Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 58859 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Everything is gone to the dogs...
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2019, 12:27:21 pm »

Issac quickly assessed the situation. It was unlikely that he would be able to outrun a canine and dogs were notoriously good at identifying scents so a tactic that involved changing his form was also unlikely to work well.

Issac Revero reeled back and prepared to counterattack an oncoming dog's charge with a punch from his right hand to meet the dogs head with his Goldfinger

Spoiler: Isaac Revero (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 01:16:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Welp, guess that means there's no grub here. Looks like I'll have to scrounge some up since I think I still have to eat. Looks like we get to go on a real adventure, Timmy. And like true pioneers, there is only one way to go. Westward hoooo!"

To the Southwest in search of grub!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2019, 01:46:42 pm »

Investigate the Clanging to the North.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2019, 02:16:56 pm »

Sonic boom to intercept the dogs' pounce
[Amoretto rolled: 5+2weird=7]
Amoretto barks and the sound wave crashes into one of the dogs, smashing it into the opposite wall where it lands with a spark and a crunch. But the unexpected force of the blast sends Amoretto feeling backwards into the corridor, his feet skittering across the hard floor, struggling to keep balance.

Issac Revero reeled back and prepared to counterattack an oncoming dog's charge with a punch from his right hand to meet the dogs head with his Goldfinger
[Isaac rolled: 1+4+weird1=6]
The dog leaps up at Isaac and he plunges his right hand directly at the dog's maw. With incredible speed the dog snatches at his hand. His finger would have been torn off were it not made of gold. He gets a grazed hand as the dog leaps on Isaac and pins him to the ground.

If the dogs reach Tim Tam or things seems to be going poorly, Fleet Foot up to the nearest dog and use the extra speed and the double arms to bludgeon it across the face with extra force.
[Tim Tam rolled 4+6+2weird+1pipe=13]
With a blur of intense speed, Tim Tam swings her pipe at the dog about to eat Isaac's face. With the strength of three arms and the momentum of the dash, the dog's head is knocked to face backwards. It yelps as a tangle of wires loosens from about its neck.

Catching their breath, the three gather themselves together as the two cyborg dogs lie, broken on ground. The room contains a machine, which looks like an autosurgery table, but with dozens of syringes, most now empty of fluid.

Isaac gained wound: Cut Hand
Tim Tam rescued an ally from danger: +1 tally
Isaac critically failed: +1 tally

Run towards a building and try to loose the robot inside the building by closing doors and such, but don't stop until the robots long gone.
[Burt rolls: 5+2+1body=8]
Burt bounds through trees and ducks around the corner of a brick wall, sprinting into the nearest building. Once someone's home, the door was warped and hung loose in its frame. He runs across the mushroom-ridden carpet, scattering spores in his wake.

Slamming an internal door after him, Bury finds himself in a dusty kitchen, the surfaces foul, the cabinets sloughed from the wall. Where there had once been a conservatory, there is now a twist of metal and broken glass, an open wound in the house. A nest of a pigeons is the roof of the conservatory is disturbed and they flutter wildly in the space and spiral out of an empty corroded window frame, alerting the great metal spider to Burt's hiding place...

(I'll wait and see what Redwolf does before processing TricMagic's action.]

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Two crunches and a flutter
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2019, 02:46:13 pm »

As there were still guards in this room, Issac figures that there may be medical supplies that have not yet been looted.

Issac checks the area for medical supplies that may still be usable.

(Also, I think you forgot to factor in the body stat for a physical attack?)

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2019, 03:15:36 pm »

I think I got skipped.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2019, 03:17:36 pm »

(I judged that you were using the finger as a Weird attack, but perhaps I should have rolled it as a Body attack. It was the same number either way-- the stats aren't ever added together.)

Issac checks the area for medical supplies that may still be usable.
[Isaac rolls: 6+6+2wits-1wound=13]
Isaac pokes about the autodoc and finds three syringes filled with unknown fluid. He manages to safely detach them. They're labelled Chrome Yellow, Aquamarine, and Russet. The autosurgery machine was clearly connected to a computing system but that has long since been removed. The room has been thoroughly searched now, with all but the two dogs closely examined.

Isaac has gained x3 Mysterious Syringes.

I think I got skipped.
It's in the big post if you scroll up. You scored 11 on an empathy roll.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2019, 03:25:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Investigate the ruined dogbots, looking for maybe some useful parts in them, or maybe a way to restart them as loyal to me?
Be prepared to get back and yell them down if they “wake up”, and if I can’t awaken them as loyal to me, use my thumb to cut them apart to make sure they can’t wake up.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2019, 03:25:58 pm »

Not inclined to try jabbing a random syringe into himself, Issac decides to try something else, to use his Faceshift ability to reduce the size of his hand in order to reduce the blood loss from the cut hand.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2019, 05:03:27 pm »

((Right. And then nothing in the turns after that. Are you waiting on WyrdByrd?))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2019, 05:11:43 pm »

(Ah! I had missed it! Thanks for prodding me. Will get to it.)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2019, 05:21:21 pm »

Spoiler: Tim Tam (click to show/hide)

In another circumstance, Tim Tam would have likely attempted to play on the mans current debt to them, they had saved him from significant injury, possibly even death after all. Not wanting to push their luck however with an actual potential threat in the room, Tim Tam opts not to. Turning towards Issac, they speak.

"You owe me."

Then, like nothing happened, they move on to their task.

Attempt to collect one of the empty syringes from the machine.

(question, what do professions actually do? I'd assume they do something since you can spend Experience on them, but there's no description given as to their purpose)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2019, 05:28:04 pm »

Follow Keiko

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:10 am »

Go  in the direction the most people went, and try to figure out what any of these abilities mean.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2019, 08:28:37 am »

"Damn birds giving away my hiding spot!"
Jump out a window and run into a different building and close the door behind me.[/b\]
Spoiler: Dr. Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44