Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: DOUBLEKING [Wrapping Up]  (Read 13094 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: DOUBLEKING
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2019, 05:43:00 pm »

Use the power of gravity to pull Killer Queen to me. Then punch him in the face repeatedly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2019, 09:50:01 am »

Chuckle lightly at the guy who is taking the time to sprint across fields and fields and through an M.C. Escher castle, JUST to tackle me.
While he's busy with that...

THIS IS WHY I BOTHERED WITH REINFORCING MY BONES
WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT
WHERE DID MY EXOSKELETON GO
OH GOD
OH NO

Take a moment as momentum keeps me as an impossible target and GROW SOME BONES DAMMIT
Use the power of gravity to pull Killer Queen to me. Then punch him in the face repeatedly.

((See the 1,1, and 2,1? Those were your bone and strength rolls. This is how we got here))
[3v4]
[3,3]
[4,1][5]
Nix attempts to pull Killer queen in towards him, but the erratic teleportations and his own lack of kingly power mean that all he can do is drag the rapidly teleporting body down in his direction, bringing it from 100 feet to more like 75.  Meanwhile Killer queen does seem to stiffen up slightly. However he seems to do so because he grows completely random bones in completely random parts of his body. Nix can see Killer queen's head swell massively as a ribcage replaces the void left by his now vanished skull. Despite this extremely unpleasant boning, Killer queen is still alive. At this point its questionable if thats a good thing or not.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2019, 11:22:46 pm »

Just use gravity to fucking crush this guy, put him out of his misery.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2019, 07:42:19 pm »

Calm. Focus. Concentrate.
Now just go FULL BONE
Like, preserve vital life functions like lungs, brain, heart, nervous system, that stuff, but just...
Turn into a bone Juggernaut.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2019, 08:44:32 pm »

Just use gravity to fucking crush this guy, put him out of his misery.

Calm. Focus. Concentrate.
Now just go FULL BONE
Like, preserve vital life functions like lungs, brain, heart, nervous system, that stuff, but just...
Turn into a bone Juggernaut.
[3v5]
[1,6]
[4,4 v4]
Nix yanks Killer queen out of the sky and down onto the stairs. Despite this and the massive trauma it has endured before hand, killer queen remains alive. It laughs at Nix with its rib mouth. Really more of a sputter but the intent is there.  A fibula shoots out of Killer queen with a dramatic POOT! and arcs comically into the distance.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2019, 08:50:25 pm »

This is turning out less like a epic battle, and more like a person with a muscular deficient trying to smother their sickly grandmother with a pillow. And failing terribly.

I kinda regret giving you guys such a epic battle arena. Can I retroactively change it so that the both of them are just in a dump filled with used medical equipment? It seems a lot more fitting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 08:55:54 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2019, 08:53:13 pm »

Beat his face in with my knuckledusters.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2019, 05:34:23 pm »

This is turning out less like a epic battle, and more like a person with a muscular deficient trying to smother their sickly grandmother with a pillow. And failing terribly.

I kinda regret giving you guys such a epic battle arena. Can I retroactively change it so that the both of them are just in a dump filled with used medical equipment? It seems a lot more fitting.
Tis the issue with stacking many actions for your crowns. Statistically higher chance of hilarity.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2019, 05:49:51 pm »

Spoiler: FEEL MY PAIN (click to show/hide)

Take the first fist, then take advantage of the contact conduit to SWAP OUR SKELETONS! Should this go well, he will be the one left with an awkward arrangement of all the wrong bones and I will have a slightly-wrong-size but otherwise PRISTINE skeleton!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2019, 12:04:23 pm »

Beat his face in with my knuckledusters.

Spoiler: FEEL MY PAIN (click to show/hide)

Take the first fist, then take advantage of the contact conduit to SWAP OUR SKELETONS! Should this go well, he will be the one left with an awkward arrangement of all the wrong bones and I will have a slightly-wrong-size but otherwise PRISTINE skeleton!
Interesting...
[5v1]
[4v4]
[7,6 v 2]
Nix kneels down so that he can actually punch the writhing body of Killer Queen and swings a hammer blow down at its face. And then killer queen does something unexpected. Despite its horribly malformed body it manages to jerk its head hard to one side, so that the blow only grazes its rib enforced cheek.  And at that moment, it activates the power of its own crown. There is a burst of steam and blood laced electrical discharge that obscures the two combatants. And then from the steam rises Killer Queen his body is still badly damaged, still basically lacking any skin, but he is standing. The steam clears to reveal Nix at his feet, a puddle of soft with erratic studs of bone jammed apparently randomly throughout.  Killer queen staggers a bit, then stands up straight and poses.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2019, 05:24:59 pm »

Let's not fall for theatrics.
Take the Mine and drop it onto my blobby opponent. Walk away as it takes a moment to prime, then make one last victory pose...

As blood and bone studs fly.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2019, 05:39:03 pm »

Use gravity to collapse Killer Queen's body on himself. Use my Hunger crown to eat anything Killer Queen throws at me.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2019, 06:21:27 am »

Use gravity to collapse Killer Queen's body on himself. Use my Hunger crown to eat anything Killer Queen throws at me.

Let's not fall for theatrics.
Take the Mine and drop it onto my blobby opponent. Walk away as it takes a moment to prime, then make one last victory pose...

As blood and bone studs fly.
[4v4]
[6,1v2,4]
Whether by accident or suicidal intent, as Killer queen arms his mine and moves to drop it Nix unleashes a powerful but undirected burst of gravity that spreads outwards from himself in a burst.  Both are smashed to the ground by the expanding blast, but after it passes Killer Queen struggles up onto his feet while Nix remains on the ground, pulverized by his own final act.

KILLER QUEEN HAS WON!

Alright. So. Lets get some feedback from players. Any thoughts on the mechanics here? Things you think need changing, things you liked, etc.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:07:29 am by piecewise »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOUBLEKING [Wrapping Up]
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2019, 08:42:10 am »

I know I wasn’t able to play, but I’ve seen greatness here, I can’t think of anything that needs changing

Kakaluncha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DOUBLEKING [Wrapping Up]
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2019, 08:59:21 am »

This was certainley an interesting idea, and it certainly has really catchy mechanics. The only thing I'm curious is about how many players you have in mind for DOUBLEKING. 8 users was fine as a test, but do you have a limit in mind? For the last two, having an excess of powers might be overwhelming

Aside from that, it looks really cool.
Roll to Hunger Games teached me one thing, to have initiative.
Roll to Planet teached me that writing and developing original ideas is really fun.
Roll to Heist is a game that has teached me one single thing:

Time Travel. Is. Pain.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9