Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 58897 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Is this still accepting? Cause if yes, glory to Arstotzka

I don't know what I'm doing. That's good right?

The game is still accepting, I'll roll up some mutations for you:

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

Vladimir Vladim Vladislav's mutations:

Infectious Positivity
You can tap into a reserve of boundless optimism, overcoming dread, pain and interpersonal difficulty. This optimism can spread to others.

Celerity
In concentrated bursts, your can move with incredible speed.

SHAD0Wdump

Benjamin's mutations:

Interdimensional Memories
You can draw upon the memories and life experiences of versions of yourself that were never frozen.

Unstable Teleportation
You can teleport to places you can see or have been to before and can clearly visualise. But when it goes wrong, it could go very wrong. When you teleport you bring everything your holding or wearing, but it's difficult to bring anything large.

Walt Labs
Two capsules open in the dark chamber of Walt Labs. Cold blue mist hisses out and two men pull themselves out into the future. One, a mechanic, Benjamin Sriracha. He has his trusty toolbelt around his waist. Opposite him is the square-jawed Vladimir Vladim Vladislav, wearing boxer shorts and a tattoo of a red eagle on his chest.

The laboratory is abandoned, the computers trashed, papers everywhere. In one side room there are molten lumps of metal and flesh and hair fused to the ground. There's only the dim light filtering through grimy windows clogged with vines. Outside an unfamiliar crumbling city spreads out all around, trees towering through the shattered streets.

There's the sound of shouting and a car engine and crunch of metal outside.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Crunch point
« Reply #541 on: August 17, 2019, 10:05:21 am »

Walt Labs (outside)
”There is strength in numbers, and the Church of New Millenium is west, so we should be fine if we don’t head there...if you were taking Tiger with you to meet his friend, why did you threaten to kill him just now?”
"Señorita, are you okay to travel south? I wouldn't want to further damage your carapacho with an unneccessary detour."
Seeing everyone is distracted, sneak SE to Thorny Industrial Estate and then to the Stepping Stones. Irma has a radio tower to find.
"A beheading need not be fatal... you must know that," says Dulcamara, before turning to El Tigre, "Now are you getting on the bike or not?"

"Ipswich is on the way to London. This would bring me closer to where I need to be..." Helen whispers, and then more quietly, "or we could just get rid of this woman and take the bike."

While the negotiation is ongoing and Irma is ignored, she slinks off. She makes her way through a trampled path across an industrial estate thronged with brambles, until...[/i]

Stepping Stones
Irma arrives at a narrow stretch of the river where cars are trapped in the stream, their dented, slimy roofs emerging from the water. There are footprints in the slime indicating people have used the cars to cross here.

Gated Community
Issac decided to keep his distance from the truck, but would take a moment to look it over to see what he could discern about it by observation.
[Isaac rolled 1+6+3wits=10]
Isaac sees that truck has an immense back section out of which sticks a huge chimney, indicating some kind of mobile kitchen or forge set up. He sees clearly a young woman in the driving compartment. She has a machete in one hand and is surveying Tuckswood with keen intent.

Cromer Pier
Darrin thinks for a moment, before turning to Cass.
"Do you think you can get back to the Keep alright without me? I can put my skills to use better with the Lab, and I can probably act as a liaison for the Keep as well."
The Freak feels a calling to go to Walt Labs. Research is never done. Look for a group of people going back south and see if they have room for me. Make sure to hide my blue spot, don't want to accidentaly hurt someone.
[Alex rolled 6+3-2empathy+0keep=7]
"Fine by me, Darrin," says Cass. "We always knew you were just hitching a lift up. You're always welcome back if things don't work out." She hefts a crate of the nutrient mix onto one shoulder. "And we look forward to future trading!"

As soon as Cass has ambled off, waving hand signals up to her friends on the rooftop, Davis addressed the assembled mutants, "Ladies, Gentleman, and Others!" he says. "Now that we have good food for another month, you are each entitled to take your share... but should you wish to work with me, with Walt Labs, then please stay and I will induct you into the next phase. But know that you are always welcome back. If you find a working radio, I broadcast on 777AM."

Once they have left, Davis continues. "We have an important mission, more than just trying to eke out a survival. And you are all a part of this. The mutations... if I am honest, we don't yet fully know how they can be honed or where they truly come from. We know that we can induce them by harnessing mirror neurons which we believe match neurons in versions of yourselves in other dimensions... If that sounds farfetched, take it up with the Sundercom physicists. We were doing groundbreaking work in Loncom, in the London laboratory. But... there was a problem with some of the test subjects and the whole base has gone dark. I'm looking for three volunteers to go with my colleague, Dr Melano, here to help reclaim the site. I'm also looking for helpers who can stay here and make a base in Cromer fully secure in case for when we inevitably attract the attention of killer robots."

Cromer Pier (outside)

Harjinder, one of the women in the group, and Alex the Freak take their allotted supplies and slip away along with a handful of others, but most stay. Alex finds, outside the pier, the woman, Cass, and two men who she calls Dell and Frog. They're normal humans who look hardworn and ragged, dressed in jeans, padded shirts and thick jackets. They're loading the supplies into a large cart attached to two bicycles.

Alex and Harjinder ask to join them south.

"Another freak, huh," says Frog, curling his lip at Alex. "Well if you're anything like Darrin, I guess you're okay. You'll be expected to fight if we get attacked. There are robots and worse things on the road..."

Harjinder accepts and climbs into the cart, and reaches out a hand to Alex. "What do you want back in the city?" she asks.

Alex has gained purple goop x30.

Chemical Plant
"So.. do I get anything for defending myself from you, or am I going to just fight you again and again every day until you give up?

Just talk to the guy and then..  run away.  Keep a lookout for any other killer robots I can lure this guy into, such as that rhino, but if none are visible, keep moving until I can get into an advantageous position, such as somewhere with an elevation advantage, or in a narrow hallway that's cramped for the giant monster.
[Sandeep rolled empathy 4+1+0empathy-2hunter=3]
[Sandeep rolled 5+4+3body-1headwound=11]
"Ahaha," cries Troll. "Well will I follow you to the ends of the Earth to get mine Kudos!" As he speaks there's a rumbling from somewhere deeper in the plant.

Sandeep suddenly darts away, trying to find somewhere, anywhere advantageous. Troll gives chase. He turns around a corner and bursts through the doors into a large warehouse. There are barrel upon barrel of chemical compounds here. He spots labels like ammonia, sulfur, bromine, thonyl chloride, iodine and cyanide salt. He runs up a narrow set of stairs to a gantry that circles the warehouse.

Troll chases across the warehouse floor. Bursting through another door comes the cyberrhino, it's foreparts damaged but its horn still razor sharp. It spots Troll and begins to charge towards him in the centre of the warehouse.
[/quote]
Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Cathedral -> Castle
"Damn it I lost them, and I wanted to see a fight."
Try to find the cyber animal's again, if I can't look inside the cathedral and see what I can find.
[Goldstine rolled 1+5+2wits+1veteran=9]
Goldstine searches for signs of passage. He breaks into a crumbling newsagents and runs up to trashed flats above. With height, out the window, he spots the cyberbeasts making their way past the castle. Goldstine gives chase.

Red Cap runs along side him, tirelesslessly, as they bound towards the castle. The beasts have taken a longer route around, out of sight of the keep, so the pair are able to catch up with their path. As he follows, Goldstine begins to recognise some of the buildings: one more street south and the beasts will be outside Walt Labs, with Goldstine & Red Cap on their tale.

"You joining the fray, chief?" asks Red Cap, "Or hanging back to watch?"

Spoiler: City Map (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

”alright, let’s go”
When they are on the bike, head south

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 11:03:56 am by Naturegirl1999 »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Ben takes a look around, and is briefly distracted by the flesh spot on the floor before hearing the noises of a car engine, he chooses to go investigate.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Issac decided to start walking closer to the entrance to Tuckswood, but stick around to see the interaction between the truck owners and father Michael.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stalk the two of them and let them fight it out.  Attack the winner, again aiming to disable.  These guys are going to keep coming unless I can convince them it's better to just not fight me.

If I do disable one of them, try again to convince them that I'm just not worth it to go after.  Threaten to simply break any robots, but keep them prisoner instead of letting them get revived to come back.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

I'll stay here.

EDIT: Check if they know that the robots are remote-controlled, and suggest that we set up some radio-jamming defenses and weaponry.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 06:28:30 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sandra asks the wrestler, “what’s your name?”

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Journeys Begin
« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2019, 03:32:09 pm »

...Helen definitely brings up an interesting alternative, but there is strength in numbers.

Try to shake off the ear ringing.

"Fine, we will follow you to Ipswich, but you try something funny and I will pull you off this bike again."

"Mi nombre es El Tigre Picante de Hierro, but you may call me El Tigre. And what is your name, señorita?"

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 17, 2019, 03:49:18 pm »

“My name is Sandra. How did you and Helen meet?”

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 17, 2019, 03:57:42 pm »

Vladislav waked up from nap. Hearing noise of Capitalist machine, he investigates.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 18, 2019, 03:14:06 am »

"I think I'm gonna sit this one out and watch."
Keep following the cyber animals and watch the fight when we arrive.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 18, 2019, 12:08:20 pm »

"Sandra, nice to meet you. Helen and I met...actually, fought at the arena. The company Terraterror had us fighting before I disabled the device that was interfering with Helen, and then we faced off against a big yeti."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 18, 2019, 12:33:21 pm »

"oh my, I'm glad you two managed to survive. Would you be willing to tell more about your friend in Ipswitch?"

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Crunch point
« Reply #554 on: August 18, 2019, 08:29:14 pm »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Jump from car to car to get to the other side. Should I slip, use my Palm Spines to grab onto a car instead of falling into the river.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44