Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Pokémon Succession Fortress of Redgem The Blue-Gem (OVERSEERS WANTED!)  (Read 24819 times)

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile

from the looks of things, throwing zygarde at it would be a waste and may result in zygarde setting fire to our entire cavern wood supply. hopefully i can kill it before it contiminates the water supply

also here's something Fun: this is actually my second save

The first time Zygarde went training was when the humans came and one of the idiots stabbed it. Zygarde proceeded to murder almost the entire fort except me, two speardwarves (me and one of the dwarves were fighting it, the other took his sweet time getting equipent), a planter, one of the visitors and the butcher (who dragged zygarde to the shop and turned em into steaks) in the process most of the top half of the fort was burnt down
even got screenshots of the start of it, but sadly my laptop overheated and crashed (tbh its hottest day on record in the uk, so i shouldnt have been surprised)
MVP award goes to a child though who punched zygarde hard enough to sever a chunk of its tail
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was confused about the whole hottest day thing, but I googled it and apparently, most of the U.K has no air conditioning.... so that sucks

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3rd of malachite

That weird thing was deceptively fast, I barely ordered everybody to the emergency burrow (its the temple/residential area with lockable doors) when it reached the fishing chamber

Damn thing toppled our fishery! Oh well it did trounce an eelektrik that got too close on the way.

I dashed down to try and save one of our best metalworkers, a lass by the name of Kib
When I got to the bottom well...
One of the recruits, a dwarf by the name of Onul oilcrypts decided to take this thing on in a fist fight instead of going to pick up his equipment...and was winning.

I couldn't help but laugh as I swung again and finished it off. Apparently its name translated as "drunkenpulps" The irony was not lost on me

That lad's getting a statue for that valiant effort. Though he will need to move swiftly should commander opuntia catch him without his combat gear on again.
A pity there wasn't anything to bring back for Professor Cole to study or for Paddy to make a trophy out of. All that remains is a bit of snow which some dwarf came and wiped up.

11th of Malachite
We have been having a little bit of a bergmite problem recently.
Ezum, our legendary engraver, 2 farmers and meng were all attacked while transporting goods from the depot

Even Zygarde got attacked at one point

Fortunately however Zygarde instead took the bergmite outside onto the roof of its home and pulverised it before willingly returning to the pasture
It then got chained up when the humans were leaving. Interesting to note though, the chain was put in and it tried to flee immediately after seeing it put in place but fortunately Shem bustfriend (that's literally her name) is apparently strong enough to drag Zygarde back to be tied up before it could cause any trouble

Opuntia's braixen also evolved into a delphox

finally some migrants arrived

22nd of Galena
Its been a rather busy month. I had the communal dorms expanded and a couple of statues placed inside of our workers doing what they do best.
I began construction of a new dining room for everybody to eat in, a new stockpile for our goods and mechanisms. Finally a pond dug for the hospital to store clean water inside. I heard Paddy angrily muttering it was about time, poor girl is still suffering from that infection last year and still crawling around half the time.
I still haven't worked out plans for the pumping for the waterfall dining room but at least the room is being dug out

Everything's been quiet but busy apart from the marksdwarves complaining they have equipment mismatches. Of course they do, which idiot thought they could wield a crossbow and a shield?? more importantly, how are they to get crossbows without a bowyers workshop?

Nothing else much to rep...what's that shouting?

Uhh...scourge, put that axe down before you hurt someone!
*sighs* Scourge has gone out of my sight but at least the guard is following. Later Kol came into my office and informed me of what had transpired in this report
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He also mentioned that there was 7 disorderly conduct violations in the following categories:

3 counts of assaulting an innocent dwarf
1 count of assault against a fortress guest (A human lasher by the name of Rinih Cademori who thankfully was uninjured)
1 count of assault against a member of the military
1 charge of injuring a working pokemon (a Marshtomp that's now got an injured tail)
and finally 1 count of resisting arrest

Added together it came to 102 days in prison.
Later Kol came by my office after the interview and he told me that Scourge...was not really in the right state of mind form those that knew him.
Scourge had apparently had multiple arguments that day and on top of that hadn't seen his friends or family in months and years respectively. He also felt frustrated at being unable to pray which i found to be utter trubbish given one of my first orders was to pave the temple. Finally those who worked with him most frequently all said that he was never the slightest bit cheerful about anything as far as they can remember.

I told Kol to put him in the cell with the gem encrusted rope, hopefully that will cool him off in prison a little.
Kol also mentioned that the reason he attacked the human that was visiting, was because he was adamant he was a spy for the goblins, saw him there, and decided to make an example.

It seemed off that Scourge would mention such a thing but it seemed too specific to ignore since everybody else was just a general anger issue. I told Kol to investigate it in the morning.

23rd of Galena
Well...it turns out that Scourge was right on the money.

OOC: I kid you not scourge, that is the details on your dwarf in the therapist viewer. In addition apparently you saw something rot away and got annoyed by it a year ago and that's still angering you
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:36:04 pm by recon1o6 »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That does sound like me, especially the part about being angered by something rotting a year later

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

Well, Alligator didn't provide me any useful information... I think we can officially call it "the world's worst Pseudo-Legendary in existence," any complaints? Sure as hell was no Badger.

Also, MAN THE FORTRESS! LEAVE NO STINKING GOBLINS ALIVE!

mounts atop Venusaur, wielding shield with Redgem the Blue-Gem's logo except it's only the Mimikyu in one hand, and a book in the other

FOR REDGEM THE BLUE-GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM!!

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

24th of Galena

Um...is that it goblins?

I know you brought one goblin with a golden bow that was beaten up by a bergmite but still, no archers? That makes things easier
I ordered some cage traps to be installed and for the Lands of Groudon to marshall at the atom smasher. Anybody in the ranged squad with a crossbow to come too

Commander Opuntia's delphox conjured us a smoke screen. Me, the commander, Ilral, Onol and Etur went out along with some pokemon

The goblins were well armed, silver and gold bludgeoning equipment and decent iron for the rest. I even saw one of them wielding a 2 handed sword twice the size of itself

Things didn't get off to the best start

I did notice during the battle where the goblin archers were though- being burnt to death by Cole's Torracat which had gone out for a walk until

YOU GREEN BELLIED BASTARDS! I'LL CUT YOUR FLESH INTO STEAKS AND FEED THEM TO MY ZORUAS! THEN MAKE A MONUMENT OUT OF YOUR BONES! RRRAARRRKKK!

Commander Opuntia was doing pretty well, using his tower shield as opposed to his crutch and it shows

I mean the only reason he doesnt have a pegleg full of booze is because he doesnt know what alcohol to put in (Opuntia is missing a foot)

I don't remember how long I was fighting but I did hear the commander's whistle to regroup. Rainbow and Mezbuth caught up to me as I was chasing down another swordsgoblin and pulverising it. Both of them were utterly terrified

The commander ordered us to go to the hill to the northeast and search for stragglers.

We found them and exectuted them brutally. Also it seems Cole's Torrcat did quite the number on them with that fire
Turns out a human axeman was visiting and helped us pincer the remaining goblins. good man's getting a free room for tonight

13th of Limestone

We're finally starting to make progress with the cleanup after the siege. I was informed that human Scourge attacked was indeed a traitor and Kol executed him for spying.
Redgem lost 3 brave soldiers that day who have been interred in their tombs with full honours whatever that means.

Aside from a bit of tiredness me and Commander Opuntia got off without any wounds at all!
The commander managed to kill one goblin by a clean decapitation and badly injured several more.
Rainbowdashfanboi crushed one goblin's vile heart

as for me...erm...I hope I didn't let my illusion down during all this

The goblins have tons of loot on them. I overheard a dwarf on hauling duty express surprise at how little "Goblinite" was around but at least there was a lot of silver and gold. We can't use most of it plus anything that I touched was now a bloody crumpled pulp. When I arrived back inside I returned to my office. I ordered Paddy to make some goblin bone and leather decorations and shortly after Cole came in having announced that the Witch of Bands had been fully decoded and was proving incredibly useful and entertaining it equal parts and she was working on making a translated copy of it to share.

Finally I took a walk down to the new dining area and commended the miners on an excellent job. I ordered the first hall be used for food storage and the second to be the main cafeteria as soon as I worked out how to build the automated waterfall. I will sketch some diagrams later once the furniture is in place. There is also the main brewery and kitchen here.

OOC: In total there were 31 goblins that came, but a bunch of the archers just dropped dead as soon as they appeared on the map while the rest bar 2 got burnt by Cole's Torracat. I suspect that those that dropped dead were the ones killed in the IronSteal raid and as such it didn't register them being dead until they arrived since the same bug happens with monarchs occasionally. Honestly that was probably a good thing otherwise we'd likely have had to set Zygarde loose.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 10:36:26 am by recon1o6 »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YEAAAAH

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

That post was such a fucking wild ride to read, I loved it. SHINE ON, YOU CRAZY TORRACAT!

excitedly and happily parades Torracat around while getting face clawed+burned off

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

22nd of Limestone

I sorted through all the goblin stuff and designated everything that could be melted, to be melted with everything else dumped. I was quite curious though at something called a "beak dog leather trousers" I haven't any idea what that is made from and I didnt see anything that it could be made from at Ironsteal. I don't think it was in Professor Cole's pokedex either.

The dwarves apparently had one of their own caravans come to trade today. I had a load of useless goblin clothing sold to them and a few of our crafts and got some food, metal, booze and a dark type gem that I bought for myself.
Bit annoyed at Paddy though who thought it was more important to feed Scourge and then sleep instead of going to trade. I know she's plotting with him to take me out of office and probably get me killed but that can wait until afterwards. I ended up having to drag her out of her dining room personally to trade.
Sadly the dwarves from the mountainhomes had no pokemon worth freeing. Just some tynamo that weren't staying in the cages.

Oh, and during this one of the recruits deserted drills exclaiming he had a fantastic idea with bones. Its fortunate then we have a lot of goblin bone around. Looks like we might get a monument after all *sniggers*

Mayor Fath also ended his mandate banning export of bucklers and instead demanded we make 3 bucklers. He's adamant that the wooden shields most of the military have are ineffective due to being unwieldy and elven (wooden). While I would argue my shield was fine and the bloodstains on it being proof of that particularly since beating an elf with a wooden shield is funny, he is correct on it not being very dwarfy.
So, silver bucklers it is, lets see how they go...
right after we chop down some more trees and get charcoal up and running again. We've had a few trees sprouting recently just outside and the bitlumious coal vein I found in hematite was pitifully small.

In other news, I discovered this on the way to the barracks for drills and nobody had informed me or Cole! I dashed down to her to deliver the news personally

Sandstone
Little of note happened this month, mainly construction of the flooring in the new dining hall and the digging out of multiple exploratory shafts to see if there's any more coal down there. Or failing that some platinum or magma so we aren't running out of fuel constantly. While silver is good, a platinum mace would be fantastic. Its closer to my f- uh beard in colour anyway.

I also began rearranging some of the workshops so that they made better sense, like butchers, tanners, and fishery all next to each other, the craftsdwarf workshops out of the pokemon training room and the siege workshop demolished and placed nearer the stockpiles.
Finally the pond I had dug in the hospital was filled with CLEAN water and some more soap manufactured.

Timber
Its fitting I start this month by ordering 8 trees cut down after Zulgar kept shouting about needing logs. He started his construction on the 9th
Zulgar eventually came into my office on the 14th stating he had finished his creation

I'm a bit disappointed in that he didn't use goblin bone, but I was extremely angry that he used MY DARK GEM!
Needless to say I'm looking forward to our next sparring session

finally I began construction of the waterfall in the dining room. It should be a nice place to relax once its done. The machinery is being a bit of a headache but fortunately I studied dwarven mechanisms and how to build a water reactor. I'm a nerd Zoro-erm nerd dwarf!
things seem to be getting nice and peaceful for the last season of my first year as overseer. I've come a long way since being an above average grunt soldier. I've learned mechanisms, weaponsmithing, fought off a gobling siege, expanded the fortress's functions and tamed Zygarde somewhat.

FUCK

OOC: I will only have 2 more updates, the second siege, and the final month, then I will pass onto the next overseer. Had a blast today and finished off a lot of small projects i had going.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:52:36 am by recon1o6 »

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st of Moonstone

The goblins have arrived and are here in force. Even a couple of pokemon, a gengar and a strange species that they were riding that I couldn't name. I had some cage traps and stone fall traps set up earlier but that wont deter them for long.

Fortunately though, redgem the blue gem has a secret weapon and I sent one of our marksdwarves out to unchain it while the rest of us are assembling at the atomsmasher. The goblins noticed him and gave chase while I raised the drawbridge. Foolishly, they followed him thinking another way into the fortress was to be found on that snowed in building on the hill. Our marksdwarf arrived and did his job then headed wisely for the secret path to the trade depot

UNLEASH ZYGARDE!

AHAHAHAHHAA!! GO ZYGARDE! REND THEM LIMB FROM LIMB AND TEAR THEIR FLESH ASUNDER!

Zygarde was ripping them to pieces one by one, quite slowly and painfully I should add
that said, Zygarde stopped screwing around when I saw one goblin manage to nail Zygarde in the head with a crossbow shot despite all these injuries

Zygarde then stopped screwing around. I couldn’t see much of the battle due to the wall, the snow storm and the clouds of slade zygarde was throwing up, but its safe to say the goblins suffered Land’s Wrath

A few minutes of this and Zygarde went back into its home on the hill while the goblins fled in terror. We captured a goblin during the scuffle, sadly though none of those weird pokemon they were riding. We in the military didn't even need to go out and kill stragglers. Petrel had trained zygarde well.

19th of Moonstone
I personally visited Scourge today to see how he was getting on. He had remarkably changed since his incarceration having regretted starting those fistfights except against the human lasher. He told me that with nothing to do except eat, drink, sleep, meditate and admire the well designed furniture and restraints he's had a lot of time to think things over.
"Any regrets?" I asked.
"Many, but that lasher was not one of them. Next time I will tell Kol about it."
"What's the first thing you're going to do once your time is up?"
He thought for a few moments before responding.
"I think...I will do some reading. I've spent a long time thinking about what I've done and what got me so angry, now I want to think about my future."
I simply nodded

Then unlocked his restraints.
"Go then" I said with a smile. "The library awaits."

(ooc, he's gone from 16000 stress to -4000 and stopped thinking about that miasma as much and a goblin corpse)

3rd of Opal
Opuntia has apparently grown attached to his Avocado wood crutch. The doctors have talked about replacing it with a better one considering how many times he appeared to smack goblins with it. Now that I'm seeing this extremely undwarven display I moved the metal crutch to the top of the work orders immediately. The smiths apparently seem to content to be drinking instead of smithing until I shout at them so give me a minute...

Paddy also made her first masterwork carpentry piece today. A bed that I had installed in Opuntia's room now that its finally been walled and floored. I'm still deciding on her furniture but for now that should be ample compensation for her work.

When I saw Paddy or Padme as she's been referring to herself lately crawl her way back to her bedroom I decided to follow her.

"Paddywagon"
"Recon" came the reply. Blunt and with a mixture of well deserved disrespect and reluctant respect.
It took me a moment to admit this but admit I did.
"I feel that I may have slandered your reign a bit. I also found out what happened at GoldSilver and Pocketball. Including about your sister and your several deaths. I'm not clear on how you keep possessing dwarves, the only thing I'm an expert on with ghosts is slaying them with a big stick."

Paddy's eyes filled with anger when I mentioned GoldSilver then brimmed with tears when I mentioned Pocketball.

"What I'm saying is, I've been a bit harsh on you and I'm sorry.
I've ordered a pedestal and some swalot statues for your room. Any of them that's less than superior is getting dumped. What's going on the pedestal? A frogadier bone artifact sceptre fit for a queen since I doubt you'd want to be reminded of being possessed. You are also getting a new crutch. One of the doctors also mentioned your arm infection is gone. Just your hip one now and you can walk again.

I left the room then. I think its been a while since she smiled at me for something other than dead goblins.

18th of Opal
The pump housing has been designed and built by my hands and those of the hauliers who I haven't had to cut alcohol rations because they decided the pumping corridors were good shortcuts to get to the dining hall. I installed the artifact floodgate made during Paddy's reign, a lever to control said floodgate. All I need now is to fill everything with water.
Cole came up to me and asked if we had any more writing supplies for her research. She told me that she went through all the paper I bought from the mountainhomes in less than a week and she'd been spending the time trying to train that "troll" without success.

I checked the stock records and Arceus above how have we lasted this long with no renewable supply of papers.

We can't grow papyrus as its too cold
The kiln hasn't been fired for a while to make quicklime due to fuel shortages despite having tons of eelektrik skins that Paddy was gleefully cutting.
Finally, the third method of using cloth plants was being used in well...cloth and none of it set aside for our paper. No screw press either apparently.

We also had no scroll rollers or quires made to turn into scrolls, codices or books.

I sighed, apologised to Cole and placed down more work orders. Better to solve this in my reign while I have the chance.

-------------------------------------
Right, Question: whose the next turn after me and how do I hand over the save? Next update is the last of my reign

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aww, wholesome former dictator and infiltrating shapeshifter chats are always so heartwarming

And wow! That Zygarde really meant business, judging from those goblins. Thank Armok for that cage, considering I was the one that pissed it off so bad.

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As of 5 minutes ago, my turn is up, I have reached the 1st of Granite with no more incidents aside from a flood of job cancellations for reloading cages.

I'd like to think I've had a good turn so far as Overseers go, its certainly been an entertaining year, better than the other two forts I'm running atm
(the other dwarf one, Oiledleopard is having shortages everywhere because of lack of clothing, food alcohol and beds. I ended up accidently draining the river too... The second fort, Dumatison or "RoughPlan" featuring an experimental modded race I'm creating similar to dwarves but more warlike is going extremely well)

I believe these are the most important achievements of my turn and as such had some of their stories engraved in my bedroom

1. Trained to an expert level and successfully unleashed Zygarde and packed it away again in its house on the hill
2. Shifted the food production, storage and dining area to be in one easy to access location complete with airlock doors for miasma and a waterfall
3. Successfully broke 2 sieges with minimal casualties
4. Cleared the Eelektrik out of the first few layers of the caverns over time and turned them into dinner
5. Turned the dorms area into a safe room and temple with some food, booze and using the artifact floodgate as a barrier (its invincible after all)

Before I post the final month.

Who am I passing the mantle of overseership to?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 07:03:46 am by recon1o6 »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think anybody's volunteered yet.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was a great year for sure!

We don't have a next overseer... who's willing to take up the mantle, then?

(If no one comes forth in a few days, I'll be willing to take a second turn if necessary!)

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try PMing people who've been watching, like Mottled Petrel and SQman, or people from the old forts like Beirus

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile

I'll take this turn, but keep in mind I've never played the pokemans mod. I'll try not to cause any needless eel-related disasters, though I can't promise anything.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9