Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebison oddity  (Read 908 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Werebison oddity
« on: June 22, 2019, 08:38:13 pm »

So I have a Werebison hammerer who was training by herself. And she turned into a werebison. And just stood there. Without harming anyone. Is this a known bug? She also doesnt show up as cursed on dfhacks cursecheck.
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Werebison oddity
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 08:53:59 pm »

Lmao when she becomes a werebison shes just chilling with all her cats in the barracks. Its your friendly neighbourhood Werebison catlady I guess
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 11:40:11 pm »

I noticed something like this while a werebeast was alone in their fancy cell (with bed, barracks, temple, etc). If they change form while praying or training, then they will not destroy the furniture.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 10:20:29 am »

Ok you were right. I had her not train for a month. And when that time of the month came she killed about 20 people in 2 seconds! Not joking! Just played whack a mole with their skulls. So I guess having werebeasts train is a good way to make sure they dont kill people.

Obsidian 1053

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 03:01:21 am »

Just don't let them spar!  If the werebeast is sparring when they change, it can cause a loyalty cascade.  Been there, done that :-P 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 03:57:40 am »

And if something can go wrong it will, eventually: At some time the were will have decided to eat/drink/sleep/pray/read/socialize rather than train at the time of transformation. Thus, training may be a way to reduce the frequency with which to replace the furniture in its confinement area, but furniture is much easier to replace than Urists...