Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I may have made a game.  (Read 6071 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I may have made a game.
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:38:53 pm »

Hey would yous guys be interested in an rpg maker game I made.
It has text, and an enter button, and the arrow keys, and like five different endings.
If anybody expresses interest I'll put up a mediafire thingy if it's not against the rules to link.

EDIT: Putting the game up on the MEGA thing now.
ANOTHER EDIT: Eh I hope this link works. The file should be called "project LilTimtim.exe" 307.8mb
It has the RTP included. Just extract it and play.
PS: This forum is running terribly for me right now.

https://mega.nz/#!D0U3VAjB!I5UzcrQhUXaHfvatNQ1iIyQESvj_vX_cACaLweD2UD0
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 07:27:03 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I may have made a game.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 06:40:46 pm »

Well it's been a while and I didn't get any feedback, but I guess that's fine.
I'm just gonna drop this link to my blogspot where there is also a game link under the games tab.
https://zubblab.blogspot.com/
Sorry if this is necroing, I'm probably gonna let this die now.
Night.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »

I can't get the download to work.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:58:42 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:50:56 am by catacombs »

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 05:13:02 am »

Okay first off, sorry I didn't respond. Frankly I assumed no one cared and haven't been on.

Not sure why you can't get the download to work Iduno. I can, even when signed out of my mega account. When you click the link what does it do? For me it does the whole cloud picture loading screen, then has a menu drop down with the name of the file and a download button to the right of an import button. The download does take a while, but my internet is terrible lately.

Catacombs, yeah I guess I feel ya. I had a habbit of getting games this way in the past so its less weird for me.
As for the game itself, I put it together in "rpg maker vx ace". No it dosen't have git hosting as I didn't know that was a thing. As for open source, well the game is, the maker recources aren't.

Let me describe it.
It's a text adventure game built on the rpg maker vx ace platform. There are exactly two pictures, the rest is text. File size is about 307mb. It inculdes the RTP needed to run rpg maker stuff. The game is completely done and free, like I'm not halfway through it looking for money. I wanted to make games and this was something simple I managed to do as a first completed project. There was so much bugfixing. You should be able to view the source code, although it's all just scratch that comes with the maker. Lil Timtim's adventure was supposed to be more like those old ten twenty minute flash games I played when I was a kid.

Should I post pictures? It's all text anyway. I will later today I think.

catacombs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 10:56:11 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 10:51:01 am by catacombs »

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 09:56:14 am »

Well here are some pictures of the actual game play.
I tried downloading the game from the blogspot website I linked. The one that pops up as "zubblab". It worked for me. I don't know why it might not be working.

Also I feel stupid. All the folders refer to the game as "project LilTimtim", but the title of the game is "LilTimtim's Strange Night". Don't let that confuse you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 06:05:07 pm »

If it's an RPGMaker game, why not post it up on RPGMaker.net? It hosts people games, demos and etc. Heck, if it's a short game, you can probably also get people to critique it during one of their competitions to review previously unreviewed games.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:58 am »

For note: if anyone wants to upload demo games, the best way is probably a free itch.io account