Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Candles In The Dark (IC Thread)(Turn 6)  (Read 6588 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Candles In The Dark (IC Thread)(Turn 3)
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2019, 05:13:49 pm »

Indeed! I notice that my stores at present are the greatest, so I’m willing to be one of the two to present two units, yes?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2019, 05:48:15 pm »

And so it is that Anath once more works with other gods to being a creation unto existence. Granted, this creation is far less important then the Wall of Stars, but it is still a creation formed in unity and consensus. Thus, with the powers of Night, Wealth, and Protection, Anath strikes the earth, causing great serpent like beasts to form, crawling blindly upon the dirt... for but a few seconds, before they have burrowed beneath it. These Tunnel Wurms will cross the world entire in time, digging under oceans and mountain ranges alike. The passages and caverns they form will be colonized by life, in the long extent of time, and eventually new ecosystems created in the depths of the world. But that is in the future. For now, the blind diggers have just begin to hollow out the world.

Spoiler:  Tunnel Wurm (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:36:10 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2019, 06:02:46 pm »

Ma Dong takes a strip of jerky from his ration pack and scatters it into the waters of the world; with a firing of his rifle, he transforms them into living life; Fish. He ensures that all forms of fish at their various life stages are created

5DE: create Fish.

Spoiler: Fishies (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:35:57 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2019, 09:43:58 pm »

Kamoan approaches Ma Dong, Ma Dong, I have concerns about the Jinli. Their invasive nature does not sit well with me. This unconsentual infestation is an act of agression against my, and all, people. So I come before you today to see if we can reach a compromise or if I must simply protect my mortals from this incursion. Of course, as always I would prefer the former.

As such, in exchange for changing their life cycle, what would you desire?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2019, 12:29:51 am »

"Ah, friend. You desire a bargaining, but shan't do without a proper greeting. I apologise for not having done so previously; my mind was much preoccupied with other matters ."

Ma Dong removed his helmet and laid his rifle to drift in the void for a time. With a nod of his head, Ma Dong conjured a folding table, upon it being a vase decorated with yellow and black spirals.  Thin branches of fir were intermixed with lavender and peonies.

Around the vase were two earthenware cups, teapot, saucer and tea leaves (prepared as oolong, of course). The teapot was already filled with hot water that was not quite boiling, but neither was it lukewarm.

Ma Dong took a tea leaf holder from his ration bag and carefully extracted enough for two, inspecting the leaves slowly and purposely. He sighed. "I apologise for such poor fare, there is not yet a local tea in this existence. Still, it must do for now."

Ma Dong placed the leaves in one of the cups and poured water, letting it settle for a half-minute. He picked the cup up and smelled the scent of his ration. "Awful. Such is life beyond home, I suppose."

Without a thought, he tossed out the brew into the void, before placing the cup once more on the table. He then sifted through the leaves, looking for a few leaves longer than the rest. Satisfied, he placed them in the teacup, allowing them to cook for a few minutes.

"You are not happy with my creation, I see. You see it as infestation, I see if as true harmony.  Harmony is required for peace, and with peace we can achieve prosperity."

At this point, the tea was now done. He poured himself some tea and offered another cup with the brew to Kamoan. If one were to inspect it, the tea had clearly lost much of its aroma, but the fast was stilt yet preserved.

"Of course, you value the individual freedom to choose, I understand. It is unfortunate that we must be at opposition in this and I myself would wish peace between us. War is a messy matter best left as last resort- not an easily given threat amongst brothers and allies. "

He took a sip of his tea. "Ugh. Kamoan, I may be a soldier, but I've gone soft. This tea is absolutely horrid."

He coughed. "That said, I'm sure we can come to an understanding. As you find consent so important, then perhaps we can make ourselves both pleased. Encourage your dragons to take on a carp within them. I would like to see the results of a mass melding. If you would not agree to this- or if volunteers are not forecoming- then we may discuss other avenues of compromise."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 12:45:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2019, 01:12:52 am »

Kamoan sips the tea and straight faced sets it down on the table. A pouring saucer of rich cream and a silver shugar spoon add sweetness to the tea before Kamoan resumes drinking. I'm less than fond of this proposal, I must be honest. I have respect for your vision of harmony, but it is not the same vision I share. While I do not mind if the dragons seek the carp, which with some illumination, some may. However, this is not the vision or future I want for them. They are a proud an ancient race, solitary and noble they lord over what they might with what might they might manufacture or maintain. To share their mind with another violates what if means to be a dragon. Their Gattungswesen, if you will.

Though I am less concerned for the dragons than I am other mortals. The strong are more than likely to burn the carp as it tries to take root, and even the weak would be a challenge. Though it is among them the pursuers of the carp may be. I could reach into the ranks and put forward an offer. An offer, a new species of dragon, which would take to the seas and share themselves with the carp. However, my price would be high, perhaps too much so, but it is the price of passion and of great consequence to my soul. In exchange for this draconic melding and transformation, I would ask that the carp be changed so that they may only root in animals, that species of dragon, and mortals which undergo a ritual or task of some nature to open their souls to the carp.

This of course would include the other dragons, which did not change, as well as present and future smaller mortals. That they may build great cities upon the seas and rivers, without fear of finding a voice join their own internal dialogue, is another desire of mine. 

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2019, 02:23:49 am »

Ma Dong sipped his tea, drinking slowly and fully.

"That would be an attractive proposal, had I not already had plans similar to what you offer. No, I need not a new species of dragon. Still, I'm sure there is something to agree on."

"You ask that I modify my creation fully in order to protect the concept of the dragons. This costs me energy, as you would know. Cover the cost , inform the dragons of what benefits melding may offer and allow me to influence a subset of your dragons- with their *consent*-  and I may be amenable to their modification. Although I would not make it a ritual in order to open oneself, but simply a confirmation in one's mind."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2019, 08:51:36 am »

I ask you to modify your species not only for the dragons, but for all mortals who neither ask for nor can deny an intrusion into their bodies, minds and souls.

A compromise in which I cover the costs of the action, do not get what I ask, but a weaker variant instead, and give influence over a subset of dragons is hardly a compromise.

The costs to benefits is far unbalanced, I would gain less and spend more than simply taking action to protect what is mine, or to even create a symbiote to infest the Jinli. Which should be no issue, given that's the issue before us.

If you'd like a compromise, it must be more equivalent than this uneven proposal.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2019, 09:43:31 am »

Go'sha looks up at the stars, in their strange patterns, and wonders if there could be something more to them. She approaches the other gods with a query.

"My fellow gods, look up. Do you see what I see? I see an empty canvas, waiting to be painted. What say you to the idea of rearranging some of the stars into constellations that represent each of us, in order to remind the mortals about their protectors every time they look up?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2019, 04:23:51 pm »

Anath finds his attention very much attracted by that proposal. "While I completely support the idea of constellations, I do feel the need to remind you that the current stars are placed for maximum defensive utility. As such, should you desire to make a constellation, please create new stars in the heavens instead of moving around the ones already there."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2019, 04:45:19 pm »

I ask you to modify your species not only for the dragons, but for all mortals who neither ask for nor can deny an intrusion into their bodies, minds and souls.

A compromise in which I cover the costs of the action, do not get what I ask, but a weaker variant instead, and give influence over a subset of dragons is hardly a compromise.

The costs to benefits is far unbalanced, I would gain less and spend more than simply taking action to protect what is mine, or to even create a symbiote to infest the Jinli. Which should be no issue, given that's the issue before us.

If you'd like a compromise, it must be more equivalent than this uneven proposal.

Dong shrugged and drank. "Why do you wish it to be a ritual exactly? For my part, I distrust magic when it is not necessary."

"It would not be interesting to me toto create a new species. I ask for influence over a subset of the dragons without interference. I would not force carp upon them for I do not intend them to meld. My curiosity about a mass meld is a different interest unrelated toy desire to influence."

He took a sip "As for the costs, well how about half of it?'
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2019, 05:05:13 pm »

Anath rolls his non-existent eyes. "Yes, because the proper compromise for how your parasites should be handled is to pay you in energy to give you the right to mess more with the entities that are having their free will and choice taken from them. A fitting idea for you to suggest, and entirely within theme of your past behavior."
Forenia Forever!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2019, 05:08:17 pm »

Dong looks cheerful.

"Oh Anath, I didn't see you there. Would you like to join us for tea? It is poorly behaviour to not offer some to a guest." Another teacup is conjured and while he looked at the vase with some hesitation, he eventually shook his head.

"Come come, you can discuss your grievances and do the old song and dance over tea."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2019, 06:03:17 pm »

An interesting offer. Undue influence in exchange for sanctioned influence.

What would this influence entail?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2019, 08:51:26 pm »

Ma Dong gazed at Anath awkwardly. After a moment, he shrugged. He tapped the third cup, which promptly disappeared. He spoke in a sadder tone.

"You mentioned before about how chaos and instability - perhaps using different words- gave rise to heroes and villains. You are correct, and I agree. War is my trade and I know of it's intricacies. As it stands, the lower dragons covet power but are unable to defeat their star-studded or treasure-rich kin. I propose to teach them my trade and guide them in that prospect and then, if they should be of that nature, enlist them in the defense of the realm."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9