can go along with, but if we are building armies to fight the Eldritch Power, I will raise my own.

Go'sha will provide 2 energy to the barrier created by Anath

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 07:19:02 pm »

Ah, so we're clear, I'm willing to provide however much energy is requested toward all defensive endeavors.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 09:59:12 pm »

Ma Dong frowned. "It seems you are all resolute in this endeavour. I would not oppose it, but neither will I contribute supplies towards it. I shall instead, focus on other defences."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 02:29:17 am »

Go'sha scoffs. Barriers, I can go along with, but if we are building armies to fight the Eldritch Power, I will raise my own.
Go'sha will provide 2 energy to the barrier created by Anath
Ah, so we're clear, I'm willing to provide however much energy is requested toward all defensive endeavors.

Anath nods gravely. "My thanks then, to all who would aid me in this task. Between you two and Ventura, should you each donate two units of force to this, and I then provide three units of power, we should be able to weave a barrier that will significantly hinder our foe, without overly provoking an... unfortunate response. Though it will likely respond in some way to this, as I doubt it will happily accept being warded out of what it means to bring to ruin."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 09:04:33 am »

Anath nods gravely. "My thanks then, to all who would aid me in this task. Between you two and Ventura, should you each donate two units of force to this, and I then provide three units of power, we should be able to weave a barrier that will significantly hinder our foe, without overly provoking an... unfortunate response. Though it will likely respond in some way to this, as I doubt it will happily accept being warded out of what it means to bring to ruin."
Bastion also nods, with significantly less gravity and more impression of enjoying the act itself. They then provide 3 energy.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 12:29:00 pm »

Saraab raises a non-existant eyebrow.
"I urge you to not spend much more energy than necessary on this barrier. Allow us to bolster its strength once it is up."

With that, he turns to Ventura.
"While they work on the barrier to keep out the larger Eldritch Beings, we can work on a barrier to harm those who make it through. Perhaps an exosphere of holy power that burns them as they enter our atmosphere, weaking them slightly so they are easier to deal with?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 01:06:45 pm »

But protection is my thing! I'm good at it! I'm pretty sure that my contributions will be worth more, part for part, than any of yours! So of course I want there to be more of my work in the construction!

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 08:57:26 pm »

Go'sha looks at the barren land longingly, while her fellow gods bicker about 'gears' in space in the background. Red flames dance around her as she raises her arms, and shoot out as she thrusts them forward, skipping across the ground in a wide arc. Each time the fireballs make contact with the ground, they create a ripple of fire, as though she were skipping stones. From the points of impact, crimson colored grasses start to grow rapidly, fed by her divine power. The patches continue to expand outward across the land as she turns back around to listen to Bastion's response.

Go'sha spends 3DE to create Wildfire Grass, a vivid red meadow grass. The name comes not only from its color, but by how it behaves at the beginning of each season. It spread across the ground rapidly, like a fire, killing other grasses out in order for them to be used as nutrients for other larger plants. She spends an additional 1DE to add some mundane plantlife that doesn't deserve much attention.

Total DE used: 4(+2 for barrier)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:57:50 am by Elvish Miner »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 10:56:52 am »

Saraab turns to Athalonus, who's brass idea had been shut down.

Those gears of yours...they would probably hurt if they crashed into an Eldritch Being at hundreds of miles an hour, right? If you wanted to help me, we could make our exosphere out of tens of thousands gears caught in our planet's orbit.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:29:33 am by Wozzy »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 12:39:12 pm »

Ventura smiles. "I will happily provide a portion of energy to this outer barrier."

Ventura then provides 2 energy to Anath's barrier.

Afterwards, he turns to Saraab. "Personally I would prefer an inner barrier of vast cutting winds, cutting to shreds anything that dares penetrate the outer barrier."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2019, 04:29:32 pm »

Saraab spends 4 energy creating hooved quadrupeds. They are lean and agile, and eat the Wildfire Grass. They have gold colored hides, with red splotches to provide camouflage, and two spiral horns with boney outgrowths, like spurs, on their heads.

One day you will provide nourishment for the sapiens on this planet, but for now, roam and grow! I name you Red-Prairie Antelope, after the lands you graze upon.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:03:46 am by Wozzy »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:56 am »

And so it is that Anath, with the aid of his fellow gods, reaches out into the darkness of the space beyond the sun, beyond the bounds of the world, at the very edge of existence itself. Where space grows thin under the enemies hate, and time itself is gnawed and holed, and the eldritch menace that means to end this world extends the first tendrils of influence. And it is there, in the eternal darkness of the long night between worlds, that Anath pools the power gained from other gods and sent by himself, and readies himself for action.

Thus does Anath speak. "Let there be light."

And lo, there is a light born in the dark, as stars without number burst forth into everlasting life, shining brightly with a defiant mien. And between those stars a vast net is woven, starlight and stardust and shadow united into a shield that bars the path, that closeth the gate, that seals the lock, that denies the corridors between. The way is shut. The way is sealed. And while no barrier will stand forever undaunted, for time undreamed of the stars will guard the outer limits against that which comes from beyond, slavering and hateful, to destroy all that is. Their power will be sealed, their whispers denied, their sight blinded. Every door and every window guarded by the guards that do not sleep, with flame and the burning light of beyond as their sword, and their shield the stardust of their wake.

No guard will stand forever unfailing. But the enemy must still take them into account. The way is shut, and even once a new path is forced, the guards will still shine in defiance, a bane to the foulness forevermore.

[Anath gives 3 energy to forging the Wall of Stars, which unless my math is wrong should add up to ten in all. 3 from Night, 2 from Wind, 3 from Preservation, 2 from Destruction. Anath will, instead of seeking to form the barrier to completely block against the ET for as long as possible, instead design the barrier with an eye to provide the greatest hindrance to any threats that pass through and beyond the barrier to the world it guards, weakening and constraining them and their ability to do stuff as much as possible, if such a barrier design is possible. If it isn't, he just forms it with an eye to slowing down the attacks as much as possible instead of blocking it entirely, because you've indicated that no barrier will block the attacks entirely for more then a moderate amount of time, if that is possible.)
Forenia Forever!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 07:51:36 am »

[Ignore this post, please and thank you.]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:08:08 am by Glass »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 08:08:15 am »

Too little too late, Saraab speaks up.

I again ask that you show restraint. While it might cost more energy in the long run, building it up slowly will reduce the chance of the Eldritch Beings striking at us before we are ready.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:10:42 am by Wozzy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9