Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Masks: a New Generation; Twilight Force OOC Thread.  (Read 25369 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Masks: a New Generation; Insert Campaign Name Here! OOC Thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2019, 05:53:07 pm »

Next question is for Elena:  We paid a high cost for victory. What was it?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2019, 03:49:57 am »

Hm. How about this?

IC: Cauldron's attack seemed senseless and indiscriminate, but there would prove to be a method to their madness. The cabal sought to harness the power of fear, using the terror generated by their rampaging monsters to fuel their dark rituals. When we went after Cauldron's base, we interrupted these rituals at a critical moment. Even though we thwarted their plot and sent them packing, the uncontrolled dark energy we released in the process hit the surrounding neighborhood instead. The whole area became twisted and cursed, with buildings warping and people changing from the influx of chaotic fear energy. The changes could never be completely reversed, and the area - once known as Jackston, now often referred to as the Haunts - remains a dangerous, strange place to be. Dark magic and creatures left over from the attack still torment the inhabitants, many who were changed themselves by the magic. At night, it's said that living nightmares stalk the streets, feeding on the fears that spawned them...

We couldn't have known what would happen, but we haven't forgotten the cost of our carelessness. It was our first victory together, and it carried a high price.

OOC: I'm thinking we might feel kinda responsible for the Haunts and often patrol there? Perhaps some of us knew people there, making it even more personal? It's more motivation to go after Cauldron, in any case.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2019, 07:06:16 am »

I'm sorry, I just sent this message to pikachu but I wanted the rest of you to know as well, so I'm copying it for you.

I'm sorry for being a bother, but I don't think I will be able to participate. I'm not in a good space in real life and I know that when I'm like this I will cease to post as soon as the actual game starts.

I apologise.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2019, 08:46:54 am »

No need to apologize. You made the right call. I'd think we've all been there sometimes. You just take care of you.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2019, 12:29:12 pm »

So, should we go forward with four players?
If not, I could just ask Sirus if he wants to play Yellow Jacket Boy instead.

Amy: We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:31:57 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2019, 01:08:38 pm »

The whole area became twisted and cursed, with buildings warping and people changing from the influx of chaotic fear energy. The changes could never be completely reversed, and the area - once known as Jackston, now often referred to as the Haunts - remains a dangerous, strange place to be. Dark magic and creatures left over from the attack still torment the inhabitants, many who were changed themselves by the magic. At night, it's said that living nightmares stalk the streets, feeding on the fears that spawned them...
That's some cool worldbuilding, honestly. Maybe we can even have our base there. It relates well to your and my powers thematically and seems directly tied to what went wrong with Nahullad. Plus, if Sir Samuel was already in that area before things happened, it helps explain why we're together despite him being in rather a different social class from the rest of us.

I'm sorry, I just sent this message to pikachu but I wanted the rest of you to know as well, so I'm copying it for you.

I'm sorry for being a bother, but I don't think I will be able to participate. I'm not in a good space in real life and I know that when I'm like this I will cease to post as soon as the actual game starts.

I apologise.
It's a bummer, but good on you for recognizing the situation and making the choice. Hopefully things get sorted out without too much hardship; good luck with whatever you've got going on.

I think we've got four. Sirus' reason didn't relate to the number of players, and I doubt he would happen to want a character someone else designed, considering he didn't want a different form of the one he had.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:18:33 pm by Cruxador »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2019, 01:18:32 pm »

I think we've got four. Sirus' reason didn't relate to the number of players, and I doubt he would happen to want a character someone else designed, considering he didn't want a different form of the one he had.
Uh, I think his reason might have been him wanting to not design an additional character, nor keep an off-topic one.
But, I suppose he might not want to play such a character at all.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2019, 01:29:10 pm »

Uh, I think his reason might have been him wanting to not design an additional character, nor keep an off-topic one.
But, I suppose he might not want to play such a character at all.
Well that's not the impression I got, but I suppose there's no harm in offering.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »

Additional questions:
 Amy, your first Who were you before? paragraph is still missing an end.
Is there a reason your neck degrades objects placed on your neck other than "Powers, so there!"?
Also please finish the questions already there.
My sheet is done, minus the relations.

IC the reason the neck degrades items based on it is because it's trying to reconnect to her head, but the other items aren't strong enough to bear it and disintegrate. If, somehow, her head was to be found and put back on her neck, she might have a head again permanently! That'd be an endgame sort of thing, however.

OOC I wanted her to have that constant inconvience as a mark of her loss, and the idea was funny of her having to find or carry items around to use as a head.
The heads of dullahans in myth were rotten and swollen, and it's also partially a reference to that.
When our team first came together...
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?

The heliokinetic hero Illuminator had long been a ally of justice and order, having close ties to Aegis. When we took out Cauldron's base and turned Jackston into the Haunts - through knowledge gained by underhanded means, disregarding the orders of Aegis - he concluded that we were misguided and reckless at best - and at worst young villains in the making, hiding behind a mask of young heroism. He saw the warping of Jackston into a shadowy place as a direct counter towards his own powers, and just the first step in a nefarious plan.

Now, he uses his connections with Aegis to interfere with us as much as possible, and tries to convince other heroes of the threat we pose. While he hasn't fought us directly, it might well be a matter of time.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2019, 04:03:05 pm »

Sancho, We stuck together after all was said and done. Why? How’d we keep in contact?

Edit: Also, Sirus does not wish to play.

Did I mention that you can probably start deciding on your Influences and Relationships now?

Oh, and please vote on a team name.

GiglameshDespair: Is Illuminator a member of AEGIS, or just a close ally?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:57:07 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2019, 06:36:16 am »

Illuminator is a close ally, but not an official part of Aegis.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2019, 09:32:19 pm »

It occurs to me that if we've got a location, we can use that in our name too. Something like the Jackston Haunts Association for the Enforcement of Justice? The acronym that makes is JHAEJ though, and while that's (just barely) pronounceable, it would be cooler to spell a name. But the "Jackston Union for the Support of Truth and Independent Criminal Extermination" seems a bit forced.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2019, 01:35:13 am »

Sancho, We stuck together after all was said and done. Why? How’d we keep in contact?
Spoiler: long story (click to show/hide)
During the fight with the Cauldron, we all learned what our weaknesses were. If threats like these are to keep coming, it doesn't make sense to work alone anymore. We all fought together, and we all liked each other, so why not form a team?

After letting his son get carried away by a monster, John Quixote was happy to know that there would be other people to look after Sancho. He had no qualms about letting them use his resources as long as it kept his son safe.

Sorry for taking so long to get this done. These last couple of days were quite busy. I hope this was good enough. I was going to write more, but it's 2 AM where I am and I need to sleep. More details will be added when I do relationships. Speaking of that, who wants to be the person who rescues me from the giant monster? One of my relationship questions is "You and [blank] teamed up a few times before the rest of you came together. " and I thought that would be a good way to answer it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2019, 11:00:59 am »

Huh, so Sancho was/is one of those guys?
The ones who disbelieve magic while being okay with the general existence of superheroes?

Also, just occurred to me, how easy is it to tell the two Samuels apart?

And you guys should definitely do the Influences and Relationships now.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:52:38 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2019, 04:03:29 pm »

Who has not voted for a name?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10