Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [SG] Way of the Martial Arts  (Read 1916 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Way of the Martial Arts
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2019, 08:00:37 am »

The day the woman arrived, in her flowing black dress, you thought you'd never seen anyone so beautiful. She told you to fetch your master, and without even the slightest bit of thought or hesitation, you did.

Master Quin walked out, his face narrowing when he saw the woman.

"Another Daughter. You seek death, as well?" he spoke.

At this the woman in black grinned.

"You should know by now the answer to that, old man."

The next thing you saw, the woman in black leaped forward, hand outstretched, lunging with everything she had at your master's face. Just before her fingertips reached him, Master Quin managed to coil his body backwards, his spine bending at an almost impossible angle.
His own hand wrapped around her forearm, stopping her movement, and for moments the two were locked in an almost comedic dance.

You barely see what Master Quin does afterwards, but the next thing you know he is behind her, wrapping his limbs around her body like a snake, seizing at every joint and point of movement.
She can barely move, and you think immediately that victory is in your master's grasp.

With a ghostly wail, the woman screeches, and you have to place your hands over your ears to try and block the head splitting pain. Looking up, you see Master Quin thrown backwards, not by any movement but as if he was thrown by an invisible force. The woman in black dusts herself off, and turns around at Master Quin, who managed to land his feet.

You notice his ears are bleeding.

"I always hated that." he mutters, his eyes never leaving her.

At this the woman smiles again, takes a deep breath, and you realise in the pit of your stomach that she is about to screech again. Closing your eyes and covering your ears with all your might, you wait for a terrible noise that never comes.

When you open your eyes again, the woman is on the floor, blood seeping from her throat. Master Quin stands above her. His body no longer looks like the fluid thing you saw him be earlier. Now, it strangely reminds you of a lean chicken. Or a hawk swooping in for the kill.

In his hand is her throat, torn from her body.

"What a shame. I'd planned on staying in this city longer.", your master says, seemingly to himself.

Master Quin turns to you, his visage the most terrifying you'd ever seen since the day he met you.

"Will you come with me? To the wilds of the East? Or will you stay here?"

Do you choose to go with him? Or stay?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:02:50 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 08:12:27 am »

We should go with him, as our training isn't complete and we should bring our mom.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2019, 10:32:18 am »

We should go with him, as our training isn't complete and we should bring our mom.

+1

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 11:38:33 am »

+1

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2019, 12:24:55 am »

Yes join our bad ass mentor.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2019, 11:07:08 am »

Uh...dude just turned into a bird-thing and killed a banshee?

We goin' with him. Bet.
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 07:18:04 pm »

We are defnitely going with him, but let's try to bring our mum with us, or at  the very least do some arrangements for her.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 08:05:23 pm »

"Your....mother? Bahahahaha!" Your master raises his chin to the sky, his hands on his hips, his laugh bellowing.

But you have to bring her. You can't leave her. You don't have the words to explain, or even any real understanding yourself, but you have to protect your mother.

Your master turns back to look at you, after he's done with his giggle.

"You think yourself so important, boy, to make demands of me? When you've shown barely any glimmer of potential?"

He walks right to you, the look in his face savage, and amused. He grips your face with his hand, his fingers feeling sharp as talons.

His face turns impassive, and he stares into your eyes. You stare back, with all the force and feeling you can muster.

"Fine."

He throws you to the ground, seemingly without effort.

"Land one hit on me. If you can manage that, I'll carry her on my back myself."

You almost smile, but then he raises his hand.

"If you fail to do this, and admit defeat, I'll take your eye. If you do not have any natural talent, I'll just have to make you suffer until you have no choice but to become stronger."

Master Quin stands several feet away from you, his hands behind his back. His stance is neutral.

What is your first move?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 08:29:20 pm »

Aggressive stance
Jab jab Low Kick Back Kick Front kick

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 06:39:04 pm »

Aggressive stance

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2019, 04:33:26 pm »

Aggressive stance

+1
I dont' think we have a chance to hit him, have you seen what he did to that woman? We should say to him: I know i cannot hit you. I am not stron enough, not yet then strike him when he goes for our eye.

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2019, 04:49:51 pm »

Aggressive stance

+1
I dont' think we have a chance to hit him, have you seen what he did to that woman? We should say to him: I know i cannot hit you. I am not stron enough, not yet then strike him when he goes for our eye.
This. +1
Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.
Pages: 1 2 [3]