Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon Trap Components Not Showing In List  (Read 1038 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Weapon Trap Components Not Showing In List
« on: June 12, 2019, 12:54:19 pm »

I keep having this problem, not sure if it's a known bug or if I'm missing something... When I try to create a weapon trap, most of the time there are very few trap components shown in the list, even though I know I have loads of them in a stockpile. The components are unused, unmarked for task, not forbidden... Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't, and it makes building weapon traps consistently an absolute nightmare. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. Looks like the trap components were in a bin in a weapons stockpile, and every time the bin was marked because someone was coming to grab something from it, it removed all the trap components from access as well. Made a trap-components-only stockpile now and it's working better.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:59:33 pm by Sappho »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Trap Components Not Showing In List
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 05:56:24 pm »

It seems you know this already, but bins in stockpiles cause all kinds of lockout issues, so they should be used sparingly and with care. It generally works to have binned stockpiles used to store junk that's then hauled to the trade depot for disposal (assuming you don't care too much about some of the bins not being available for trade in any given trade goods selection session, and thus will remain for the next caravan), as well as other cases where you won't have much trouble with concurrent access (such as building up a store of things you're not removing until you're done placing them in the stockpile).