Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fort denizens not eating  (Read 713 times)

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fort denizens not eating
« on: June 19, 2019, 09:58:54 pm »

I have just recently started a large fortress. World map size 5x6. I've been building a single large structure on a flat savannah biome. Ever since the first time my dwarves ate after first starting the fort, they have not eaten from the available stockpiles. The stockpiles are on ground level with no doors to impede their access. There are no pathing issues, nothing is forbidden, no military squads, and no burrows. In spite of this they refuse to eat and when attempting to give food to starving compatriots, they cancel the action because no food is available. I have four food stockpiles, so none of the stockpiles are being occupied by actions that would prevent people from eating. I've gone over everything in the forums, the wiki and even reddit and nothing has worked.

As a side note, the race is a custom insert.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Fort denizens not eating
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 10:44:39 pm »

Ah, ground level stockpile. Common issue: d-z over your moat to remove ramps also unintentionally removes upstairs part of your central updown stairs. Test if your hungry citizens can be stationed directly on the pile

Could also be that your modded civ to be carnivore and your food stock isn't meat - iirc at least one playable kobold mod could have this.

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 12:56:21 pm »

There is no up and down. Everything is on the first level, there were no essential ramps at any point and there are no stairs that do not successfully lead up and down to the stockpile. These people are taking the barrels of food they refuse to eat to the stockpile that they are refusing to eat from. There are NO PATHING ISSUES. I cannot stress that enough. I have already gone through the ID-10-T errors that everyone on the internet has already stumbled into. The only issue a place could exist in is a giant hole in the ground that they literally have four different ways to exit. All tested, no pathing issues.

They are not a carnivorous race. The food that they ate the very first and only time they ate were a ton of raw apples. It is worth noting, they ate those apples from the wagon stockpile.

Also, as a side note, they are getting stuck in an order loop to take food to citizens when none are hungry in the first place. Likewise all animals we have are properly pastured and not suffering from hunger.

Xeldrakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 02:10:31 pm »

So I rolled back to a back up file of my modded race and civilization, this seemed to fix it. So somewhere in the code, as I was adjusting things, managed to freak the game out and not allow my people to eat. I'd like to point out, again, that it wasn't a carnivore lacking meat as I started a second fortress as a test with cow meat and they all ate it before it was put in stockpiles.

Edit: Here is the code I found to be causing the issue:

[SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE_FLAMETAMER_DRAKOTA]
   [SELECT_ADDITIONAL_CASTE:MALE_FLAMETAMER_DRAKOTA]
           [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
         [COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
         [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
         [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
         [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
         [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
         [SPEC_HEAT:30000]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 04:05:32 pm by Xeldrakka »