Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.  (Read 25587 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Insert Campaign Name Here! OOC Thread.
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2019, 06:19:39 pm »

I've just voted for Team Nocturne.

So my two relationships are:

Vestige comforted you when you were at your lowest.

For comforting, I think Vestige is the most fitting: both have their issues rooted in irresponsible science, both have it permanently present in their lives and have to deal with the consequences of other people's fear.

Sepiatone knew you before you changed.

Perhaps they knew each other before Sepiatone dropped out of school? They could bond over both having uncaring parental figures, I guess.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2019, 07:05:04 pm »

If I remember, Amy's parents were rich.
It is unlikely that you two met at school.
I think it makes sense that Amy's mom forced her to work in the homeless shelter, and they met there, after Sepiatone ran away.
But, its your story, it is what you want it to be.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2019, 12:53:19 am »

Vestige told Nahullad all about her doom and the danger she's in. It seems appropriate for much the same reasoning that Giglamesh noted above.

Vestige would love to kiss Sepiatone before her doom comes. Like I said before, his powers give it a nice dynamic.

I think it only makes sense that I give them Influence on me, too.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »

I was originally going to write something longer and more detailed, but it wasn't working out so I'm just going to make it short and sweet.

Relationships

You and [BLANK] teamed up a few times before the rest of you came together.
Incomplete

Your mentor is cautious; they asked you to keep an eye on Nahullad

After defeating the sorcerer that blasted him with that bolt, John needed to find Sancho and bring him back. In situations like these, Sancho is supposed to activate the SOS protocol in his communicator to allow his father to track him, but for some reason it wasn't activated this time.

It shouldn't be hard to understand why this freaked John out. He needed to find Sancho fast.

John combed the city hoping to find any clue of his son's whereabouts. Not wanting to waste any more time fighting, he would only briefly pass through an area before moving on. The city was in chaos though, and John still managed to see things that will likely stay in his memory forever. The most relevant here being Amy's beheading.

By this point John had already seen heroes fight against the monsters, hell even the villains were fighting. They've got families too you know. But this was the first time he was seeing one take on the monsters alone (besides himself of course). It's appearance radiated an unsettling form of confidence, but you could tell it was inexperienced just by watching it fight. Still, mindless monsters don't pay attention to obvious telegraphs so it seemed to be doing well in spite of the lack of technique.

It was not going to last. Another big monster like the kind that took Sancho, was approaching from an alleyway. There was no way they would be able to fight it on their own. John considered warning them, but then his communicator rang. Sancho had finally activated the SOS protocol. Overjoyed with the knowledge that is son wasn't dead just yet, he sped away straight for the marked location while forgetting about the strange figure he saw. He wasn't fast enough to avoid seeing the consequences of his inaction though. By the time Amy noticed the monster creeping up on her blind spot, it was too late to run.

John wondered what he should have done. Would the stranger have even listened to him? Though John did have his own problems to deal with, he still felt responsible somehow. It would have been easier for him if she was swallowed whole. As his horse skipped across the rooftops towards Sancho, John wondered if he should have helped some of the other people he passed along the way. Isn't that what knights were supposed to do? Was he supposed to sacrifice his son for the benefit of the realm?

You'd think finding out that Amy was alive would have cheered him up, but he only saw it as a living reminder of his own failures. Since the team was formed, he's had the misfortune of peering down that neck multiple times. Truthfully, he struggles to believe that the thing is what it says it is. You don't come back from losing your head like that. You just, don't. If you remove the brain, where is the soul supposed to be kept? Could a serum really move the soul?

Maybe it isn't so wise to think in terms of superstition, but we now know that magic is real. Perhaps we shouldn't ignore it.

Author's note. This ended up being larger than I expected. I took me 2 and a half hours to write. I still don't know what to do about the previous question, but I think this is enough for the time being. After re-reading Amy's backstory and finding out that she remained unconscious for the entire duration of the Cauldron attack, I think I want to rewrtie my "When the Team got together as Well". She wasn't present during the attack on the Cauldron's ritual site so there needs to be a different reason why she joined the team. I'm thinking we're some community run clean-up crew.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2019, 08:56:29 pm »

You call that 'short'? I was perfectly fine with you just saying "John wants me to keep an Nahullad, because she's monstrous". Thanks for making it long though.

Concerning Amy's backstory, I think we have to retcon her backstory so she was unconscious shorter/for only one battle of the day-long war.
Anything else would require more revision.
We could also say that there were two seperate Cauldron atacks, and Amy transformed on the first one, but that would require revision of your posts at minimum.

I really don't want it to be the case that Amy did not really participate with the team-making incident.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2019, 04:03:56 am »

Yeah, I'm completely fine with Nallahud waking up earlier. That works much smoother than having to finagle things to keep her unconscious.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2019, 03:55:01 pm »

The team's name is Twilight Force, unless someone want to change their vote, or scriver and Sirus are valid voters.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 04:02:35 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2019, 06:40:42 am »

Hey. It’s been a few days since anyone posted. What do we still need to do before we’re ready to start the game?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2019, 12:12:12 pm »

Everyone except Vestige needs to finish their Relationships and Influence.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2019, 01:39:14 pm »

Mine are mostly done and on the sheet, but my concern is that one of mine is having done something that was awesome (but of questionable legality) with somebody. I don't want to write someone into that relationship without confirming first.

So, uh, anyone up for awesome adventures in crime?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2019, 02:13:59 pm »

It wouldn't make sense for Sancho's character. His father watches him too closely to allow that to happen.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2019, 03:01:04 pm »

My sheet is complete.

Crux: Nahallud could be something together awesome of illegal, but I'm not sure what that might be.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2019, 10:52:31 am »

I imagine that Sepiatone did some awesome but illegal weapons testing on Nahullad. Maybe with a flamethrower?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:34:50 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2019, 05:06:32 pm »

I imagine that Sepiatone did some awesome but illegal weapons testing on Nahullad. Maybe with a flamethrower?
Where would we get a flamethrower though? Maybe if we're going that route, it would make more sense to make pipe bombs or even just molotovs.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2019, 06:21:01 pm »

Cauldron could have had a flamethrower for Arcane purposes. I forget if Sir Samuel's backstory said anything, but John could have had a flamethrower lying around to see if his armor is dragon-proof.

Also, when we first started the When the Team First Got Together, Cruxador suggested something like us playing out the Cauldron Incident.
Should that be what we first start playing, or should the first IC part be six months later?

Oh, and new poll to see who is finished with Relationships and Influence.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10