Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Princes of Theodoro: An Alternate History Game (Turn 7)  (Read 3246 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Princes of Theodoro: An Alternate History Game (Turn 6)
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2019, 04:49:19 pm »

"Hardly. The land that I've been proposing we give Trebizond, what the Genoans call 'Matrega' was seized from them barely a few decades ago. I believe that not returning it would do far more to hurt our standing than what prestige we'd gain taking it ourselves.", Isaac says, holding his ever-present map at arm's length. "Of course, there's also that those said lands aren't actually on the peninsula, but that would be semantics."

Avanti!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2019, 04:52:21 pm »

Resolution 1
A - (1) MonkeyMarkMario
B - (X)
C - (1) Ghazkull

To join them now at Vosporo, would only grant us a secondary place at the peace table. To defeat the Genovese fleet in detail, now that, that would be a full and total Victory. The Genoese are off-balance and flail to recover, if an enemy is off-balance - hit harder.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2019, 09:19:05 pm »

OOC:

Hey There,

I wanted to pause for a moment to introduce a few things--as I will occasionally do throughout the campaign--and talk about some other housekeeping stuff.

1.) Speeches. As you probably already know the legacy of Rome (and the earlier Greek empires for that matter) is particularly well preserved in their command of oratory. I mentioned this briefly at the start of the game, but wanted to re-introduce the concept that if you suspect or notice a resolution in deadlock or not going your way, you can be granted a bonus vote by writing a compelling speech. While it's true that many a great empire has been undone by political gridlock, I do also want to put as much power in the hands of you guys, the players, as possible--and this would hopefully be a way to resolve otherwise failing resolutions. Let me know if this is something you're interested in, otherwise we can totally officially just say, "No, the votes are the votes and that's it!"

TL;DR let me know if you want compellingly written speeches to add an additional +1 to the vote tally.

2.) Genealogy. AT SOME POINT, probably as a reward for making it past your first characters, I'm going to put together a fictitious family tree of the Theodoran Princes. It'll be up to you guys to ultimately decide how you're related to the OG, Prince Theodahad, but I figure it'd be a fun world building activity.

3.) For anyone who might be following this, I encourage you to jump in! We need more votes and you don't have to RP if you don't want to! (RPing will be rewarded, but no one will ever be punished for NOT RPing) Also, we're in the middle of a war and there will most definitely be lots to decide AFTER it's over, so this might be a particularly fun time to join the Heirs of Theodahad!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2019, 02:46:49 pm »

Yes please, compelling speeches gaining boni would be awesome.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2019, 03:03:07 pm »

Resolution 1
A - (1) MonkeyMarkMario
B - (X)
C - (2) Ghazkull, D7
"Indeed."

Avanti!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Princes of Theodoro: An Alternate History Game (Turn 5)
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2019, 04:33:31 pm »

OOC: I was literally about to post the update before you voted. Nice gridlock breaking dude.

Turn 7: Summer 1303
1st Gothic-Genovese War

Previous Resolutions:
-- (Success) A bold strategy to break the Genovese blockade is put into effect.

Foreign News:
-- The 5000 Genovese mercenaries are still tied down in Genoa.

-- War continues to rage across the remains of the Byzantine Empire, who win a stunning victory in Western Anatolia--some semblance of peace has returned to Greece.

Local News:
-- This is year one (1) of the Genovese prisoners' labor. There are a few escapes and suicides, but the bulk of the laborers seem content at least.

-- A new class of recruits is called up to active service, it is a smaller class, bringing Theodoro's manpower up to 11,000.

-- The main Trapezuntine army continues to lay siege to Vosporo. The first trebuchet is operational.

Winter 1302: The Black Sea Campaign
Starting Forces.
Theodoro: 11000 men -- Doros, 12 galleys -- Kalamita
Trebizond: 26000 men -- 1000 Doros, 5000 Cembalo, 5000 Theodosia, 15000 Vosporo, 37 galley -- Kalamita
Genoa: 10000 men -- 5000 Genoa, 5000 Vosporo, 100 ships -- Black Sea region

September
The Trapezuntine garrisons at Cembalo and Theodosia are moved inland to Kalamita and Funa, respectively. Genoa takes the bait and gathers approximately 40 ships to transport their armies at Genoa and Vosporo to Southern Gothia.

October 21st
The combined Theodoran-Trapezuntine fleet (49 ships) leaves harbor at noon. They face the remaining fleet of 57 Genovese ships.

The 2nd Battle of Kalamita.
12-1pm

Drifting South, the Trapezuntine wing wraps itself around the Genovese armada and engages them-- the Genovese hold their line of battle and the Theodoran wing stops short to lure them forward. 19 Genovese ships sink, 3 flee. 7 Trapezuntine ships sink.

1pm-2pm

The Genovese reply, shifting South to cover their broken flank. In the counterattack, 25 Genovese ships are sunk, 3 more flee, and 2 surrender. 5 Trapezuntine ships are sunk. 7 Theodoran ships are sunk.

2pm-Nightfall
With the bulk of their navy destroyed their retreating ships and one remaining squadron are chased down and surrender without fights. All in all, 11 ships are captured including the two during the battle. The trapezuntines take 6 and the Theodorans take 5. The plunder is split among the captains.

November
Having timed our feint perfectly, Vosporo is emptied of men and is garrisoned by the Trapezuntines.
OOC: This doesn't mean its theirs--theyre just staying there until later.

Both Genovese armies are redirected to Matrega--some 10,000 men.

Ending Forces.
Theodoro: 11000 men -- Doros, 10 galleys -- Kalamita
Trebizond: 26000 men -- 1000 Doros, 5000 Cembalo, 5000 Theodosia, 15000 Vosporo, 29 galleys -- Kalamita
Genoa: 10000 men -- Matrega, 43 ships (78 total) -- Black Sea region

Campaign Result: Success!
Our plan has paid off entirely. Though the seas are anything but safe, Genoa no longer has a navy capable of completing a full blockade of Kalamita, our main naval base, let alone the whole of Gothia. Their armies have been driven totally off the peninsula through cunning on our part and poor leadership on theirs. The combined Theodran-Trapezuntine fleet did take heavy losses, but the cost has been worth the reward--and there are no great naval powers in the Black Sea at this time.

Updates:

Factions:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Settlements:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Current Resolutions:

Resolution 1: A Matter of Peace.
Though we have not received any official communiques from Genoa, it is almost certain they are willing to capitulate to any terms now, especially now that we have weakened their fleet to a point of strategic concern. Should we take the right approach, we could walk away with everything we have desired for so long--and more.

A.) Begin peace negotiations. There is much to gain by ending this war quickly rather than taking more chances!

B.) Carpe Diem! Genoa is weaker than ever, we should complete our reconquest of former Imperial lands and take back the Taman Peninsula.

Resolution 2: The Cloaked Stranger.
While the Princes and Trapezuntine nobles are celebrating another landmark victory in the halls of Doros, a cloaked stranger pads quietly through the throne room. The glint of lamellar armor beneath his disguise and huge hunting falcon on his wrist marks him as a steppe nomad. He bows as low as he is able and speaks in a deep, surprisingly refined voice--the room goes silent. "I am an emissary of the Khan Toqta. My greetings to you..." He bows his head low once more, "and a gift from the Khan to you, this Falcon." A half drunken courtier politely allows the falcon onto his arm, stooping low to stare menacingly into his eyes. The stranger continues, "In return, the Khan asks only for an explanation of why you would allow your allies to pass through our land without the proper display of respect, and of course, the traditional tribute." Some of the Princes make vaguely diplomatic overtures, but the stranger simply bows low and backs quietly out of the room, where he disappears with a small retinue of burly, mustached bodyguards.

A.) Pay the tribute in Solkhat and make your apologies on the Trapezuntines behalf.

B.) Get the the Trapezuntines to cough up the money themselves.

C.) Do not pay and return the falcon as a message to the Khan.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Princes of Theodoro: An Alternate History Game (Turn 7)
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2019, 09:16:07 pm »

"Ah!" cries Papu from his corner. ""Bird! Bird bird!"" Papu hobbles forward, clutching an old cane of twisted olive wood for support. "Bird bird bird. Preeeety bird. What is your name, bird bird? No, I guess-- it is-- Aglaia! ...Despoina! ...Euphrosyne?" Papu's eyes glitter. "No... Artemis. There's your name, pretty bird bird. You are our little hunting-god, yes. Yes yes yes."

Papu turns, eyes twinkling. "Such a lovely bird, yes? We can give that man out there what he wants, yes? We'll have money a-plenty once we finish squishing them Gennervese!"

Quote from: Votebox
Resolution 1
A - (X)
B - (1) Superdorf

Resolution 2
A - (1) Superdorf
B - (X)
C - (X)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 09:40:00 pm »

"We should really need to start a peace process, we have more than what we could have hoped for. We have been too lucky. Also our allies pushed without our blessing, they should pay up."

Resolution 1
A - (1) MonkeyMarkMario
B - (1) Superdorf

Resolution 2
A - (1) Superdorf
B - (1) MonkeyMarkMario
C - (X)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2019, 10:01:44 pm »

Papu's chuckling. Again. "Hear that, Artemis? The nice man disagrees with us! You know what happens when we princey types disagree on stuff?" Papu leans in close to the falcon-- not too close, that thing's beak is sharp-- and stage-whispers: "Nothing happens! But don't worry... Papu has had an idea, you see." Papu nods to himself, eyes bright."Yes. Papu has had an idea! Papu will tell them... Papu will tell them that he is a silly old man, and that when the little voting jars are all filled up just the same... they should not listen to Papu!"

Papu stands up straight, cackling. "Yes! Do not listen to Papu! When the jars fill up just the same, take Papu's voting pebbles back out again! Yes! Yes!" Papu wheels suddenly, turning to face the assorted members of the Council. "Well? How about it, eh? Eh?"

New Resolution: Papu's Vote
Papu has declared himself willing to concede his own vote whenever one or more tied resolutions should need breaking. Will the Council accept this strange offer?

A.) Yea
B.) Nay

Resolution 1
A - (1) MonkeyMarkMario
B - (1) Superdorf

Resolution 2
A - (1) Superdorf
B - (1) MonkeyMarkMario
C - (X)

Resolution 3
A
- (X)
B - (X)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:48:16 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2019, 11:32:11 pm »

OOC: Truly Papu is the most selfless and princely of Princes! Long shall he be remembered in the annals of history!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2019, 09:55:25 am »

Isaac is looking perhaps just a bit pale today. Nevertheless, he speaks with confidence, "Do we know anything about what the Khan is like personally, or what could've been happening to anger him so, besides the obvious point of marching an army through his lands?"

Avanti!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2019, 03:34:22 pm »

Is this dead?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2019, 09:06:54 am »

I just found this game, it doesn’t look dead, turns take a while to complete and there is a tie that I can break

Edit: I’ve caught up now, and will vote

Resolution 1
A - (2) MonkeyMarkMario, Naturegirl1999
B - (1) Superdorf

Resolution 2
A - (1) Superdorf
B - (2) MonkeyMarkMario, Naturegirl1999
C - (X)

Resolution 3
A
- (1) Naturegirl1999