Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 59370 times)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Day 1 begins!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 01:38:54 pm »

Keikoski, is not school day. Quick analysis says you need friend. I also need friend, in survival situation, more people, mean better chance of not die. Follow Keiko North

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 03:10:15 pm »

Issac Revero takes a moment to examine his current situation. The state of the labratory suggested that his plan of making a fortune in bank interest by freezing himself for a long time didn't work out the way he intended. He would need to take a very close look at the waiver he signed at some point.

Issac searches Walt Lab for information, such as a map or something

(For the record, this character was corrected by removing 2 points from wits, and adding 1 to body and 1 to weird.)

Spoiler: Isaac Revero (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2019, 03:23:29 pm »

(Updated mutation and big dream.)

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

A man of action, El Tigre moves SE!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - accepting players
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2019, 04:08:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Timmy? Bro! I'm so glad you made it! But how?"

Give Timmy a brohug and listen to how he ended up here before seeing about getting some grub.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:08:32 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 05:31:18 pm »

Updated sheet. Now...

"Where... what happened? This isn't the right place at all..."
Amoretto goes looking around the labs, searching for clues as to what occurred. His meterstick will be used to poke at stuff he's not really comfortable with actually touching, and to reach things that are otherwise too far to get at.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:14:00 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 06:44:53 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

Tim Tam stands where they are for a moment. If one where to look at them, you might not even know they blinked. It doesn't take them long to decide that this is where the most people are, and thus it's where they will stay for the moment. Rather then simply stand here however...

Follow the lawyer with the golden finger, though instead of searching for information, try to find a weapon. Small, concealable.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2019, 08:07:01 pm »

First things first, grab my bike. Then, get it back inside the labs, and listen to Timmy's story. Gotta get a sense of what happened.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:20:26 pm by WyrdByrd »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2019, 04:14:30 am »

Explore Northwest.
Follow Keiko
Keiko and Kateryna push open the stiff doors of the lab and start walking northwest. The pair stroll along an unfamiliar street. Old office buildings, hollow and grimy, tower up on either side. The tarmac is cracked. Everything is otherwise orderly: the street is empty of cars, as if on the day things fell apart everyone stayed at home.

The avenue ends in a small plaza filled with two large fountains and a moss covered statue. The fountains have long since stopped pumping but are filled with green water. A frog sits on the edge of one the fountains. In the middle of the plaza is a large metal stall, all closed up. On the side there is a faded image of a burger.

Roads twists off away from the plaza in all directions. To the south, the city is even more clogged with overgrowth. There is faint clanging from the north.

Keiko and Kateryna: +1 tally for exploration

Issac searches Walt Lab for information, such as a map or something
Amoretto goes looking around the labs, searching for clues as to what occurred.
[Isaac rolled: 1+1+2wits=4]
[Amoretto rolled: 1+1+1wits=3]
[Tam rolled: 3+3+2wits=8]
Isaac and Amoretto scour the building for some kind of sign, some information. Tim Tam follows, keeping an eye out for a concealable weapon of some kind. She finds a sturdy iron bar that was lodged in a door handle, wedging the door shut. She picks it up and it has a reassuring heft to it, but it's small enough to slip up a sleeve.

Isaac and Amoretto, having scoured the rest of the building without luck, push open the newly unblocked door which abuts the hall of cryogenic chambers. They see a complicated set of machines and... two dogs? The creatures are wrapped in plastic straps and look like they have been pickled, their hair is patchy and skin wrinkly. Each has two independently moving cameras where their eyes used to be, which whir and turn simultaneously to Isaac and Amoretto as they enter the room (Tim Tam following up the rear). The dogs then move, jerkily, as if stop-motion animated, as if to pounce.

Isaac: +1 tally for critical failure
Amoretto: +1 tally for critical failure
Tim Tam: has gained a sturdy iron bar.

Give Timmy a brohug and listen to how he ended up here before seeing about getting some grub.
First things first, grab my bike. Then, get it back inside the labs, and listen to Timmy's story. Gotta get a sense of what happened.
[Theodore rolled: 5+6+0empathy=11]
Ed had paid extra to have his precious bike frozen alongside him, so he fetches it from the cryochamber from whence he came and heads upstairs to hear Timmy's story.

Theodore and Timmy hug, and bounce off each other as Timmy's rubber body reverberates.

"Dude you look just the same as you always did. I've been all rubbery ever since I woke! The others... there was about fifty of them all got up over the last month or so. They were all weird and mutated... and they didn't stick around. They looted the place for anything worth having and head off north. I quickly discovered I don't need to eat anymore and I didn't want to leave without you so I've been hanging out here reading your novels this whole time."

Timmy points to a complete collection of the works of Theodore Ansen.

"This situation is just like in Flight Of The Gamma Men. Except for the fact I haven't seen any molemen yet."

He prattles on a bit longer, but it seems he knows as little as you. Now you know where the others headed and that there is likely no food left in this place if there ever was to begin with.

A man of action, El Tigre moves SE!
El Tigre heads off towards the southeast. He soon finds himself in what was once an industrial estate. Around him he can see half a dozen squat bulky warehouses and factories, all rusted corrugated iron, toppled chainlink fences. They are hard to get to because everywhere here is clogged with thick thornbushes that have taken over the old carparks and roadways. These threaten laceration to anyone travelling this way.

To the north, the turn of a river can be seen, while in southerly directions the brambles are dwarfed by a towering forest interspersed only by old rooftops which show that it was once city.

El Tigre: +1 tally for exploration
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:19:23 pm by notquitethere »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2019, 04:48:51 am »

"If anyone needs a doctor I'll be heading south."
Explore to the south.

Spoiler: Dr. Burt (click to show/hide)
(I took one point out of Empathy.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2019, 05:05:59 am »

"If anyone needs a doctor I'll be heading south."
Explore to the south.
Burt strolls out of the lab to the south. The sun is still high in the sky, though he could swear the sky is a darker shade of blue than he remembers.

His strides are long, and he passes over the weed-strewn streets quicker than he would in the past. Buddleia and ivy coat the buildings here which are crumbling in on themselves. The tarmac is split with hundreds of scrawny elder and sycamore trees bursting out everywhere. Burt soon finds himself lost in a thicket, in the hollow of a half-collapsed house, the shell raising up around him. All around are trees and underfoot, beneath the dark canopy, green triangular grass-like leaves sprout up with tiny white flowers. There is a faint whiff of garlic. Sometimes he catches a glimpse of something in his peripheral vision moving off distant between the branches and piles of rubble and brick.

Burt: +1 tally for exploration
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:13:11 am by notquitethere »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2019, 06:00:30 am »

"Its strange I feel like I'm taller than I used to be, but I don't think that's possible."
Search the area I find myself in for anything of use or clues to what happened.
((I'm curiouse did you make up all of the mutations or did you find a list?))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2019, 07:12:35 am »

(I've got two lists: one of 1000 mutations, many of which are too useless so I have to reroll frequently, and a much shorter list of about 100 mutations, almost all usable. I flip for which list to use. Then I rewrite the mutation descriptions for greater clarity.)

Search the area I find myself in for anything of use or clues to what happened.
[Burt rolls: 6+2wits=8]
Picking over the ruins Burt gathers up a thick handful of three-cornered leek, a relative of wild garlic. Every part including the flowers tastes of onion. Not exciting, but he knows he'll have something to eat. The buildings are completely overgrown here, and the height of the quick growing sycamore trees indicate that they haven't been cut back for roughly a decade. Whatever happened to this city, must have happened about ten years ago.

As he's bent over collecting the greens, there emerges from between the trees a gangly limbed metal construct, like a great daddy longlegs, complete with a set of fiberous wings. In the center of its round metal body there's a series of camera lens. It whips forward a razor sharp appendage that swishes past Burt, tearing a rent open in the side of his lab coat.

Burt now has a handful of three-cornered leek.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2019, 07:34:30 am »

._.

Sonic boom to intercept the dogs' pounce, then if they're still not fully downed, try combining the sonic boom with my fire thumb to make something of a fireball cannon and launch it at them.

(RIP two snake-eyes.)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:40:50 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:56 am »

"Holy crap there's killer robots, I'm out of here!"
Run towards a building and try to loose the robot inside the building by closing doors and such, but don't stop until the robots long gone.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 08:31:25 am »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

Most people would be expected to at least flinch at such a sight, most children even more so. Tim Tam though, they simply... stared. Waiting.

If the dogs reach Tim Tam or things seems to be going poorly, Fleet Foot up to the nearest dog and use the extra speed and the double arms to bludgeon it across the face with extra force.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44