Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to remove an old fortress from the world map?  (Read 2073 times)

Carter938

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
How to remove an old fortress from the world map?
« on: June 11, 2019, 04:21:32 pm »

After I created my current world and searched for a site, I found a nice area directly next to a mountain range to embark and start a fortress. Upon embarking, I realised the location I had chosen in the local map (not the world map) was not ideal and so I abandoned the fortress almost instantly. However, in the local map (still on the same world map "tile") I found another area that looked promising and embarked there. It was as nice as I had hoped so I stayed there and have built my fortress there.

Now however when I go into the world map and cursor over the tile where my current fortress is it only shows info about the short-lived "fortress" that I had embarked and not actually settled at, and because of this it shows info like "No civilized population." Is there any way to remove this old embark "fortress" completely so when I cursor over the area it shows my real current fortress and all the associated info? Thanks.

I have DFhack so if there is a way to do it with that I can.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 04:23:31 pm by Carter938 »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove an old fortress from the world map?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 05:54:12 pm »

Edited on re-reading your post.

You should post a bug report if the map isn't able to show your current fortress information due to being too close to the old one. Didn't think that was possible.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:58:05 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 03:52:48 am »

A bug reports should be posted only if the new fortress was created using vanilla functionality, not if e.g. DFHack's Embark Anywhere was used to make it possible.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 12:00:24 pm »

If you embark in the same tile as an existing AI reclaimable site, then on the 'c'iv map you will only able to see the reclaimable site, so it seems there is no key to toggle to the "next site within this tile".

Deleting a site is probably not an option. Sites are referenced and linked to world history, and deleting it probably would leave a trail of bad links within the data structure. You might be able to move it into another world tile. The forum's Modding area would be a good place to ask.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 05:49:08 pm »

While it's possible to move sites, there's some information I've been unable to find that still links a site to its original location, at least when those sites are civ founding ones. Thus, it's probably a bit dangerous to move them around, although it seems necro towers can be moved without ill effects.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 08:10:06 pm »

You should post a bug report if the map isn't able to show your current fortress information due to being too close to the old one.

Reported: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11107