Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mordhau: lutes of fire  (Read 7002 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Mordhau: lutes of fire
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 09:30:19 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of what they were going for. The two days I had it where everyone had pings in the ~25-40ms range were excellent. But the fact that a simple update so completely fucked their netcode (or something) to the point that everyone on every server had their ping shoot up to ~80-100ms does not bode well.

Nor does the fact that their attempt to balance Taiga just made it badly blue-sided instead of badly red-sided.

Still worlds better than Chivalry, but that's not saying much. Meh, I only bought Mordhau to help tide me over until Bannerlord anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 06:05:41 pm »

having fun as a northman, with a medium viking helm, chainmail body (the default one) and hunters hosen. for weapons i have a arming sword dressed up as a viking sword and 2 braces of throwing axes. for perks i picked up dodge (replaces side and back jumps with quick dodges) and acrobat (reduces stamina needed to jump by 50%). its like being a duelist but viking and its awesome. im getting kills on lightly armored foes with random axe throws, assists with heavier armored guys and can duel most people on an even footing. i feel like im improving most def, im reaching a 1:1 kd in my worst games and better when i hit my stride.

but yeah, its map designs are rough and could use some balancing as to spawn points. and could use some more map variety.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 07:53:48 pm »

having fun as a northman, with a medium viking helm, chainmail body (the default one) and hunters hosen. for weapons i have a arming sword dressed up as a viking sword and 2 braces of throwing axes. for perks i picked up dodge (replaces side and back jumps with quick dodges) and acrobat (reduces stamina needed to jump by 50%). its like being a duelist but viking and its awesome. im getting kills on lightly armored foes with random axe throws, assists with heavier armored guys and can duel most people on an even footing. i feel like im improving most def, im reaching a 1:1 kd in my worst games and better when i hit my stride.

but yeah, its map designs are rough and could use some balancing as to spawn points. and could use some more map variety.
Yesss, join the throwing axe alliance. We have cookies and funny hats for all.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 08:41:15 pm »

What's everyone's favorite builds???

I have 2/2/1 billhook firebomber support class that kicks butt in frontlines, and I've been having hella fun with my 3/3/3 war axe ultra heavy blitz guy.

I have a bunch of auxiliary support and duelist classes too--most of which work at least situationally. Still trying to figure out a hoplite class.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 11:15:39 pm »

I have a war axe dude in mediumish armor with fire and smoke bombs that I main on the new Crossroads map that does really well.  I make tons of classes otherwise, though before that I was mostly an unarmored engineer dude with a war axe, toolbox and wood mallet.  He gets one shot by basically anything but building is nice, and the war axe is good for both trashing enemy fortifications and for getting big damage cheap shots in.  I had a lot of fun last night with a dumb unga Peasant build last night too.  No clothes but shorts, Peasant, 2 heavy sticks and some rocks.  Not actually very effective, but hurling rocks and sticks at people is hilarious, and getting kills is even better.  Powerful meme build.

I'm pretty bad and Hawai'i internet ensures I'm even worse because of ping, but I've mostly enjoyed the game so far (apart from douchebags with executioner swords).  And yeah, Taiga is fucking imbalanced as hell now - at least before it usually would go back and forth over the camp, but now blue just kills it in like 5 minutes.  Bummer.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:37 pm »

Recently I've been rocking 2/3/0 with Zweihander and the friendly perk for team games and 3/3/0 with just a zweihander for 1v1 duels. To be honest I just don't find leg armor to be all that useful.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 03:39:50 am »

I think the biggest thing leg armor does for you is make bear traps not instantly kill you.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 01:56:20 am »

I think the biggest thing leg armor does for you is make bear traps not instantly kill you.
The bardiche's alt mode also oneshots naked legs, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone actually taking advantage of that, so yeah, you're basically right.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 09:14:25 pm »

noticing that pretty much noone uses any armor other than light for legs, ive begun using a halberd and sweeping legs. its wildly effective, i can do a quick sweep at the legs and nuke a heavily armored guys health down with him probably wondering why my halberd sweep just took a massive chunk of his health. its the legs.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 09:20:29 pm »

noticing that pretty much noone uses any armor other than light for legs, ive begun using a halberd and sweeping legs. its wildly effective, i can do a quick sweep at the legs and nuke a heavily armored guys health down with him probably wondering why my halberd sweep just took a massive chunk of his health. its the legs.
That has honestly lead to me using a shorter weapon in exchange for better leg armor, even if I get hit I can still close the distance and do some damage, that or fall back and place bear traps
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 06:24:23 pm »

im starting to really dig the short spear and shield combo. i have a frontliner with 3/3/2, the short spear, heater shield and javelins. im doing fairly solid as the anchor of a battle, slowly walking in after chucking a few jays and keeping my shield up. when i see someone rush at me, i hit f and i either negate the incoming kick or i kick them in the shin and keep my shield up. almost like clockwork, a teammate with a greatsword or something will run behind them and murder them.
im also enjoying being an engineer. spikes are a hilarious barrier and the ballista turret is a murder machine when setup in the right spot.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 07:25:36 pm »

im starting to really dig the short spear and shield combo. i have a frontliner with 3/3/2, the short spear, heater shield and javelins. im doing fairly solid as the anchor of a battle, slowly walking in after chucking a few jays and keeping my shield up. when i see someone rush at me, i hit f and i either negate the incoming kick or i kick them in the shin and keep my shield up. almost like clockwork, a teammate with a greatsword or something will run behind them and murder them.
im also enjoying being an engineer. spikes are a hilarious barrier and the ballista turret is a murder machine when setup in the right spot.
You shouldn't walk with your shield up. Enemy kicks actually reach farther if you do, and IIRC you don't regen stamina while defending.

But I love shields for allowing me to not deal with trying to figure out if someone is feinting or not. Sure, there's the grunt... except the big feinters all do warcries while feinting or attacking.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 12:24:30 am »

Hey do we know if there are plans for more maps/content releases?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 05:38:18 am »

Hey do we know if there are plans for more maps/content releases?
Yes. They have already teased two more frontline maps: Castelo and Feitoria.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 12:28:39 pm »

Dunno how I feel about the recent changes to Crossroads. When it first came out it was... okay. Different and a little stupid at times, but okay. Now they've made it so even if you've captured center, you still have to spawn at home base. Which means capturing center is kind of pointless and you might as well be playing team deathmatch instead of frontline.

It also forces you to walk through a no-man's land every time you spawn, which, in a map with a small battalion of horses on each side, gives you about a 25% chance of being instakilled by some random horsebro before you even get to where the real action is. Urk.

This is coming from somebody who has always and still always plays blue, though, so I dunno what the situation is like for reds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3