Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Angry Ghosts - [cancelled- not enough players]  (Read 13471 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Angry Ghosts - [cancelled- not enough players]
« on: June 10, 2019, 05:46:43 am »

ANGRY GHOSTS
Time to get spooky!

Angry Ghosts is a game of mafia with a spectral twist. You play mediums conversing with the spirits of the departed, but there are possessed mediums in your midst who want only wish to bring bloodshed and ruin upon you all. Death is only the beginning!

- When players die, they stay on in the thread and can keep posting (though their votes no longer count).
- Only dead players have night actions.
- Some players will start the game as ghosts.
- There are no roleflips.

Spoiler: Mafia Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Set Up (click to show/hide)

Signups
- dolores
- TricMagic
- randomgenericusername
- Nirur torir
- Deus Asmoth
- Powder Miner
- Tiruin
- IcyTea
- Moony

Spectators
Anyone is free to post in the thread as an unaligned spectator
- SuperDorf
- hector13
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:44:55 pm by notquitethere »

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile

in
I'll try to find a suitably spooky avatar for this

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

Watchin'.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In.

Also, have a Yuki-onna.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

This gentle yet fierce spirit is content to watch, unless there's a drought of players.

(I can't guarantee to be able to post thoughtfully enough to play Mafia well in the next couple of weeks.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile

As a side note for anyone looking at this and thinking "Man I wish there was a simpler mafia game up so I could join that for my first game"
Despite it's vagaries this is pretty much the most down-to-earth straight shooting game you could play.
The night game doesn't matter outside of the night game (chasing kills with single use protects) and the day game is going to have the input of the entire set of players (and everyone else on the subforum if I'm reading the OP right) for it's whole duration.
It's like a beginners mafia except every player who feels like it can IC, so you're likely going to get a whole lot more input on how to play than you would almost anywhere else and there's a lot of time that will be saved because we don't really need to worry about the mechanics or rolefishing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I’ll pee the woman.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I’ll pee the woman.
Uh?

--

If anyone is on the fence, it's as dolores says: this should be quite an accessible game, and everyone can get involved whether they die or not-- so if you're worried about activity, you'll have plenty of time to talk whether you live or die.

I'm trying something a bit different here, counting weekends at half the time. The idea is to avoid massive double-length days every weekend, but also make sure no day falls entirely on a weekend.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll in, kibitzing looks to be an amusing gimmick.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

I'll go in.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Yeah, sure, I've been wanting to play a Mafia. In.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

NQT GAME :D
In me.
I’ll pee the woman.
You know I read THIS instead. Also I'm extemely rusty after having gotten a job and trying to live (and also being very sorry about many things in the far flung past towards people who in my own perspective I believe I've hurt a lot!)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Great to have you on board! (Also, I struggle to believe you could ever cause any long term offence, Tiruin. You're the most affable person on this forum!)
Pages: [1] 2