Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Pokémon Succession Fortress of Redgem The Blue-Gem (OVERSEERS WANTED!)  (Read 24802 times)

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an Incineroar? Sweet! Probably my favourite out of the Gen 7 crowd. Shooting fireballs with a pelvic thrust, and that goofy grin whenever you groom them...

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

It's no problem! It's still a very good picture as always; I think the Chikorita is still alive if you'd like that still?

As for the grazing grass Pokemon, I'm not sure, the game is sending me conflicting messages; on the one hand, the grass Pokemon have the flashing 'hunger' symbol when not on grass, on the other hand, I've tried setting their pastures, but when I do the "grazing only" option, they don't show up. Not sure...

Also, Incineroar is a great choice.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course; with Dwarf Fortress, never assume anything is alive, even if you see it with your own eyes.
And I got what you meant initially! I was saying more that what you posted was very good like you said.
I'll get you your Nosepass, then!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, that looks really good. RIP Serperior, though...

Also, apologies about the delay for updates; things have been a bit downcast lately but I'm hoping to try to recover soon so I can finish this turn up! Hopefully I'll have it done within the next day or two!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st Moonstone, Early Winter

Starting off the winter with...

A wild Swinub appeared!

Go! Litten!

2nd Moonstone, Early Winter

About 4 pages of this later, and my Litten wins! Good job, Litte- OH GOD

OH GOD GET OFF ME GET OFF OF ME HELP

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME WHY CAN I NOT USE MY POKEBALLS

Okay, oh god, I think it's gone...

...COME BACK HERE MOTHERFUCKER I'M NOT DONE WITH YOUUUUU!

Okay, that time I wasn't even trying to get myself killed, come on.

3rd Moonstone, Early Winter

I passed by Paddywagon Man after repossessing the Miller. She looked confused.

"Wait, your body looks different... didn't you get killed by an Exploud?... Why did you repossess yourself as a girl?"

I just shrugged and said I looked pretty as a girl. Paddywagon Man, a fellow dwarf who probably was at one point male but turned female, simply nodded.

4th Moonstone, Early Winter

SHIT IT'S BACK

Well, Meng was putting up a good fight...

The Exploud scampers, but I don't even know if we can keep Meng safe...

...Considering now Meng and Opuntia are both injured, we really need someone to diagnose these two. I decide to volunteer to diagnose them, but I'm not confident in my other abilities... depending on how serious things are, I'll have to do something...

5th Moonstone, Early Winter

WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE US ALONE!?

For fuck's. Sake.

While Scourge lays there bleeding out while the Exploud runs away again for another stupid hit and run, I designate the cave to be walled off for now. We are not having this.

*sigh*

Thankfully, Meng manages to get redorfed. But jesus christ.

I see Artobselor in my sights, I'm gonna get him while I still can!

A brave Oshawott joins me in my endeavor.

...Somehow, I end up here, though.

Somehow I'm floating in open space. And able to move.

Weird.

What matters now is that we're now walled off and safe from Artobselor. Asshole.

11th Moonstone, Early Winter

Stone-related productions have halted due to walling off the cave, so I have our only two miners now mine what we can get. I decide to do this by making a proper carpentry stockpile for workshops, though I do it downstairs since the space upstairs is mostly clay. I did the same next to it, just for mason's workshops. I also connected them both to our furniture workshops.

15th Moonstone, Early Winter

As the miners dug, I gave a gasp at a glittering stone we found in the walls. I told them to immediately mine it out. When they did, I clutched the stone. It was so beautiful... so heartwarming. It was almost like... like I was with an old friend.

I missed them... I missed them so much.

9th Opal, Mid-Winter

Here's my final project for the winter; the Blanketed Ghost!

It's not as cool as my last library, but it'll do.

12th Opal, Mid-Winter

WHAT!?

I-I... B-But... H-How!?

...That's great. That's just great. First I lose my body, then I lose my body again, then my Venusaur dies by a goddamn Bergmite. This ruling has sucked.

And the damn things badly injured one of our two remaining miners. Great.

I need a drink.

14th Opal, Mid-Winter

To ease the pain, I've taken to watching Paddywagon Man's Incineroar make mince meat of the Bergmites.

What really annoys me is that I keep watching them go past my cage traps, weaving right through them as if they know they're there. Cheating bastards.

25th Opal, Mid-Winter

As I was focusing on my inebriation, MottledPetrel ran into me, yelling.

"F-F-F-F-"

I sighed and put down my drink.

"Please tell me there's some good news."

MottledPetrel finally blurted it out.

"FIRE!"

I slam my face into the desk I was drinking at and get another gallon of beer.

My Litten fucking snapped. It only took a Reuniclus throwing a Psychic at her, but she snapped.

Lovely.

See what you've caused, you crazy little shit!? SEE WHAT YOU'VE CAUSED!?

And the Reuniclus flew away, of course. It didn't even care.

27th Opal, Mid-Winter

"Please don't tell me it breached the walls somehow."

"Uh..."

"God damn it. Just... Just get the Grass-types out of there."

"LIFE OR DEATH, BUILD BUILD BUILD!"

We thankfully wall ourselves inside.

It doesn't save me from the "Something has collapsed on the surface!" spam.

9th Obsidian, Late Winter

We're finally able to tear down the damn wall.

Somehow, my crazy Litten is still alive. I just sigh and take her back in.

Spring

I sigh as I finish the rest of my barrel of beer. I'm finally done with overseeing... at least, for now. Who knows when the fortress will need me again... maybe it'll require someone to oversee. Maybe... but for now, I heard Paddywagon Man was willing to take the reigns. Whatever floats her boat... I'm tired and just need a break.

That turn was wild, but fun!

Some notes:
Stuff's still kind of a mess, I tried to fix most of it with the workshops but there might still need some organization done.
Dwarves are mostly idle and not doing anything, feel free to do new projects.
We need to pray for some medical dwarves because three of our dwarves are bedridden, I still feel badly for Opuntia spending most of the turn in bed...
Fire's mostly put out, and there's still trees around. I gave us a new woodcutter, so we should be getting wood soon.
My roof finished!

Good luck to Paddywagon Man!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Yeah, of course it can never be that easy.

I don't know what the hell happened, but in the middle of saving (it was autosaving, as you might notice from the last screenshot), my antivirus freaked out for no goddamn reason and killed Dwarf Fortress while it was in the middle of saving. Thank the fucking lord for autosaving, because it was saving the file to a new folder and not overwriting the old save, but I've tried to fix the savefile to the best of my ability, but... no dice. So... yeah, that whole post is rendered null and void and I have no idea what to do now. Thankfully again, it was just the Winter part that was lost, I still have the file starting from Winter, but... yeah.

I can go back to it, but... urgh. If I do, I'm probably going to not do as much with the dialogue, and try to replicate things the best I can, mostly listing just what happened. Fuck Bitdefender.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile

Whoever does the next turn, please dwarf me as someone atrociously useless. Watching creatures from kids' games brutally slaughter bearded alcocholic psychopaths tickles my funny bone, and if I get to have my head smashed in by an oddish or something like that, all the better.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what would you rather, Cole? Doing the winter again or having me pick up from your autosave?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Damn, i didn't even remembered i played pocketball. It's sure enough more entertaining to read it now than to play back then.  :P

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'll sit down, buck up and do the winter, I'll write out a summary of what happens differently and this time, I'll make sure to turn off my darned antivirus. That, or just save before the spring starts. I don't wanna give up now, so hopefully I can manage to recreate what happened to the best of my ability! That, and I can dorf SQman as well. I shall try to do so tonight!

Also hey there MCreeper, I still remember killing you and turning you into an artifact for your less than pleasant antics in Pocketball. :p

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember locking you in the caverns for a few months by accident!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Things that went differently from the update (otherwise everything is identical)
-Dorfed SQman as an Animal Trainer (a novice level Animal Trainer at that, hope that's sufficiently useless as you try to tame a wild Oddish and get a lethal dose of Sleep Powder)
-Meng survived the Exploud attack, albeit with injuries (specifically the mangling of a right hand and wrist) (and I didn't even have to engage it) and we got to wall it out, yay! (There was a brief incident where Paddywagon Man got walled out, but we got her back in safely)
-Just an everyday Hydreigon attack.

Not sure how it died, but it did die. Might have bled out or something. But hey, we took out a goddamn Hydreigon; that's metal as hell. Sadly, the second of our three miners got injured, so that's a problem in terms of mining.
-I went outside, and I ACTUALLY KNEW HOW TO USE THE POKEBALLS!

...Not sure if it's supposed to be that painful. But who cares!? Gotcha, Abra was-

Er... Brutally murdered.
-I brought a bunch of wood inside a stockpile so we could actually have wood in case a Litten burned down a forest.
-My Venusaur didn't die!
-The forest didn't get set on fire by my Litten!
-I didn't die! And I'm still a pretty lady.

And in the end... I couldn't believe it. I had forgotten to turn off my antivirus and I forgot to save before the autosave kicked in...

...And my antivirus didn't close DF.

I don't know what happened. But honestly? That run went way better; we lost Petrel's Galvantula unfortunately, but we saved many more lives in the process!

Save file will now be transported to Paddywagon Man! Good luck!

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty metal for the first year, indeed. It might take me a couple days to get an update out but I can't tell you how happy I am to be doing this again! You guys are all great.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, I'm a lot more busy right now than normal. Does somebody else want to take my turn, and I'll take my turn later? If nobody does I'll still do it now but it'll be pretty slow, sorry.

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so meng I said patting him on the shoulder sorry you've been snickers " disarmed" during the last battle you were in you.....snickers again.....need hehehehe a "hand" rotfl
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9