Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Candles In The Dark (IC Thread)(Turn 6)  (Read 6611 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candles In The Dark (IC Thread)(Turn 3)
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2019, 09:12:33 pm »

An arrangement could be made here. There are dragons which may seek power, and take it in what form it comes. I can share a group of mud dragons twice in number of the star dragons to learn the arts of war.

But I'm exchange, me and other like-minded gods have a steep price, the removal of the symbiotic element of the Carp. Or limiting the combination to only other Carp types.

This is not an offer I would make lightly. I am wary to allow influence on the dragons without due consideration. Though I feel the price I ask is similar in difficulty for you to accept. Yet it seems as though this is the price to prevent infighting at a time when the Eldritch Threat looms close and tensions run high.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2019, 09:18:20 pm »

"Entirely? Harsh. I thought you sought consent for the melding z rather than an outright ban- I'm unmoved on the matter of forbidding it on non -sapient beings."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2019, 09:34:28 pm »

A steep price indeed. I feel the pain behind my request, as I would hesitate to grant a request if one requested their mortals not to be preyed upon by dragons.

Yet, that is the price I put forward. Like I said, war is an alternative I would like to avoid, but it is not one that I am unprepared for. The subtle corruption of this action has not set well with not only myself but others. And thus, I turn to you to find a solution, knowing others may stand beside me if we cannot achieve a satisfactory conclusion. This is the nature of my charge, and I hope it is not in vain.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2019, 10:07:34 pm »

"Before I answer, explain to me why you dislike the melding for the non-sapie t creatures. I can comprehend your objection to mortals,  but not animals. Illuminate me."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2019, 10:35:19 pm »

While that bothers me less, it comes down to the matter of modifying that which is made by others without their consent, one of my several concerns. There is little a diety could do to disallow or allow this on their creations.

To compare to my own mortals dragons, which are admittedly more deadly, they can be fought, or defenses raised. There are many avenues to defend for mortals and gods alike. There is little to be done against a nigh undetectable creature which cannot be removed once it has entered the body. And further, influences the mind so that even if a mortal would want to remove it, their minds would be forcibly changed. There is little a mortal could do, much less a beast, and even a god would be forced to take drastic action if they disapprove of their domain being intruded upon. And this applies not only to what exists now, but all which may exist in the future.

And that is where we stand. A long road of rising tensions ahead of us. I would much rather close that path for time eternal than leave a route to conflict open. 

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2019, 10:58:14 pm »

"So, why then do you not oppose it when an antelope feeds on a plant, or that antelope is fed upon?"

"Do you oppose the very concept of parasitism, hemiparasitism and disease, by any chance? If so, why not predation and herbivory? Or is it merely the idea that one's 'work' would be modified by another?"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:00:51 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2019, 11:18:38 pm »

To be honest, I have thought of a great number reasons why I personally dislike this action. The fact it can infect anything and everything, the fact it neither asks, nor can be countered without great expense, barring action to simply irradicate the species. That it alters the mind and subverses the will, in regard to whether the host wishes to share it's body. The fact it's so universal. That it impacts my visions of the dragons, and of my future mortals which may not even gain the chance to exist as I could do bought to prevent their infection. While the reasons are innumerable, it matters less the individual reasons, and more their collective. As time goes on, this will create infighting, one way or another.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2019, 11:33:46 pm »

"As I said, I'm fine with neutering their ability to meld with sapient life without permission. My question is about non-sapient life."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2019, 11:46:42 pm »

The same reasons as above, nothing I or another could do if I did not want my future beasts infected, universal effect with little chance of avoidance, helplessness of the creature to avoid or choose to be infected by a nigh invisible force which then alters it's mind, and in this case, fully controls it.

Yet, in the end, while the reasons matter, it matters more that it creates a divide within the divines. I am prepared to fight for my beliefs if I cannot find a trade that is both satisfactory and beneficial for us. And if I'm willing to do so now, the future is even more bleak. Best to prevent that future in it's entirely.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2019, 11:58:38 pm »

"You keep talking about divine conflict, yes yes, but what I'm interested is your reasoning. So you do not approve for predation or herbivory?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2019, 12:13:01 am »

As I've said, there are many reasons j oppose this action. I do not innately disapprove of predation or herbivory, though, they are quite different than what is occuring here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2019, 12:19:56 am »

"I would like to question this then. Tell me, what differs between predation or herbivory and what the carp do? The end result is the lost of a creature to sustain another."

Ma Dong's manner cheered and recouped; he drank from his cup.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:22:30 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2019, 12:36:35 am »

Kamoan decides it's entirely time to abandon the tea and begins drinking ethereal wine from a golden chalice. I would say one is a fight, while the other is subversive. One you could defend against, or evolve in conjunction with, but the other prevents that through sneakery and mental subversion.

Furthermore, to make the dumb beasts cunning procludes one's ability to make dumb beasts. The option to create that is simply lost from the world, and the world grow less interesting as a result.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2019, 01:20:00 am »

It is at this point, Ma Dong whistled to the void; the pair gods found themselves in a small, but well decorated room.

"The room of shadowtalk. Our voices are muffled and our words quieted. We will enjoy some privacy to engage in this discussion."

He sipped his tea. "The nights are long, but tea makes them longer."

(Discussion transferred to discord pms at GM suggestion.)

Perhaps before, or after, the discussion

Trivial (?) Action: Appear as a vision in the leaders of the various carp communities, like this.

Ma Dong is sitting crosslegged by a pond, watching little fry swim and play. There are unfamiliar plants in and around the pond. There are some young juveniles around Ma Dong, happily emitting the scent of joy and comfort. Ma Dong is maintaining his rifle, while singing an old marching tune. He stops and looks deadset at the perspective of the vision receiver. His bears a strong musk of love.

"I am Ma Dong, though it is a courtesy from I to you to call me Baba*. It is I who first composed the initial spawn from the primordial world-ponds and I admit, that I have not guided you as I have. I have become embroiled in politicking of the divine nature. No family is perfect, unfortunately. But we are still yet a family. The world is still young and untested, and there may be yet further change and chaos. I ask you to endure and to be dutiful- duties I should have revealed to you all when you first arose. I am sorry for not having the foresight to say so sooner." The vision-viewer would at this point, smell the scent of regret.

"There are many lessons, but three I wish to instil above all."

"Love one's family. To be filial, is to be righteous. Family is above all, and to aid one another is the path to success and benevolence. I ask that you look to the plants and animals of the land, learn to control and domesticate them. Do this so that the family may be fed and grown. However, I counsel care for nature and for careful development, for nature is part of creation and is not owned by but the family, but home to all."

"Love one's neighbour. To be goodly to guests and foreigners is to be good, to love one's family is merely a duty. Though a family comes first in many things, good conduct is important for all. I ask that you learn of the foreign peoples, learn their tongues, and foster goodness with them. However, always remember that the love of one's guests should not be so great that one is blinded by their hate of one's family or selfworth. To do this is to lack self-worth and respect for one's lineage. "

"Love one's craft. To be skilled in one's art is to exalt your parents for their work and to exalt life itself. Excel in what you do and enjoy it or the rest that comes with a good work done. However, always remember that love of one's art is tempered by discipline and decency. To do what is unfilial or unrighteous for the sake of art is sinful."

"That is all I have to say for now. I part with but a single statement more: remember me and think of me, as I will think of you." With that, the vision ends.

Simple Actions x3 (so, 6 hours tops?): Ma Dong takes shape as a mortal vessel and personally demonstrates how to domesticate antelope to some carp.

*Yes, that's intentional Glass
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:13:19 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2019, 09:09:09 am »

Anath finds his attention very much attracted by that proposal. "While I completely support the idea of constellations, I do feel the need to remind you that the current stars are placed for maximum defensive utility. As such, should you desire to make a constellation, please create new stars in the heavens instead of moving around the ones already there."

"I wouldn't dare try to damage our creation Anath." she says with a sly smile, "but there are plenty more stars that aren't being used. It is simply a matter of collecting them from the other planets."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9