Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.  (Read 25559 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2019, 01:58:15 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to cut you off. But I don't think it's a problem to both assess the situation, it just means we both have access to a +1. Yours to finish things quick and maybe to deal with the biggest threat, mine to deal with the biggest threat and maybe protect whatever's in danger. The possibility of an overlap in the answers to our questions is a redundancy, but I don't think that level of inefficiency is going to be much of a problem in this case.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2019, 02:13:16 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to cut you off. But I don't think it's a problem to both assess the situation, it just means we both have access to a +1.
There is right now 1 team in the pool, and someone can spend that 1 team to give someone a +1 on their roll, but your character has to be doing something to help them. That second person does not get to roll.
Yours to finish things quick and maybe to deal with the biggest threat, mine to deal with the biggest threat and maybe protect whatever's in danger. The possibility of an overlap in the answers to our questions is a redundancy, but I don't think that level of inefficiency is going to be much of a problem in this case.
There is no possibility of an overlap. Sepiatone got a 9, Vestige a 6. Someone could use the team to raise that, respectively, to a 10 or a 7.
I think it'd make sense for Nahullad do it, since she has super senses, but any of you, even Samuel if he marks a condition. If no one helps Vestige, I make a move, and she marks potential.
Oh, and it doesn't have to be someone else being helpful, you can somehow act selfishly and shift Labels, so that you effectively get a plus one to that.

Hey, Vestige, what were you doing when you heard the screams? Please re-write your post a little to include this.
Are you wearing your body suit?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:06:33 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2019, 06:16:11 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to cut you off. But I don't think it's a problem to both assess the situation, it just means we both have access to a +1.
There is right now 1 team in the pool, and someone can spend that 1 team to give someone a +1 on their roll, but your character has to be doing something to help them. That second person does not get to roll.
I meant the conditional +1 granted by the assess action, not any modifier to the assess roll itself. I'm fine with the result of this die roll without modification – I'm not sure spending Team is necessary, although I suppose since it's very likely we'll soon use the "enter battle against a dangerous foe as a team" move we can probably afford it. Although that reminds me, we don't officially have a leader, do we? Sir Samuel seems the most leader-like in terms of how he's written so far.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »

Too bad he's too busy being high for now.

Eh, I'll post what happens right now then, if you don't think you need help.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2019, 11:04:19 am »

While we wait for Giglamesh, I’ll write the next Sancho Sepiatone improve thing.

When Sancho arrives, what does he see? What is Sepiatone's involvemnt in the incident?
Uh, man, I dunno. Perhaps he encounters Sepiatone in a physical altercation (that is, fighting directly) with a vagabond in a cheap costume. Beetle-themed, perhaps. I was gonna write it more in-fiction but I've already delayed it a bit so I'll avoid holding things up more.

Really? Two homeless people are causing this racket? Is everyone trying to be a superhero nowadays? Sancho seemed to be quite pissed that he had to get involved.

The two men briefly stopped fighting to look at the literal knight in shining armour. Sancho may not realized it, but his own getup was quite absurd for superhero standards. Like where’s the latex?

*clears throat*

”So good citizens, what seems to be the problem? If a can of beans is the centrepiece of your conflict, then fret not! There is plenty to go around. Halcyon is a wonderful city of wealth and opportunity!

“If you follow me, I can guide you to magical place filled with endless supplies of food and limitless variety. Yes good sirs, if you follow me around the corner to the supermarket, you will have all the cans you will ever need!”

Can you believe this guy? Speeches like those are what make we want to clobber those self-righteous bastards. What’s the real source of your conflict?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:10:22 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2019, 12:42:45 am »

Vestige, did you mark potential from your miss?

Nahullad, you got a seven.
You keep Vestige safe.
You either expose yourself to danger or escalate the situation.
Also choose one.
  • Add a team to the pool.
  • Take influence over Vestige.

I think is time for enter battle against a dangerous for as team.
Who should be the leader? Probably not Sancho, as he is in a bit of mushroom sambal right now.
What is your purpose in the fight?
Do you mistrust the leader or the team?
Do you think the team is ill-prepared or off-balance?

I'll want to post rhe results of both of these, but you'll all have an action after that.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2019, 06:40:33 pm »

Nahallud will both escalate the situation and take influence over Vestige.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2019, 06:45:18 pm »

You already have influence over Vestige, so you get to shift Vestige's labels.

I would appreciate it if you made a short snippet in the IC thread that explains why Vestige's labels change the way they do.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:49:27 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2019, 04:31:22 am »

Yeah, will do when I'm off work.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2019, 09:51:50 am »

I think is time for enter battle against a dangerous foe as a team.
Who should be the leader? Probably not Sancho, as he is in a bit of mushroom samba right now.
I am going to need the answers to each of these, not necessarily in the IC thread. When they are answered, I may or may not post a scene based on that, then either way you then each get an action again.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:33:24 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2019, 03:52:35 pm »

As I see it...

Nahullad should be the leader, since she seems to have things under control the most.
Our purpose is to contain the madness and stop this maniac before things get even more out of hand. Preferably with violence.
Vestige is uncertain about trusting the team, which I suppose means that she does not.
Well, mushroom samba, near-crushing - yeah, I'd say we're off-balance.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2019, 04:31:25 pm »

Nahallud is fine with being the leader.
Our purpose is to stop this bloke before he hurts more people.
Nahallud trusts the leader (obviously, as it is her) but is uncertain about the team.
And I would agree the team is off-balance, as distrust and narcotics seem to abound.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2019, 04:34:42 pm »

Sancho beleives Tree Guy should be the leader.
My purpose is to reason with the team and try to convince them (with words) to join Tree-guy in spreading happiness
I trust in Tree Guy completely
Team is WAYYY off balance. They just need to chill

PS: I have no idea how IC those answers are supposed to be. They just reflect Sancho's current mindset.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:11 am »

As this stands, you actually gain no Team. Nahullad, you can mark a condition to prevent, respectively, either
• If any team member mistrusts the
leader or the team, remove a Team.
or
• If your team is ill-prepared or off balance, remove a Team.
from happening, so there'll be two Team in the pool.
If you do so, please do so in IC. If you do, I actually think it'd make a lot of sense if you wrote the enter battle against a dangerous foe as a team. scene, since you're writing in-character about it anyway.
However, if you don't want to, I can write the scene, and you can just wrap up your condition into your next action.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2019, 01:53:13 pm »

Some delays on my end as the job I've got for the last week and the next three is taking up an unusually large amount of my time. There's just the "ready the team" scene that needs writing and then we each get our next action available, right?

While we wait for Giglamesh, I’ll write the next Sancho Sepiatone improve thing.

When Sancho arrives, what does he see? What is Sepiatone's involvemnt in the incident?
Uh, man, I dunno. Perhaps he encounters Sepiatone in a physical altercation (that is, fighting directly) with a vagabond in a cheap costume. Beetle-themed, perhaps. I was gonna write it more in-fiction but I've already delayed it a bit so I'll avoid holding things up more.

Really? Two homeless people are causing this racket? Is everyone trying to be a superhero nowadays? Sancho seemed to be quite pissed that he had to get involved.

The two men briefly stopped fighting to look at the literal knight in shining armour. Sancho may not realized it, but his own getup was quite absurd for superhero standards. Like where’s the latex?

*clears throat*

”So good citizens, what seems to be the problem? If a can of beans is the centrepiece of your conflict, then fret not! There is plenty to go around. Halcyon is a wonderful city of wealth and opportunity!

“If you follow me, I can guide you to magical place filled with endless supplies of food and limitless variety. Yes good sirs, if you follow me around the corner to the supermarket, you will have all the cans you will ever need!”

Can you believe this guy? Speeches like those are what make we want to clobber those self-righteous bastards. What’s the real source of your conflict?
Sepiatone only stops for a moment, before turning away. "Nothing to do with you." There's no point in addressing the assumptions of some rich kid anyway, he hasn't got the perspective to understand anything. This moment of distraction was enough for the beetle-themed villain to pull away, though, and he takes off, darting into an alley with a phone he yanked out of someone's grip down the street now apparent in his hand. Sepiatone takes off after him, eyes darkening as the color begins to fade from the alley and a something like a broken watch with long mannequin legs appears deeper between the buildings, but the beetle villain pushes past it.

Who should be the leader? Probably not Sancho, as he is in a bit of mushroom sambal right now.
Sepiatone is following his own orders only, and intends to pull the thing he saw enough into reality that it can be fought properly. He doesn't fully trust anyone, and considering everyone arrived separately it's hard to say that the team is well prepared.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10