Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Ruin Tech: Sci Fi Community sim, of all sorts.  (Read 5088 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruin Tech: Sci Fi Community sim, of all sorts.
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 03:30:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eexplore around the settlement

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2019, 05:59:45 pm »

Results, so far.

Power: A 7/8. Given gas is in recession. Somehow by a twist of fate figure out how to burn wood, not just as heat source but as backup energy ( hey it is legit in WH40k)

Forage: 7/8. Not only some hardy plants, but seeds and with lore can tell good from bad.

Hunt: 5/8. Found tracks. But in general critters are rare now. Damn winter, though lucky Enough did not trigger main predators of winter, say a dire wolverine.

Explore around: 6/8

A stroke of luck, good and bad. Three dead bodies. Of people who had froze to death but seemed we’re to try to join the community.

A map, has to be translated. Some grenades/bombs, fine hunting blade, a compass, and a looking scope.

Alright Other team mates join in them part two, The horror, the underground.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 07:18:39 am »

Get some help to build a wood gasifier, so we can use scrap wood to power a gas generator.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:48:18 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 10:12:26 am »

Try to translate the map, and try to find someone who can translate the map to check if I translated it correctly

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2019, 10:22:50 am »

Organize 2 foraging parties of 20 each, try to have them gather wood, and have 10 people help me figure out some-sort of power storage.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2019, 08:20:54 am »

Rolled results

7: To The map. After looking through it found matknof home camp and along map are four places of interest and arrows to them. Huh, interesting.

5: They figure to store the wood in community shed. So easy to access, though have to leave some out due to space. A clock work deal of replacing as it goes along with burning.

2: Attempting to make new generatorbresults in the assigned worker the status of maimed. How? He lost his left arm as thevdarn new thingy explodes st him. 199 healthy and one maimed. He is nick named Stumpy now.

Night event: Despite new lights and such, had to learn to keep the power off sometimes, ration and fact the light attracts monsters. Like this following night fire wolves showed up. S well placed gun shot killed the Alpha before they breached the gate. Still it is a scary world we live in.

Speaking of scary. Can now make a six person team if “dungeoneers” to go below to the underground. To try to find loot and hopefully not die.”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2019, 08:35:04 am »

Gather a small team of people together to reinforce the perimeter by reinforcing our fences with logs and boarding up unnecessary windows.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:45:32 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2019, 08:38:59 am »

Aassemble team of 6 Dangetoniers to explore the underground

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2019, 11:08:55 pm »

Next post will be dungeon mode. Rolling selected six people, environment and.. hazards.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2019, 08:04:44 pm »

I'm sorry, but I'm going to officially drop out. I'm in a lot of other games and haven't been doing anything in this one.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2019, 10:26:14 am »

The squad goes into the service elevator. When they reach lower levels, familiar sights of blood, debris, weird lighting effects, and noise.

The squad has a auto laser gunner, three people with knoves a person with those bombs and lastly a heirloom sword.

As they walk through, there is noise. Strangely enough there are pretty lights shining on fruit trees kept alive some how. While a chittering was heard in background, aside four trees a panel and three unknown doors. Be careful, it only ends if people make it back to elevator or a party kill.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2019, 10:47:42 am »

Which one am I?
Head towards one of the trees while searching for whatever is chittering

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 11:05:44 am »

( You made the play so your the group. Unless a fellow player sticks in. Also so applause about my lack of detail, if not bothered by real world would have stated and gave personal quirks to these people.)

The three knives all got fruit and seed into carry bags. As they figure it will help in growing season.

As for the Noise, it was shown to be a robot, waist up, metallic innards pulled behind, fluids leaking and insides bumping into metal floor for the noise.

So no foe yet, but consider. Something did that to said robot.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 01:13:20 pm »

Head back to the elevator. The food will help, and I think whatever did that to a robot would easily kill us so it would be safer to head back now

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 02:21:15 pm »

As your party heads back, Cue possible offender, it was a ape like creature with a large bladevweapon. Runs along while blade scraps floor, making sparks. Knives made it to elevator. Then the bomber, the Auto Laser Guard took aim and fires.

Critical hit. (Followed by a chart of damage.$ hot zone: Eyes.

: The heated laser blasts manage to get the creature in the eyes, melting them as it goes wild with fear. Only reason slice is due to thick skull.:

It has no blind fight abilities so swings wildly. As everyone makes it.

Food Units: 4
Seeds for harvest: 20.

No one died. Morale boost.

Gained no new gear orbtecjnology.

The following day, the Sun was about as the frozen world still at play, got one more month of this before spring. Two of the women are pregnant and keeping babies until said spring. But still not of much use yet.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5