Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.  (Read 25564 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2019, 04:03:58 pm »

Sepiatone only stops for a moment, before turning away. "Nothing to do with you." There's no point in addressing the assumptions of some rich kid anyway, he hasn't got the perspective to understand anything. This moment of distraction was enough for the beetle-themed villain to pull away, though, and he takes off, darting into an alley with a phone he yanked out of someone's grip down the street now apparent in his hand. Sepiatone takes off after him, eyes darkening as the color begins to fade from the alley and a something like a broken watch with long mannequin legs appears deeper between the buildings, but the beetle villain pushes past it.

"Stop foul villain! Beans are one thing, but a cell phone is valuable property!"
Sir Samuel the Second chases the villain as well, but freezes when he sees the monster in the alleyway. Sancho and beetleman don't seem to mind though.
"Wait, it's dangerous!"
But his pleas were ignored. Not wanting to be left behind, he steeled his courage and followed them into the alley.

The beetleman at this point had climbed a fire escape and entered one of the apartments. Sepiatone was trying to get through the door, but was having no luck. Clearly, this seemed like a problem for the heroic Sir Samuel.
"Allow me."
With a single augmented punch, the door was broken open and passage was once again possible. Sepiatone though, did not seem to appreciate the gesture.

Upon entering the dwelling, the first thing one noticed was the mess. It's like the person who lived here never heard of a garbage can, or any kind of storage really. Food seemed to be dropped wherever the person finished eating and the floor was covered with piles of dirty clothes. The stench could be compared to the inside of a sewer.

Suddenly, insect larva started to emerge from the rotten food. At first there were just a few, but more kept coming and soon the entire thing was covered. Everything seemed to shudder due to their grotesque writhing but thankfully it seemed to slow down until it finally stopped. And then then the newly formed cocoons hatched.

A multi-colored swarm of various beetles were now upon the heroes. Some flew, while others crawled along the ground, but either way there were too many to just punch your way through.

"You broke the door to my home! Now prepare to pay!"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2019, 08:50:38 pm »

Yes, Cruzador, just the scene needs writing, and then everone gets an action.
Since I have gotten nothing that suggests Nahullad will take a condition, and its been at least two days, I will write the scene and post.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2019, 09:21:36 am »

Uh, guys, you do know I posted the scene already, right?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2019, 06:09:01 pm »

Aye, this is just a slow paced group. :P
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2019, 06:21:48 pm »

Just checking.

For the future, and now, please mention which options you are choosing on which results, so I don't have to ask.

Doesn't matter in this case. You got a 5. Sepiatone, you want to help her roll?

Oh, and it doesn't matter as much in this case since it's one player possible only, but in the future I am going to use the poll to find out if none of you are going to help rolls, so I don't have to wait unnecessarily.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 06:31:20 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2019, 10:33:10 pm »

Doesn't matter in this case. You got a 5. Sepiatone, you want to help her roll?
That would use our only Team, right? Since she's attacking a target I'm not as concerned about, nah.

Aye, this is just a slow paced group. :P
Taking into account also the posts before the start of the game proper, it seems slow but steady. As long as that stays true, we're doing fine. But pikachu's occasional prodding to make sure we're all in the rhythm of the game is still probably wise to help it avoid fizzling in the early stages.

Sepiatone only stops for a moment, before turning away. "Nothing to do with you." There's no point in addressing the assumptions of some rich kid anyway, he hasn't got the perspective to understand anything. This moment of distraction was enough for the beetle-themed villain to pull away, though, and he takes off, darting into an alley with a phone he yanked out of someone's grip down the street now apparent in his hand. Sepiatone takes off after him, eyes darkening as the color begins to fade from the alley and a something like a broken watch with long mannequin legs appears deeper between the buildings, but the beetle villain pushes past it.

"Stop foul villain! Beans are one thing, but a cell phone is valuable property!"
Sir Samuel the Second chases the villain as well, but freezes when he sees the monster in the alleyway. Sancho and beetleman don't seem to mind though.
"Wait, it's dangerous!"
But his pleas were ignored. Not wanting to be left behind, he steeled his courage and followed them into the alley.

The beetleman at this point had climbed a fire escape and entered one of the apartments. Sepiatone was trying to get through the door, but was having no luck. Clearly, this seemed like a problem for the heroic Sir Samuel.
"Allow me."
With a single augmented punch, the door was broken open and passage was once again possible. Sepiatone though, did not seem to appreciate the gesture.

Upon entering the dwelling, the first thing one noticed was the mess. It's like the person who lived here never heard of a garbage can, or any kind of storage really. Food seemed to be dropped wherever the person finished eating and the floor was covered with piles of dirty clothes. The stench could be compared to the inside of a sewer.

Suddenly, insect larva started to emerge from the rotten food. At first there were just a few, but more kept coming and soon the entire thing was covered. Everything seemed to shudder due to their grotesque writhing but thankfully it seemed to slow down until it finally stopped. And then then the newly formed cocoons hatched.

A multi-colored swarm of various beetles were now upon the heroes. Some flew, while others crawled along the ground, but either way there were too many to just punch your way through.

"You broke the door to my home! Now prepare to pay!"
Sepiatone only shifts out of the way to avoid scattered debris as Sir Samuel breaks the door down. Seeing the scene inside, he steps further back, letting the idealist take point, as his eyes shifted to their duller hue again – though nothing else made it obvious that he was doing anything. It would take a keen eye to notice that the beetles were losing color, between their constant movement and relatively staid original hues.

Sepiatone smirks as he pulls back, stepping on one of the leading bugs as he does."Are you willing to get that shiny armor dirty?"

At the same time he casts his eyes side to side, looking for any sign of humans currently in this mess.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2019, 07:24:28 am »

Warning, I probably won't be able to post more until the 5th of August, IC or OOC. Sorry.
To keep the game going while I am gone, Cruxador and heydude6 can keep doing what they're doing; Nahullad and Vestige might want to have some kind of the-team-is-hanging out side-story. I think it'd be interesting if they went to the zoo, but it can be anything you want, I won't be here til the 5th.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2019, 11:00:40 am »

Sir Samuel, Happy Trees is 40 feet above where you are. I don't know if we claimed a range limit for your telekinesis, but you probably need to Unleash Powers to do so.
Please write your Freak and Mundane modifiers for that.
Also, he's already frightened, so... should that be able to stack in some way? No idea how it would work.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2019, 04:56:55 pm »

Sir Samuel rolled a 9.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2019, 08:21:05 pm »

Sorry that I didn't edit my post, I was sick today so I was hoping to do it when I felt a little better. As for the range limit, let's just say that Sancho needs to be able to see the target clearly and in sufficient detail in order to use his power. 40 ft above him would definitely count as too far away.

I'm still trying to think of a different course of action though. It will probably involve freeing Amy from underneath that tree. Or maybe I'll try knocking down the tree Happy Trees is on top of. I just need to find the time to sit down and write it. It sucks that you announced that roll to me though, but I guess you can reroll it once I post my edited action.

I'll double post once it's been sufficiently changed.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2019, 08:49:07 pm »

Edit complete

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2019, 01:44:48 pm »

Are you asking Nahullad to do an unleash your powers roll to get our from under the tree, or was that targetted at Vestige?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2019, 02:30:09 pm »

Are you asking Nahullad to do an unleash your powers roll to get our from under the tree, or was that targetted at Vestige?
You can do it next turn, or Vestige. Or anyone.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2019, 05:44:14 pm »

Sir Samuel rolled a five. The only one who can help him is Sepiatone. I understand that your job will probably prevent you from being able to create an in-character reasoning on short notice, so I'll be happy to let you just post how you help destructively, criminally or rule-breakingly, perhaps by weakening the tree with one of your fields,  and I'll write what exactly happens for you.
I hope the time you've already gotten has allowed you to write your regular action, which is the only one left in the turn.
If you will not help using Team, please write no in the poll.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 05:46:31 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2019, 11:19:28 pm »

Sir Samuel rolled a five. The only one who can help him is Sepiatone. I understand that your job will probably prevent you from being able to create an in-character reasoning on short notice, so I'll be happy to let you just post how you help destructively, criminally or rule-breakingly, perhaps by weakening the tree with one of your fields,  and I'll write what exactly happens for you.
I hope the time you've already gotten has allowed you to write your regular action, which is the only one left in the turn.
If you will not help using Team, please write no in the poll.
Sorry for the delay and thanks for bearing with me, I've averaged above 11 hours a day this week and it's added up. On the plus side, only one more week of this before I have some time off and then on to a more normal schedule.

I've written something, anyway. Hopefully we don't regret already using the Team.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10