Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)  (Read 7972 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Nascent Minor Deity (SG)
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2019, 07:58:33 pm »

G
War has the chance of killing most of the people. Peace can allow for ideas to be spread nonviolently. Peace can allow them to work together to better their nations, or merge into one nation where everyone helps everyone

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2019, 08:30:24 pm »

G
Have him unify the nomads first and as He conquers we Show him the strength of unity.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2019, 08:48:40 pm »

Somewhere between F, G, and H. Mostly G because I’m personally a sucker for working out conflicts peaceably.
Let’s have plans for if either other option seems more workable, however.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2019, 09:34:50 pm »

I'm leaning toward A/B. I don't have any ideas on how to 'hook' the warlord in a meaningfully peaceful way. But this emperor guy, we can use a dream or vision to send him on an epic quest for some macguffin. Once he is successful – and I've not yet decided how much we ought to nudge his chances – he won't be an accidental, compromise ruler any longer; he'll be a god-chosen one. Do our best to make sure he picks up some oratorical skill of his own to inspire his side, and try to impress the importance of crop diversity. (E.g. "See this garden, it's great abundance, and the many plants that grow intertwined? It is not only among Capra that diversity, properly blended, strengthens the whole of the land, young king.")

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2019, 11:47:45 pm »

I have a quick question.

The description of these people we got said upper body of an osterat and lower body of a mountain goat.

Is this more a centaur or a satyr? I was thinking mountain goat centaurs, but your description of "mounted combat" makes me thing it might be the other.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2019, 11:52:48 pm »

G Let us inspire them to discover the strength in each other.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2019, 01:36:29 am »

G. Civilisation has its merits, and barbarianism has its merits. Let's see if we can make a fusion of the two, a species able to maintain ideas and culture while also being able to RENEW itself and not grow soft.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2019, 04:38:51 am »

G. Civilisation has its merits, and barbarianism has its merits. Let's see if we can make a fusion of the two, a species able to maintain ideas and culture while also being able to RENEW itself and not grow soft.
this...

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2019, 07:24:54 am »

"See this garden, it's great abundance, and the many plants that grow intertwined? It is not only among Capra that diversity, properly blended, strengthens the whole of the land, young king."
Nice comparison between crop diversity and cultural diversity.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2019, 08:48:17 am »

this...

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]