Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 58842 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Journeys Begin
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

"oh my, I'm glad you two managed to survive. Would you be willing to tell more about your friend in Ipswitch?"

"If it is the man I believe it to be, they are no friend of mine. They are Caballero Fuerte, and I can assure you the name is a lie, as they are no gentleman."

As he goes back to the night when he was illegally demasked, El Tigre remembers the reversal Caballero Fuerte used against him. But El Tigre is stronger now, and wiser. Next time, Caballero Fuerte will not be able to get out of his grip.

Spend 5 tallies to add the favored action: Wrestling!
Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2019, 09:29:04 am »

Walt Labs
Try to shake off the ear ringing.

Vladislav waked up from nap. Hearing noise of Capitalist machine, he investigates.

Ben takes a look around, and is briefly distracted by the flesh spot on the floor before hearing the noises of a car engine, he chooses to go investigate.
"I think I'm gonna sit this one out and watch."
Keep following the cyber animals and watch the fight when we arrive.
Jump from car to car to get to the other side. Should I slip, use my Palm Spines to grab onto a car instead of falling into the river.
[El Tigre rolled 3+2+2body-1ringingears=6]
[Goldstine rolled 4+5+2wits=11]
El Tigre talks with the millipede-like robotic form that is Sandra. While he tries to shake it off, the ringing in his ears continues unabated. Blurrily he sees figures emerge from street to the north... a cyberlion and two cyberdogs come to avenge their recently run-over friend. The dogs are scrawny and razortoothed. The lion has a mane woven with glowing fibre-optic cables. Its tail has a claw hand at the end, and strapped across its bag is a plastic saddlebag thronged with human skulls.

Duclamara says, "Shit, this isn't worth dying for." She runs towards her motorbike and starts pulling it, ready to ride away.

Meanwhile, Dr Goldstine sneaks along the street unseen and watches the beasts run out towards the corner outside Walt Labs. El Tigre is there, with the robot he was fighting at the arena. He's managed to pick up another giant robot friend. There's a woman getting on a motorbike, closely watched by a girl with wings who is perched on the roof of the laboratory. There's one of those Terraterror drones filming everything from above the rooftop of a ruined restaurant opposite and two people are just leaving the laboratory...

Out of the labs, walk a man dressed as a mechanic and another man, a boxer, dressed in shorts with a bare tattooed chest. Vladislav and Ben have arrived just in time to see everything: the Tiger-masked wrestler and a scarred biker woman, two giant robots- one like a squid, the other like a millipede, a mutant girl with three arms and moth wings, and rampaging towards them all two dogs and a lion interlaced with metal bands, cameras instead of eyes, laced with spikes and full of ill intent.

El Tigre gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Gated Community
Issac decided to start walking closer to the entrance to Tuckswood, but stick around to see the interaction between the truck owners and father Michael.
As Isaac walks towards Tuckswood the truck squeals its tyres and with a roar of its engine it disappears back north into the wooded suburban houses.

Father Michael sees Isaac and has the gates open. "Do you know who they were?" he asks.

(Can't really do anything with them while their player hasn't submitted an action.)

Chemical Plant
Stalk the two of them and let them fight it out.  Attack the winner, again aiming to disable.  These guys are going to keep coming unless I can convince them it's better to just not fight me.

If I do disable one of them, try again to convince them that I'm just not worth it to go after.  Threaten to simply break any robots, but keep them prisoner instead of letting them get revived to come back.
[Sandeep rolls 6+5+3body+1razortail-1injury=14]
[Sandeep rolls 4+3+0empathy-2hunter+1brutalcut=6]
Sandeep stays up high and watches, and waits. Troll leaps up onto a barrel and the rhino runs into it, scattering yellow powder into the air. Troll laughs with glee and hops along to the other side of the warehouse and leaps up onto a second barrel. He waits until the rhino is almost upon him before leaping to the side. There's a sudden bang as the chemicals interact together. The rhino sets alight, wiring fusing together, its body stopping dead.

Troll casually saunters away from the wreckage, Sandeep launches himself off the rails, razortail in hand and drives it straight through the cybercryptid. It severs nerves and cables all down its back and tears open its garish fur coating to reveal grey patchwork stitched-together skin beneath.

Lying on the floor, twitching, Troll looks up at you, "Verily sir, ye have me at a disadvantage!"

Sandeep tries to impress upon Troll that this violence will keep happening unless the robots leave him alone.

"You misunderstand us sir," says Troll as its form starts to shake. "Relish we a challenge such as thee!"

And then the troll explodes with a great blast of flame. Several nearby barrels explode and fire begins to spread throughout the warehouse. The fire extinguishing powder on Sandeep saves him from being horribly burned, but he knows he won't be able to stay in this place for long.

Sandeep gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Sandeep is no longer covered in powder.

Cromer Pier
I'll stay here.

EDIT: Check if they know that the robots are remote-controlled, and suggest that we set up some radio-jamming defenses and weaponry.
Amoretto informs his new colleagues that they will benefit from radio jamming defenses. Davis takes him over to the ham radio set which they've been using to communicate. It's set up in the middle of the pier, the equipment covered over to protect from poor weather. There's a makeshift scrap aerial. The machine is powered by a windup and one of the mutants gets to spinning.

"It's not my area of expertise," says Davis. "What other equipment would we need for radio jamming?"

The mutant spinning the winch introduces herself as Alice. She's a young woman dressed in a fine dress and cardigan, probably her best clothes she wore when she was frozen, now torn and grimy from travel and exploration. She has long brown hair which appears to move independently of her, and he notices there's a light blue inner glow to her cheeks as if something were shining within. "If we want weapons... when we were walking up, I saw signs to a zoo. They might have tranq guns we could repurpose?"

As they chat, Melano and a handful of recruits begin loading up the boat, ready to take it off to London.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:42:26 pm by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Convergence II
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2019, 09:45:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to take a bite out of the cyber lion

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2019, 10:01:44 am »

"Oh, mierda.."
Shake that ear ringing off!

Seeing Sandra go for the lion, El Tigre joins her to offer an assist.

Attempt to grapple the lion with one arm, using the other to hold its tail down, allowing Sandra to get a big bite out of it.

Spoiler: El Tigre Picante (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2019, 10:09:29 am »

Dammit.  Well, at least that one probably cost them something.

..And I should fight in areas that aren't important next time.

Go flee.  Look for a fire alarm on my way out, maybe it'll help with something.  If I have a choice, head North.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2019, 10:58:12 am »

I’d be willing to make a zoo expedition.
I suspect it may be controlled by the Hunters (where else would they be getting those animal parts?), but I’ve dealt with them before.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2019, 11:25:18 am »

Vladislav looked at the masked man, a fellow man of punching in trouble, with the Capitalist woman running like a coward, probaly to start a fabric that sells chocolate using slave labor or something. He knew he had to help. And so he ran, no, he blurred to help him.

Close in and use celerity to deliver barrage of left hooks on lion. The most Capitalist animal.

"Comrade, I see you are in trouble. Need help?" He asks.

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2019, 11:47:59 am »

(Did you miss Irma's action?)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2019, 12:28:18 pm »

(Did you miss Irma's action?)
(Ah must have accidentally deleted what I started. Will get on that.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Crunch point
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2019, 12:35:10 pm »

Stepping Stones
Jump from car to car to get to the other side. Should I slip, use my Palm Spines to grab onto a car instead of falling into the river.
[Irma rolled 4+6+0body=10]
Irma ably bounds from car to car, her feet finding easy purchase on the existing footprints on the cars. Soon she arrives on the other side. Here, emerging from the water, is a medieval stone tower- one more relic of this ancient city. The city, overgrown, lies open to the north and northeast, while the shore of the river runs southeast.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2019, 12:58:03 pm »

Spoiler: Irma Rama (click to show/hide)

Doesn't hurt to take a quick detour.
Find a way into the tower and look for something that I can use to amplify my radio signal.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2019, 03:02:44 pm »

Issac responds. "I do not. Quite convenient that they arrived just as we were looking for a vehicle though."

If there was nothing else Father Michael might needed him for, Issac would decide to spend some time wandering around Tuckswood and better acquainting himself with the locals.

Spoiler: Issac Revero (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 21, 2019, 05:41:14 am »

Try to get in the building I'm near, then once I'm inside try to get to a second floor or the roof.
Spoiler: Dr. Goldstine (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 22, 2019, 11:56:40 am »

Ben takes one look at the chaos unfolding before him, and ducks for cover, hiding from the robotic beasts rushing towards the group, the squid deal... and that... millipede thing.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:58:14 am by SHAD0Wdump »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 22, 2019, 12:48:20 pm »

Shameless Plug: I'm running a tactical boardgame on the forum called Heretics of Hexland, signups are open.

Walt Labs
Try to take a bite out of the cyber lion
Shake that ear ringing off!

Seeing Sandra go for the lion, El Tigre joins her to offer an assist.

Attempt to grapple the lion with one arm, using the other to hold its tail down, allowing Sandra to get a big bite out of it.
Vladislav looked at the masked man, a fellow man of punching in trouble, with the Capitalist woman running like a coward, probaly to start a fabric that sells chocolate using slave labor or something. He knew he had to help. And so he ran, no, he blurred to help him.

Close in and use celerity to deliver barrage of left hooks on lion. The most Capitalist animal.

"Comrade, I see you are in trouble. Need help?" He asks.
Try to get in the building I'm near, then once I'm inside try to get to a second floor or the roof.
Ben takes one look at the chaos unfolding before him, and ducks for cover, hiding from the robotic beasts rushing towards the group, the squid deal... and that... millipede thing.[/spoiler]
[Sandra rolled 3+1+1body+1mandibles=6]
[El Tigre rolled 5+3+2body-1injury=9]
[El Tigre rolls 6+5+2body+1luchador=14!]
[Vladislav rolls 2+1+2weird+1boxer=6]
[Vladislav rolls 2+6+2body+1boxer-1wristache=10]
[Goldstine rolls 5+1+2wits=8]
[Ben rolls 3+2+1weird=6]
Sandra lumbers over to the Cyberlion and leaps at it, but her new millipede body moves strangely and she stumbles over her many legs. The shock jolts her back into Nexus. The others see the huge robot shudder to halt.

El Tigre shakes his head again. As he does so, he feels the seam on his mask begin to split... He runs over to wrestle the lion. The cyberbeast darts towards the luchador and with his great claw hand at the end of its tail it grabs ahold of El Tigre and launches him behind it. But no one anticipates the sunset flip! El Tigre grabs the back legs of the creature and slams it down on its back. He holds it there, its tail pinned beneath him, wondering if he's broken the things back.

Vladislav speeds towards the cyberlion, now prone. It raises its head, shaking it fiberoptic mane. With superhuman speed he delivers a barrage of left hooks on the lion, but he's moving too fast, faster than he even knew he could ever move and each blow is pulled back quickly. His wrist aches with the intense and unexpected celerity of his movements. He finally slows down to deliver one last punch. It smashes the lion's camera eyes with a metallic crunch. Soon the thing spasms and sparks.

Meanwhile Dr Goldstine climbs out of top floor window and climbs up onto the roof, not far from the floating drone. Red Cap leaps up and joins him. As his iron boots land, tiles scatter down on the ground and everyone sees the pair: a middle aged man in a torn lab coat, and a blood-soaked bearded masked pike-wielding amalgam of machine and flesh.

The two cyberdogs immediately stop circling the others and bound into the ruined restaurant, towards the remains of the stairs that lead up to the top. Ben the mechanic takes in this chaotic scene and tries to flee to safety. As he does, he feels the world move around him in an instant as if he were momentarily frozen and the universe reset. When he gathers his bearings, he realises he's among the dusty tables of the ruined restaurant. Outside he can see all the robots and fighters, inside he can see two killer hounds bearing towards him...

Sandra gained +1 tally for critical failure.
Vladislav gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Ben gains +1 tally for critical failure.
Vladislav gains condition: wrist ache

Nexus
In Nexus, Helen's avatar says to Sandra, "That used to happen to me all the time. You've got to feel your way back into your new skin. It helps to expand your senses, so your half seeing through your own eyes, and half seeing through your nexus-sense from satellite images, history, your connexion to the whole of accumulated knowledge."

Stepping Stones
Doesn't hurt to take a quick detour.
Find a way into the tower and look for something that I can use to amplify my radio signal.
[Irma rolled 3+1+0wits=4]
Irma makes her way across the bank to the ruined tower. It's hollow and crumbling, mostly submerged. There's nothing there. Disappointed, Irma turns away and walks back up the bank. As she does she slips on the mud and slides into the river! In moments, she is scrabbling about in the water as the speed of the river here pushes her down.

Irma gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Chemical Plant
Dammit.  Well, at least that one probably cost them something.

..And I should fight in areas that aren't important next time.

Go flee.  Look for a fire alarm on my way out, maybe it'll help with something.  If I have a choice, head North.
[Sandeep rolled 3+4+1wits+1architect-1cuthead=8]
[Sandeep rolled 3+5+3body=11]
Sandeep struggles through the smoke, relying only on his professional knowledge of where the fire exits should be. It's too smoky to find a fire alarm or anything. The sprinklers will all be long dried out now. Pushing through he emerges out into the cracked carpark of the plant just as the second lot of explosions hit. He runs north as fast as he can, the heat on his back...

Sander gains +1 tally for moving closer to his goal.

Retail Park

Sandeep recovers, panting, in a flowery meadow. Here and there the shells of huge edge-of-town retail outlets tower up. Their metal panel sides rusted, their roofs caved in shining light down to the skeletons of shelves now entwined with ivy.

Cromer Pier
I’d be willing to make a zoo expedition.
I suspect it may be controlled by the Hunters (where else would they be getting those animal parts?), but I’ve dealt with them before.
Amoretto makes preparation to move south to investigate the zoo. He is joined by Frost and Alice with the glowing blue cheeks, and one other, a cadaverous man with sunken black eyes and a forked tongue. Lazarus, they call him.

Lazarus flicks his tongue out and asks, "So, which way is this zoo then? Which way we walking?"

(see bottom of page for full map)

Gated Community
Issac responds. "I do not. Quite convenient that they arrived just as we were looking for a vehicle though."

If there was nothing else Father Michael might needed him for, Issac would decide to spend some time wandering around Tuckswood and better acquainting himself with the locals.

[Isaac rolls 4+2-2empathy+1church=5]
Isaac tries to make friends but people are busy and he comes across wrong, like there's something unstated he isn't quite getting. In the central square, in front of a vegetable patch, he strikes up a conversation with a sullen red-headed child who calls herself Tas. She speaks quietly. "They're going to scoop out your brain and replace it with a computer you know," she says, matter-of-factly. "They say it makes them immortal, but then why do they all smell dead? I'm not allowed to leave. You should help me get out. You don't want them making me into a zombie do you?"

Isaac gains +1 tally for critical failure.

Spoiler: Full Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 01:55:51 am by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44