Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: DOUBLEKING [Wrapping Up]  (Read 12897 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DOUBLEKING
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2019, 12:37:13 pm »

Spoiler: The DoubleQueen (click to show/hide)

Inter-Round Shenanigans, If Possible:
Find a grave, dig it up, use the corpse's skeleton as material to replace my normal skeleton. Exo-skeletons are nice, but it's good to have a backup skeleton.

...And I would like to add another corpse to my inventory, if I'm allowed. I'll drop the other items I have, if I need to.
Not right now friend. Maybe in future.

With my iron brass knuckles, punch this motherfucker's face into mulch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Utilizing the power of both the Crown of Gravity and the Crown of Feathers, summon forth a flock of Gravitonic Ravens, birds made from rippling and twisting gravitational forces. Command the flock to block the next attack from Nix.

Spoiler: Sunny (click to show/hide)
[2v2]
[8,3 v 6,6]
Sunny shakes herself out of it as Nix swings another blow down at her and raises her own hand to intercept. A stream of black-purple bird shapes erupts from her palm; none of the birds hold their form for more than a moment, fragmenting and vanishing only a couple of feet  from their origin, but the gravitonic force behind them is still overwhelming. Nix, caught in the stream, grinds to a halt and for a few moments he struggles against it, fist quivering with exertion as he tries to brute force his way through and into Sunny's non-face. Then, all at once, it overpowers him and he goes flying up and back, blown away. He flips mid air and lands against the far windows in a crouch, perched momentarily against the vertical glass wall. The glass cracks under his feet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2019, 02:40:55 pm »

With all my strength, leap at Sunny while transforming as much of my body into steel as possible. Crush em.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2019, 03:58:21 pm »

Summon a single large Gravitonic Raven and send it to directly at Nix.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »

With all my strength, leap at Sunny while transforming as much of my body into steel as possible. Crush em.

Summon a single large Gravitonic Raven and send it to directly at Nix.

[1v1]
[7, 1,3] [8,2]
[5][1]
Nix, his flesh reverting to normal meat...if not slightly more fragile...leaps off the wall towards Sunny. Sunny, in a panic and still not quite sober from the head trauma (Hand trauma?) unleashes an single massive gravitonic raven.  This creature, with a 10 foot wingspan and a body like shining anti-light, tears out from her extended hand  and flies forward heedless of the room around it. The ephemeral creature's gravity attempts  to drag everything in the room along with it as it smashes through the windows on the far wall and sails out into open air.  Nix, halfway between the wall and Sunny, catches the conference table in a bear hug and keeps a grip on it as the table reels back and wedges itself between the floor and ceiling. Sunny, with nothing to hold on to, is dragged off the ground and out the window, finding herself orbiting rapidly around the crow- along with two dozen office chairs and a mixture of random office supplies- above the dizzying height of a 38 floor drop. The crow gets about 30 feet from the building and begins to dissipate.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2019, 07:43:46 pm »

Wait. The building is about to explode any minute now. And I've already just got blown out of this Popsicle stand. All I have to do is wait it out like a bitch, and Nix wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Reduce the effect of gravity on me to zero-g as soon as the bird has dissipated, and then calmly float away from the office building.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2019, 07:51:33 pm »

I'd have summoned a giant bird to ride on.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »

I'd have summoned a giant bird to ride on.
That wasn’t the intent. It was intended to kill you. Nix is just taking advantage of what’s happened.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2019, 08:01:35 pm »

My birds have prove to be somewhat unreliable. Plus I probably need a much higher roll to make a bird large enough to fly on then making myself weightless. It would be rather embarrassing if I my winged stead turned out to be a pigeon.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2019, 11:33:13 pm »

Eat the building with my hunger crown.

Death or glory.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2019, 09:02:46 am »

Wait. The building is about to explode any minute now. And I've already just got blown out of this Popsicle stand. All I have to do is wait it out like a bitch, and Nix wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Reduce the effect of gravity on me to zero-g as soon as the bird has dissipated, and then calmly float away from the office building.

Eat the building with my hunger crown.

Death or glory.

[1v3]
[2,4][1,1] Welp.

Nix's plan doesn't work, he just takes a bite out of the table he's holding and thats about it. However Sunny's attempts are far worse and she ends up not only failing to float herself but actually propelling herself at high speed into the ground nearly 40 stories down. The results don't really require an end roll.

Nix gets both her crowns!

I believe we are now on the final match!

Killer Queen vs Nix!

Yotta, where is the final battle taking place?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2019, 09:43:10 am »

Fug.

The arena is massive flat plane that extends out infinitely to the horizon. The plane is divided into two expanses that are fulled with items and structures that relate to each of the crowns the Quad Kings are wearing. Nix's side is covered in jutting spikes made out of rare metals, animated slabs of meat that take the form of animals, trees filled with flocks of birds, and a number of gravitational anomalies. Killer Queen's side is fulled geysers that spew out random gases, the near skeletal remains of a variety of animals, massive melee weapons such as greatswords, axes, and clubs, and MC Esher style architecture.

Both Kings start off in thrones that resemble their crowns. A throne of pale yellow gas for Killer Queen, and a throne that swaps between several different material for Nix.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2019, 03:39:14 am »

Sprint with all my might at Killer Queen, tackle him.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2019, 08:15:58 am »

Chuckle lightly at the guy who is taking the time to sprint across fields and fields and through an M.C. Escher castle, JUST to tackle me.
While he's busy with that...

QUADRUPLE CROWN COMBO!
DON'T STOP ME NOW!

Crown of Suffocation: Create a local, concentrated bubble of oxygen around my head. This will cause hyperoxygenation and all the benefits that come with it.

Crown of Bones: Using the throne-room skeletons as material, replace my original skeleton, and reinforce my existing exoskeleton with more material, maybe make it spiky!

Crown of Strength: Boost overall power like a Super Saiyan, but focus on the legs. We are making a supersonic man out of me, after all...

Crown of Space: Use to enchant my feet so my every step goes twice it's natural distance.

The end result?
TWO HUNDRED DEGREES
THATS WHY THEY CALL ME MR FARENHEIT
IM TRAVELING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2019, 02:34:38 pm »

Chuckle lightly at the guy who is taking the time to sprint across fields and fields and through an M.C. Escher castle, JUST to tackle me.

QUADRUPLE CROWN COMBO!
DON'T STOP ME NOW!

Crown of Suffocation: Create a local, concentrated bubble of oxygen around my head. This will cause hyperoxygenation and all the benefits that come with it.

Crown of Bones: Using the throne-room skeletons as material, replace my original skeleton, and reinforce my existing exoskeleton with more material, maybe make it spiky!

Crown of Strength: Boost overall power like a Super Saiyan, but focus on the legs. We are making a supersonic man out of me, after all...

Crown of Space: Use to enchant my feet so my every step goes twice it's natural distance.

The end result?
TWO HUNDRED DEGREES
THATS WHY THEY CALL ME MR FARENHEIT
IM TRAVELING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
Sprint with all my might at Killer Queen, tackle him.

[5,3][2,1][1,1][3,4]

Nix takes off at a dead sprint towards Killer queen who I assume is a good distance away in the giant mix of stuff on his side.  Nix is halfway in, running up a set of upside down stairs, when he sees killer queen fly by more than 100 feet overhead.  Killer queen has a bubble of air around its head. Alright. Now the issue is that it also has no bones. At all. Its just a sack of wet red meat whipping through the air like a windsock. It would probably be screaming if it had ribs left to allow it to do so. All Nix can currently hear is a sound like donald duck having a seizure in a kiddie pool filled with jello. Killer Queen's legs are flapping wildly and with each flap it seems to jump cut or vanish for a fraction of a second before reappearing a good distance away. Killer queen is just teleporting randomly around, pinballing in all directions. It is a horrible sight to see and also very funny.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2019, 02:38:32 pm »

THIS IS WHY I BOTHERED WITH REINFORCING MY BONES
WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT
WHERE DID MY EXOSKELETON GO
OH GOD
OH NO

Take a moment as momentum keeps me as an impossible target and GROW SOME BONES DAMMIT
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9