Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.  (Read 25595 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2019, 06:38:16 pm »

I support the idea of John Quixote creating a flamethrower.

I do not support the idea of playing out the cauldron incident. It’s a tad too high stakes to start off with. I think a good starting scenario might be a patrol in the haunts or maybe even a fight against a generic monster of the week super villain. It’ll give us an idea of how our group dynamic works.

My Character has no influence so that’s technically done. All that’s left for me is to answer the question of “Who did I team up with a few times before the team got together”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2019, 12:39:15 am »

I support the idea of John Quixote creating a flamethrower.
There we go then.

I do not support the idea of playing out the cauldron incident. It’s a tad too high stakes to start off with. I think a good starting scenario might be a patrol in the haunts or maybe even a fight against a generic monster of the week super villain. It’ll give us an idea of how our group dynamic works.
Standard patrol is a solid start, but I love me some in medias res.

My Character has no influence so that’s technically done. All that’s left for me is to answer the question of “Who did I team up with a few times before the team got together”
Sepiatone would have been interested in doing that, especially if it started out coincidental. A baddy in the same area, that kind of thing.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2019, 12:58:02 pm »

I'm just gonna have a bit of a monologue about the state of the Haunts; have a baddie show up there; and say "Thankfully, you are all relatively nearby. How do you hear of the incident, and what do you do?"
Then after the fight, and after news reporters or whomever show up, I was going to just start the first arc after that.
However, you make a point that we should have something to show how your group dynamic works.
What do you think I should do to let you do that, or do you think is sufficient?

Also, I think that when you're posting what you do, you should make the OOC stuff in your IC post transparent.
Like this:
I smash him over the head with a car, then while he's recovering I take his Thingamajig.
OOC: That's a Directly Engage a Threat, right? I roll a 6, with my Danger that's a 7. I choose to take something from them, his Thingamajig.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2019, 06:23:23 am »

May we spoiler the actions instead? Easier to read when you don't need to quote everything.

I'm also opposed to playing out the Cauldron attack. For one, we already know how it's all going to end. I'd prefer a start in the present, we already know how we met and have an idea of our dynamic.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2019, 09:23:06 am »

You know what? I think we waited long enough, and it looks like there isn't much left in character creation.
Here's the link to the IC thread.
Maybe only post if your character is complete, and I'll mostly wait until you have all posted.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2019, 04:57:25 pm »

Cruxador, while your IC post is cool, what is Sam going to do at the scene? Is he going to get there and then look over the situation a bit? Is he going to immediately try to set up a zone? Distract the villain? Or do you want him to arrive in a later post?

Also, just thought of/remembered it, should we post the individual instances of your PCs, whether in this thread, or the OC thread, so people reading it later will now how our characters were at the time?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 05:11:12 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2019, 10:00:22 pm »

Cruxador, while your IC post is cool, what is Sam going to do at the scene? Is he going to get there and then look over the situation a bit? Is he going to immediately try to set up a zone? Distract the villain? Or do you want him to arrive in a later post?
It's written as to arrive later; I used your suggestion of transparent text to say something to that effect. I was thinking set up a zone once someone else has distracted the villain.

Also, just thought of/remembered it, should we post the individual instances of your PCs, whether in this thread, or the OC thread, so people reading it later will now how our characters were at the time?
You mean copies of the sheet? I don't think it's worth the mild inconvenience, but I don't know how likely it is that anybody else will come through wanting to read this.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2019, 01:10:55 am »

You could just arrive there and do an Assess the situation while hiding in an alleyway, but you can wait until someone else arrives to arrive yourself.
--- second comment
I can see how doing that would be inconvenient.
Just thought I should ask the question before the characters change.
I'm fine either way.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2019, 04:26:24 pm »

Sorry for taking so long to post. My health was rather poor this week, so I didn't have the energy for a long-ass post. Thankfully this turned out to be easier than expected. I made my actual action transparent. I hope I'm using the colours properly.

Anyway, while we wait for the others to post, I think me and Cruxador should work on finishing our relationships together finally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thinks it's going to be a sort of improv thing, where we each take turns asking each other questions and filling in the details. I'll start:

It happened long ago on a Saturday evening...

For the first time ever, Sancho was patrolling alone. He and his dad always protected the city together, but unfortunately the old man had a case of the floravirus. Illness has never stopped him before, but then again, he's never tried to fight crime while physically rooted to soil. The doctor said he'd get better in a few days, but for now Sancho had to pull double duty.

While on patrol Sancho sees something in the distance and immediately drives his horse towards it.

When Sancho arrives, what does he see? What is Sepiatone's involvemnt in the incident?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2019, 04:47:45 pm »

Sir Samuel got a 9 on his Pierce the Mask roll. If anyone else would like to spend the team you get at the beginning of a session to raise that to a 10, post in the IC thread how you help his questioning, along with your own actions.

May we spoiler the actions instead? Easier to read when you don't need to quote everything.
You know you can just hit ctrl+a to select everything and make transparent text visible, right? If you still prefer spoilers I suppose we can do that instead.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:24:41 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2019, 05:26:50 pm »

The issue is mobile. Or at least IPhone. There’s no way to reveal transparent text there.

If you select it, you’ll just select what seems like empty space. Selection does not make transparent text visible.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:28:22 pm by heydude6 »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2019, 05:33:04 pm »

Okay then, all OOC in the IC thread should henceforth be in a
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
so IPhone users can still do it without quoting all posts.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 06:30:39 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2019, 03:46:57 am »

Sir Samuel got a 9 on his Pierce the Mask roll. If anyone else would like to spend the team you get at the beginning of a session to raise that to a 10, post in the IC thread how you help his questioning, along with your own actions.

You know you can just hit ctrl+a to select everything and make transparent text visible, right? If you still prefer spoilers I suppose we can do that instead.

I'm usually reading on mobile, where it is incredibly finicky and time-consuming to uncover invisitext. So please.

EDIT: Huh. I used to have an iPhone and it was like that, but my new phone does let you just paint and reveal with no trouble. Apologies. That said, let's take pity on iPhone readers and go with the spoilers.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:54:23 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2019, 01:29:57 pm »

I mean, if you're gonna buy from Apple, you presumably know one of the things you're choosing against is little software UI details like that. Not that I'm opposed to using spoilers.
Sorry for taking so long to post. My health was rather poor this week, so I didn't have the energy for a long-ass post. Thankfully this turned out to be easier than expected. I made my actual action transparent. I hope I'm using the colours properly.
I mean, you're not the slowest. And I'm sure we'll all be slow at various points. Lord knows my energy varies.

When Sancho arrives, what does he see? What is Sepiatone's involvemnt in the incident?
Uh, man, I dunno. Perhaps he encounters Sepiatone in a physical altercation (that is, fighting directly) with a vagabond in a cheap costume. Beetle-themed, perhaps. I was gonna write it more in-fiction but I've already delayed it a bit so I'll avoid holding things up more.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2019, 01:49:24 pm »

Well, shit, Cruxador posted at the same time with the same action. Oh well, I'm not gonna roll high enough for that second question anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10