Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: Steam Official Announcement Thread (50.11 Edition!)  (Read 398112 times)

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Official Announcement Thread (0.47.05 Edition!)
« Reply #375 on: July 20, 2022, 05:23:56 pm »

The new tree art looks great!  I'm curious now as to how the fictional trees will look…

How do i use sigtext properly?

[HYBRID BEING]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 22, 2022, 12:01:51 pm »

Trees indeed look great, except maybe for vertical trunk tiles on lower levels:
Are those pointed cap tiles above them? They look kinda weird, hopefully they are still in progress.
Also, the way leaves tile is far from perfect (especially around big trunks), but since it's still WIP, i'll hold off on pinpointing those graphical artifacts.

Flinx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2022, 02:01:13 am »

I am so excited to see the progress every time I am on the forums.

As you may have noticed, English is not my first language. Will there be a way to highlight text from active windows, such as the Personality/Traits tab, and copy it with CTRL/C to paste it on a second monitor or ALT/Tab out to paste it into open browser window with running DeepL?

Or maybe even a button to copy text from the active window to the clipboard for easy copy and paste?

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2022, 11:39:57 am »

I just want to comment on the new Classic screens. It looks amazing and incredible. 9001% improvement. Thanks Toady.

kitfoxgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf Fortress Premium Publisher
    • View Profile
    • Kitfox Games Website
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2022, 09:56:11 am »

Steam Community Update 27 July 2022: Are You More Animal Than Man?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/3369273757573322168

Full text:

The mysterious animal people have come to your fortress to seek you out, some for amusement, others... for revenge! They come from the world's wild places in all shapes and sizes. Should you choose to open your taverns to outsiders they will seek you out. They could be coming for entertainment or work. Some might be adventurers seeking danger, others may be poets or scribes.

All of these images show new animal people sprites by Neoriceisgood.  There are almost 200 of these new sprites now.

You must remember where they come from. You must always watch yourself around wildlife. Even those recently domesticated are but one step from feral savagery. Respect for nature is the best defense against the animals' wild ways. The environment exists in a state of fragile balance, should the elves be believed. Destroying the animal peoples' habitat makes you their greatest natural enemy. Beware in the savage wilds lest you experience their wrath!

- Zach

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 27, 2022, 11:54:58 am »

Those are some very cool sprites!

I totally feel this girl though. That's exactly how I feel about snails too.
Love, scriver~

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2022, 07:49:42 pm »

The classic version has a really nice look to it.  And it's especially nice that it's possible to swap between it and premium on the fly  :)

kitfoxgames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kitfox Games Website
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2022, 11:29:28 am »

Steam Community Update 10 August 2022: Zach's Minecart Fort Tour

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/3369275026624077971

Full text:

Hello!

Alexandra here from Kitfox Games! Zach returns this week with a...video update?! Watch as he gives us a tour of his new fort, while showing off the new artwork and menus in action!

Watch video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqylhBXpvlk

Zach one half of a giant that needs to be thrown in the garbage. Following the minecart to the garbage into the underground layers, you will see the giant mushrooms, trees, monsters and flowers.

You can watch the full video on Youtube. We are happy to return to more video updates now that the art is nearing completion. Stay tuned for more soon!

-Alexandra and Bay 12 Games

Varjo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 16, 2022, 01:53:17 am »

Great video briefing and amazing art work! Cant wait publish date :)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2022, 02:14:07 pm »

Steam Community Update 10 August 2022: Peaceful Geckos and... Rainbow Troll Blood?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/975370/announcements/detail/3264567603401311874

Full text:

Peaceful Geckos and... Rainbow Troll Blood?
Hello!

Here's a quick update on some new artwork. There are lots of biomes you can embark on in Dwarf Fortress, and we have some new plants and terrain made by Carolyn to make the drier places come alive.

Here you can see the baby toe succulents and pebble plants in flower (and Neoriceisgood's leopard gecko people). These flowers only show up briefly once during the year.

We also have sandy deserts of various colors! This is a sure place to find material for glass making, though you'll have to work a little harder to put some fire in the glass furnace without trees for charcoal.

Now we'll take a look at some more environmental art, but we'll have to create it by giving these dwarven soldiers some friends to play with.

I've placed five trolls in the room!

Our trolls have cyan blood! There's also a touch of dwarven blood spatter here in red, but all the soldiers survived, along with some helpful citizens that jumped in with the dogs.

Here's a combat report, which you can get to by clicking on an alert over on the left side. We only have one troll corpse picture, even though the headlessness lines up in this case, ha ha.

- Tarn
Team Bug Fix!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2022, 03:40:51 pm »

I like the dead troll sprite, although it being decapitated by default does seem odd. Maybe with its throat cut but not dismembered, at least until they get sprites for dismemberment cases. Toady was talking about keeping the artists on after initial release to keep making sprites, maybe that's a project for them, to make various dismembered sprites and like layers for the animal people sprites (since they don't display anything but the creature currently)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2022, 02:26:44 am »

I like the dead troll sprite, although it being decapitated by default does seem odd. Maybe with its throat cut but not dismembered, at least until they get sprites for dismemberment cases. Toady was talking about keeping the artists on after initial release to keep making sprites, maybe that's a project for them, to make various dismembered sprites and like layers for the animal people sprites (since they don't display anything but the creature currently)

Personally im with you on this, but atleast a generalized, head off by default is a bit like saying intestines ripped out (which we already have mechanic sprite implementation for) artificially in a death sprite where detail is took everywhere else to be consistent but then slips up in this one thing. Whether that's raising the bar too far to say every head should dynamically roll off bodies, i don't know.

There aren't any sleeping/unconcious sprites, so a general deathsprite on this troll would be fine.

kitfoxgames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kitfox Games Website
« Reply #387 on: August 31, 2022, 11:00:13 am »

Steam Community Update 31 August 2022: Soundtrack Announcement

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/975370/view/3359143880271758164

Full text:

Hey there!

It's Alexandra from Kitfox Games with some very exciting news about the new Dwarf Fortress soundtrack. Watch the announcement video from Tarn and Zach on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/KgXQKqGhfIY

Dwarf Fortress Steam edition will have a 15 track soundtrack by Dabu and Simon Swerwer including tracks in the Dwarvish language! You might be familiar with Simon from his work on the SoundSense utility for the original Dwarf Fortress. We are so excited to be able to work with both Dabu and Simon to bring you this new soundtrack that will be available on Steam, Spotify, Bandcamp and more!

Dwarf Fortress at PAX West

[/url]

Tarn, Zach and I will be at PAX West in Seattle, Washington hosting a demo for Dwarf Fortress Steam edition. It will be taking place this Friday September 2nd at 4:00pm Pacific Time from the Horse Theatre.

This will be the first time you'll be able to see the game in action on stage! If you'll be at PAX West you won't want to miss this! If you can't make it to PAX, the panel will also be streamed live on https://www.twitch.tv/pax3 with a VOD available shortly after.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon!

- Alexandra + Bay 12 Games

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2022, 12:50:57 pm »

But it will also still include the classic right? :D
Love, scriver~

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 01, 2022, 01:19:53 am »

Best announcement ever.
At least best in this whole Steam graphical update arc thingy anyway. Simon Swerwer has been my soundtrack to Dwarf Fortress and a whole load of other games for years. Terrific news.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38