Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: DOUBLEKING [Wrapping Up]  (Read 13055 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DOUBLEKING
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 09:06:54 am »

Jeremiah activates the Crown of Strength, before winding up his Steel Shot Put and and sending it at high velocity towards the other guy who was being so rude as to not even refer to Jeremiah as his proper, kingly title.

Spoiler: Jeremiah (click to show/hide)
Run away from Coolrune.  Warp space so that Coolrune falls in the water pool around the reactor.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
We're gonna assume this is a large square room, with a catwalk going across it and the actual reactor and pool beneath it. Something like This.

[3][1]
[4][2][4v1,4]
Jeremiah channels the power of his crown into his body but lacks the control to properly distribute it, resulting in an all over but relatively minor increase of muscle. Regardless, he picks up his shot put and hucks it at Dev. It hits Dev right in the chest and boy does it hurt. Maybe it cracks a rib? Hard to tell. What it doesn't do is cannon ball straight through his sternum like Jeremiah probably wanted.

[5][3][3,3]
Dev, staggered back and holding his chest, points at the section of catwalk under Jeremiah's feet an jerks his hand to the side. The catwalk, which had been straight, suddenly takes on slight horseshoe like bend, so that Jeremiah is now standing on empty space. Jeremiah flails as he starts to fall, hands catching the edge of the catwalk for an instant but unable to keep hold. He falls the 20 or so feet down into the reactor pool and...immediately bobs back up, apparently unharmed.

Turns out falling into a reactor pool isn't deadly or even very harmful so long as you don't then swim 60 or so feet down and start rubbing yourself against the reactor head.

Still, he is now wet, which is a moral victory.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2019, 10:11:43 am »

"What's 60 feet to a master of space?"

Spacewarp things so that the deadly radiation has only a lethally short distance to travel to irradiate my opponent.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2019, 10:18:02 am »

Jeremiah swims towards his opponent menacingly. His bear-fur robe would take forever to dry, and this insolent cur would pay with his life. When he reaches his opponent (clambering out of the water when necessary), he stabs him with the sword.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:39:42 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2019, 11:16:47 am »

If it isn't too late to join:
Name: Landon
Strength: d6
Dexterity: d4
Endurance: d6
Will: d10
Potency: d6
Control: d8

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2019, 01:49:42 pm »

If it isn't too late to join:
Name: Landon
Strength: d6
Dexterity: d4
Endurance: d6
Will: d10
Potency: d6
Control: d8

Sadly for this you are too late. But its just a test anyways so its not gonna last long.

"What's 60 feet to a master of space?"

Spacewarp things so that the deadly radiation has only a lethally short distance to travel to irradiate my opponent.

Jeremiah swims towards his opponent menacingly. His bear-fur robe would take forever to dry, and this insolent cur would pay with his life. When he reaches his opponent (clambering out of the water when necessary), he stabs him with the sword.

[2][2]
[1][4,5][9]

Dev leans over the railing of the catwalk and points down at the pool before jerking his hand upward. The 60 foot pool suddenly becomes a 6 foot pool as the length between the top and bottom of the pool contorts impossibly.  However, the shallow pool lets Jeremiah make his movement to the ladder out of it quickly and in second he's climbed back up to catwalk level. Hard to tell how much radiation he's taken, but its clearly not enough to kill him outright or induce any instantaneous symptoms.

[7v5][4]
Jeremiah, looking something like a wet dog in that fur,  lashes out at Dev in a more traditional way by stabbing at him. The blow doesn't find any immediately vital areas but Dev's attempt to dodge back from it results in a deep stab to his thigh that hobbles him.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:52:36 pm by piecewise »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2019, 02:38:41 pm »

PTW
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2019, 07:31:17 pm »

Spaceshift.  Try to whack with adze from behind, as that's where I am, right?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:15:32 am by Devastator »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2019, 07:44:40 pm »

Jeremiah follows up his stab with a sweeping strike, aiming for the upper torso. He activates his crown's strength as he swings, hoping to augment his swinging power.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:42:49 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 11:12:35 am »

Spaceshift.  Try to whack with adze from behind, as that's where I am, right?

Jeremiah follows up his stab with a sweeping strike, aiming for the upper torso. He activates his crown's strength as he swings, hoping to augment his swinging power.

[8v6]
[5,5,2][3,6]
[2,6][6v4, 1]
Dev snaps his fingers and seems to vanish with a odd shimmer as he manipulates the physical space he occupies. He reappears behind Jeremiah and attempts to bring his Adze down on Jeremiah's head. Jeremiah, apparently anticipating the attack, dodges forwards away from the blow and immediately spins to face Dev with an attack of his own. Jeremiah's attempt to channel the power of his crown is lackluster at best, but  it doesn't much matter: he turns the momentum of his movement into a spinning slash that catches Dev right at neck level and cleaves straight through both arms and neck, chopping all three appendages off in a single blow.

Jeremiah secures the crown before it can roll off into the reactor.

Alright, Egan and NRDL are up next. Dev, where they fighting?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 11:49:45 am »

Urban back alley between brick buildings, 1970s New York style.  Lots of trash around, fire escape, garbage cans, neon sign, graffiti, etcetera.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 12:00:37 pm »

Oops I accidentally sent my action as a PM rather than posting it here. So clumsy!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2019, 06:58:39 pm »

Absorb the diamond to cover as much of my body as possible, apart from my joints, and charge tackle Mister President.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2019, 08:41:56 pm »

Oops I accidentally sent my action as a PM rather than posting it here. So clumsy!

Absorb the diamond to cover as much of my body as possible, apart from my joints, and charge tackle Mister President.

[1][1]
[1][1],[4][2]
[4][4]
The pres starts to do some sort of snarl or something but immediately bites his tongue and swears repeatedly as he accidentally swallows it. This is dangerous as another failure like that might end with him swallowing his own head.  Nix squeezes the diamond in his fist and patches of his flesh turn into glittering, cut diamond, including about half his head. Thus modified he sprints directly at the president and the two of them clash, hands interwoven, struggling to push the other back in a very anime-esque way.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2019, 08:45:19 pm »

Suplex this motherfucker, doesn't matter if I hit my head on the ground as well since it's made of diamond.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2019, 08:49:18 pm »

Suplex this motherfucker, doesn't matter if I hit my head on the ground as well since it's made of diamond.

Depends which part hits the ground
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9