Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battleground multiverse side X  (Read 3408 times)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Battleground multiverse side X
« on: June 13, 2019, 09:35:03 pm »

Name pending. Core thread:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=174106.0
Team comp:
Wins: 0
Losses: 0

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Battleground multiverse side X
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:45:11 pm »

Suggestions:
Simo Hayha
"Mad Jack" Churchill
Audie Murphy
Emperor Norton

If they need more power, try to imagine them as Servants from Fate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:57:39 pm »

Most of them would be PL 2, but this is why I say to specify the power level in the post.
Ex.
PL 3 “Mad Jack” Churchill for an accurate version
Or
Pl 5 “Mad Jack” Churchill for a higher power more folkloresh version.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »

Ah, ok. I'd kinda just skimmed the main page. :p

Though pretty much all of them would be PL 3, not 2. Other than Norton, but he's... different. Not a fighter, more a support.
I'll think more about this stuff tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:18:55 pm by Glass »

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 05:26:38 pm »

Suggestions:
Simo Hayha
"Mad Jack" Churchill
Audie Murphy
Emperor Norton

If they need more power, try to imagine them as Servants from Fate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
High quality. +1 to Simo Hayha and Emperor Norton. Can I suggest Huey Long, Every Man A King?
"Permission to fight has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory." -- The Quran, Sahih International 22:39.

“And when that day comes, I know you will move to the sound of the guns and do your duty, and you will fight, and you will win.” -- Mike Pence, to West Point graduates.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 05:38:13 pm »

Why? Not to put him down, but with the exception of Norton, the people I included were military men, and particularly renowned and deadly ones at that. What would make Huey Long a valid unit?

Also, I'd like to note Hayha, Churchill, and Murphy all at PL 3. Though, what would it take to get them XCOM equipment?

Also, how about Samuel Vimes and Carrot Ironfounderson from Discworld? Probably PL 4 or 5 for them, given Vimes with the Summoning and Guarding Dark, and Carrot with his whole King and ridiculous charisma stuff.

Not sure what to put Norton at. Given we'd have a maximum of 3 PL left if we assume 3 PL 3s and a pair of PL 4s, I'm not sure we shouldn't just have another really good solider.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:40:29 pm by Glass »

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:24 pm »

Why? Not to put him down, but with the exception of Norton, the people I included were military men, and particularly renowned and deadly ones at that. What would make Huey Long a valid unit?

Also, I'd like to note Hayha, Churchill, and Murphy all at PL 3. Though, what would it take to get them XCOM equipment?

Also, how about Samuel Vimes and Carrot Ironfounderson from Discworld? Probably PL 4 or 5 for them, given Vimes with the Summoning and Guarding Dark, and Carrot with his whole King and ridiculous charisma stuff.

Not sure what to put Norton at. Given we'd have a maximum of 3 PL left if we assume 3 PL 3s and a pair of PL 4s, I'm not sure we shouldn't just have another really good solider.
We're allowed to pick for meme value to some extent, and Long has somewhat of a cult following. We may be able to argue this into some sort of preternatural charisma. I'm not familiar enough with Discworld to make a judgement on Vimes and Ironfounderson, but I'm tempted to go with 5-6 PL Norton due to his eccentricity.
"Permission to fight has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory." -- The Quran, Sahih International 22:39.

“And when that day comes, I know you will move to the sound of the guns and do your duty, and you will fight, and you will win.” -- Mike Pence, to West Point graduates.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:23:53 pm »

Just a tip, Power level 5 is about where I would put a support character.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 06:24:07 pm »

We're allowed to pick for meme value to some extent, and Long has somewhat of a cult following. We may be able to argue this into some sort of preternatural charisma. I'm not familiar enough with Discworld to make a judgement on Vimes and Ironfounderson, but I'm tempted to go with 5-6 PL Norton due to his eccentricity.
If we're doing that kind of role then we're likely better off with just taking Norton (please see: "praying in the middle of a riot and actually stopping it, most of San Francisco respecting his claims as emperor, etc.).

Vimes is head of the Night Watch and has arrested entire armies and essentially-demonic entities (please see: the Summoning Dark. Just, go read Thud!.) And for Carrot, he's a natural leader, can get even the most anarchic people to follow his word, and is also really, really strong.

Though, maybe having a squad of 5 really good soldiers plus Norton at PL 5 might be our best bet.
And ninja'd on that.

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 07:55:06 am »

If we're doing that kind of role then we're likely better off with just taking Norton (please see: "praying in the middle of a riot and actually stopping it, most of San Francisco respecting his claims as emperor, etc.).

Vimes is head of the Night Watch and has arrested entire armies and essentially-demonic entities (please see: the Summoning Dark. Just, go read Thud!.) And for Carrot, he's a natural leader, can get even the most anarchic people to follow his word, and is also really, really strong.

Though, maybe having a squad of 5 really good soldiers plus Norton at PL 5 might be our best bet.
And ninja'd on that.
Alright, good points. I like the team composition so far, but it's extremely lawful: do you think that team Y could counter it?
Spoiler: off topic (click to show/hide)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 11:43:07 am »

The higher the level, the more abilities and powerful abilities the characters are. Ex:
PL 2 Phil Swift 
12 AC 22 HP 12 MP
8 AP Immunity to bleed, stun
Attacks
Boat saw: 2 range, 5 AP cost
+1 to hit
1d8+2 damage
Inflicts Bleed 3

Flex Seal: 2 square range 10 AP 3 MP
Cures Bleed

Melee: Bucket Stab 3 AP cost
1d6+4 damage
Inflicts Bleed

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 11:55:47 am »

Is this Your final team comp

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 12:38:16 pm »

No, sorry, just been busy recently. I'll try to find some other potential people.

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 04:00:29 pm »

I don't have anything better.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 10:35:38 pm »

Alright, here's a Cracked article with our three real guys plus two other awesome real-life soldiers. Let's do these five at 3 plus Norton at 5.

Part of why I'm specifically looking for real people is because I want to make sure that "human at peak capabilities" means something worthwhile.