Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends  (Read 58912 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Getting What is Due
« Reply #630 on: September 16, 2019, 06:01:07 pm »

:D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Getting What is Due
« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2019, 08:33:29 pm »

Well it wasn't an hour. Does anyone know how long an "or so" usually takes?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Before the Deluge
« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »

Walt Labs
Hearing some noise inside the restaurant, Sandra heads towards it to investigate what’s happening, and help her allies if they are in danger
"Dude what the hell, you can't just stab people, and I don't think he killed your friend."
Use my rebar club to knock the pike out of his hands, and try to get it away from him.
"Aw... CRAP!!!"
Ben, having seemingly no control over his body, simply teleports again for somewhere safer than this.
"Ack! You filthy sanchito!"

Spend 5 tallys to increase Body to 3.
Snap the spear off, then rip it out of his hands. Toss it behind my back menacingly.

[Burt rolled 4+3+1body+1veteran+1club=10]
[El Tigre rolled 4+3+3body+1luchador-1stabbed=10]
[Ben rolled 5+5+1weird=11]
Ben and Sandra arrive in the restaurant at more or less the same time: him apparating safely, seated on a lopsided moss covered serving counter; her rolling in through a shattered window, immense in height, dizzying in speed.

They see Burt and El Tigre disarm the Red Cap at the same time, his pike snapped, ripped from his grasp, tossed far off. The cybercryptid opens his palms and chuckles magnanimously.

"I promised my yeti friend that I'd get a cheeky stab in. Well we're all even! You're an interesting bunch, and I'd like to stick around and hunt those GML toadies with you all."

Vladislav rubbed his knuckles... if there was more fighting to be had, it would him soon enough. El Tigre holds his torn stomach. Already he can feel his mutant flesh steadily start to close up. Helen, through her tentacled robot morph looks to her new friends. Could they get her somewhere she can be fixed?

Inside the laboratory, after watching the senseless violence from a grimy window, Tasha overcomes her fears and steps out into the late afternoon light. Everyone is going need some serious therapy.

El Tigre and Burt Goldstine gain +1 Hunter rep (Legends only)

Burt gains +1 tally for protecting a friend.

Amazona Zoo
“Sure. The rhea exhibit should be halfway to the entrance, so I’ll go with you and split with you when we get there.”
[Darrin rolled 4+3+1wits+1scout=9]
As Darrin left Frost at the Rhea house, he stared up at the vinechoked crumbling entrance complex. He wasn't sure what he was expecting... a Hunter factory for their monstrous bodies? An abandoned park, the keepers' bones sun bleached among the rusted cages? An Eyes of Gaia sanctuary, guarded by murderous robots? A den of famished jaguars? An infectious grin overcomes him, his engineering mind sparking free association as he saw the solid state of the building, the fences, the secret stores within... with a little imagination and a bit of hard work... this could be a base...

Sunken Care Home
"Hmm.  Well, I might get answers from these cameras, but I have to convince them to stick around.. that creature isn't going to wait for long."

Prepare myself for the combat by closing my eyes and trying to centre myself.  Use telepathy to track the attacker.. I'm obviously going to be found, so no need to hide, at least from that creature.

Secondly.. well, lets make sure the cameras don't want to miss this.  Take off my wet clothes and stack them in the dumpster, they aren't making me any warm, and do some stretches to try and stay limber in the cold, while waiting for the creature to arrive.

[Sandeep rolled 5+3+3body=12]
In the cool clarifying rain, under the watchful eye of the Terraterror drone, streamed to millions of watchful dead in their satellites miles above him, Sandeep stretches and feels renewed.

Unknown to him, his wife is on a cart just a mile away, sitting next to a monstrosity named Alex. Two famished Japanese schoolgirls and a Ukrainian soldier wait beside the highway for an ambush. Agasha licks her crocodile teeth. Kateryna blows steam out her ears slowly with cool anticipation. Keiko swishes her tail. That cart looks like it has a lot of food...

And something hungrier still stalks towards Sandeep. A woman, once human, once a resident of Walt Labs, sickened by her constant mutations, driven by an unending hunger that warps her mind as much as her flesh is warped. Tracking Sandeep psychic emanations, it stalks ever closer!

Sandeep loses condition: wet.
Sandeep gains +1 kudos.

Gated Community
Issac immediately started to wonder how a contract would be enforced in this day and age...

"Funny you should mention that. I happen to be a lawyer by trade, or used to be at the very least. I find it quite heartening to know that a contract can still be enforced in these parts. Out of curiosity, if we were to make a contract with them what do you figure the terms would be?"
Isaac talks contract law with the pregnant cultist, her and the children some of the only unaltered humans for many miles around. He learns of bargaining chips the Church has: the promise of immortality, their superior electrical knowledge, reinforcements from the south vs the gifts of the Keep-- their extensive garage, their superior armoury.

Outside the walls of Tuckswood, a huge truck with two young women, merciless raiders both, finish their scouting and turn straight back towards the weakest point in the fence, where a tractor so recently smashed through. Marie loads her pipe rifle and leans out the window. Amy accelerates hard, her machete ready at her side...

The Allotments
A blimp floats softly overhead piloted by a gorilla. Timmy stretches his back after digging out the vegetable patch. He wished he could still sweat. Theodore wasn't helping much, drunk on everyone else believing his silvered lies. Viktor drinks his vodka and tries not to think of the gnawing hunger inside of him, the everlasting desire to pluck out his new friend's hearts and feast on them oh so gloriously!

Warehouse
In her safehouse near the warehouse, Dulcamara and Tim Tam sit about eating noodles and talking to a disembodied voice on the radio.

"He had too many friends, I couldn't take him," says Dulcamara.

"If you can't bring El Tigre Picante to Caballero Fuerte, then Caballero Fuerte will have to come to El Tigre Picante!" the bombastic voice responds. "I spend all my kudos if I must, but I will get me a body and I will fight him mano a mano and take his máscara!"

Postwick Tower
Half-drowned, brambletorn, welt covered, mud besplattered, Irma Rama drags herself off the river and a mile through miserable countryside. At last, a faded sign POSTWICK. A huge comms tower dwarfing the trees around the weedchoked highway beneath it. All she has to do is destroy this and all the robots for many miles around will struggle to get a signal down. Humans can be free, they can be safe. Something twitches in the bushes, watching her. She's not the only one who knows of this place.

A Basement In Ipswich
Strapped to a table in some goresoaked basement of the Church of the New Millenium, the others sing their hymns as the drill draw closer. Kam isn't a true believer, but he's learned enough about this horrible new world he finds himself with a powerful need to have an edge, any kind of edge. Immortality! Now that is an edge. Intellectually, he knows his brain has to be removed from his skull for the process. They were quite clear about the science. But why! Why did he have to be awake while they did it!

Somewhere On The Road Near Chelmsford
Ed Kasich cycles along the lonely road south. There's nothing but madness and chaos behind him. Civilisation beckons. London! He can settle down, start a business, make something a living. A mile ahead of him, driving straight towards him, is a long convoy of determined mutants. They will be more pleased to see him than he will be of them.

Part One Ends

As you have no doubt noticed, I've got a lot more busy lately (I've got a lot of work on and I just got a pet dog). Rather than drag the game forward with a sluggish turn per week, I've decided to draw Part One to an end. I will come back to this in a month or two if/when my schedule frees up again.

We're going to have a time skip of three months.

In the meantime, I want each of you, all twenty or so characters, to give me one fact about your character and their situation that you want to be true in that time, and it will be true. It can be anything like "I meet up with my long-lost father", "I become immortal", "I die heroically", "I build a settlement" etc., so long as it doesn't contradict anyone else's facts.

When I come back, I'll start a new thread, with slightly amended rules (less focus on exploration, more focus on faction quests).

Spoiler: Final Map (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped! - a Mutant Hexcrawl RPG - Part One Ends
« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2019, 10:42:24 pm »

Darrin Amoretto establishes easily-maintained friendly relations between the Walt Lab mutants and the humans of the Keep, partly by setting up a permanent Walt Labs settlement in the Cromer area and creating a maintained trade route between it and the Keep.

Is this ok, or too much for the “one fact”?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2019, 10:45:17 pm »

Is this ok, or too much for the “one fact”?
No that's great! Detailed is fine.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 16, 2019, 11:10:25 pm »

Honestly I did come in very late. I'm ok with my character fading into obscurity.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 16, 2019, 11:21:45 pm »

You could just have them join up with Walt Labs like a lot of mutants did, and fade into obscurity among that group, rather than just becoming nothing. :p

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 16, 2019, 11:40:50 pm »

Establish and maintain negative relations with each and every faction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 16, 2019, 11:46:22 pm »

You're wife is with Walt Labs. And she was going to the Keep.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 16, 2019, 11:47:47 pm »

Yeah.  That's why I specified 'every'
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:49:26 pm by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 16, 2019, 11:49:09 pm »

Yeah.  That's why it's important to specify 'every'
(-‸ლ)
Ok. Do what you want. I can't stop you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 16, 2019, 11:52:11 pm »

...People are independant from the factions they belong to, or are categorized as, Glass.  That's not the same as 'break up with my wife.'

I've just never felt the need to have faction-based directions to find personal goals, and none of the factions seem particularly likeable.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 17, 2019, 12:00:32 am »

Understood, but there's a difference between "stay neutral or moderately unfriendly to the factions" and "keep and maintain hostile relations with all the factions". The first is staying unaffiliated. The second is putting a target on your back.

You don't need to join a faction, but you don't need to make them all hate you, either.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 17, 2019, 12:08:13 am »

I don't see any real difference between neutral and positive.  Either one will get mission offers and be expected to play ball with the organization.

I don't want an endless stream of robots or mutants or faction members coming up to me without having permission to do something about that.

Plus I always have more fun going against the flow of a game.  Why have a dozen friendlies behind me that I don't really like, when I could have fun operating against them?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:10:19 am by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 17, 2019, 12:13:54 am »

They're hardly coming up to you with mission requests if you're neutral and have expressed a lack of interest in doing the jobs they want you to do. Hell, for most of the uploxed factions, neutral means they're still out hunting you.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44