Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Weekend Wizard [SG]  (Read 3464 times)

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
  • SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AVATARS ON THIS BLOODY SITE!
    • View Profile
Re: The Weekend Wizard [SG]
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2019, 01:12:35 pm »

2) He's likely a better wizard than you. Best tell him who you are to avoid being vaporized into wizard dust.

"I'm Charlie. Well, Charlotte, but I hate that so . . . Charlie. I am from a State. California."

"Cal-if-or-nia? Could that be somewhere on the eastern continent? It certainly sounds like it."

"No, it's--look . . . I was trying to use a teleportation spell just for giggles--I thought the book was a joke--and I ended up here instead. Now that I see it's real, I wanna be a wizard, but where I'm from, magic isn't real. I wasn't trying to . . . mess your spelling up or whatever. Okay?"

The wizard nodded sagely. "That would explain many things. You aren't of this world as you say, but thankfully you have the best possible chance of returning to yours having crossed paths with me."

"Why is that?" you ask, puzzled. Then it hits you. Based on the colouring of his robe--that sort of intelligent blue colour--you remember he's a temporaspatial magi. "A Time Wizard," you murmur.

"Indeed. I am Chrono. Wizard of Time and Space. You aren't as dull as I'd thought after all. You recognized my signature colour. Tell me, am I in this book you mentioned?"

With a sigh and a brief recollection you find that his name doesn't stick out to you much. The chapter covering temporospatial magic was one you skipped, due to the basic spells and equations making your head pound and threaten to explode. "Afraid not."

"Ah. Well then, Charlie from California, I will do my best to send you home. However, my magic will be far to weak for at least a day or so, thanks to your mishap. I'm unsure of what your school is, but I know many wizards all across this world. You are welcome to accompany me for the time being until I can find a wizard of your school to train you in your art while I figure out the proper equation to open the gate for your world. Does this sound keen to you?"

1) You'd like to learn more about this world while you're here anyway. Accompany him for the day and see what this place is like until he can contact a proper instructor for you.
2) If it's all the same to him, you'd like to continue on your way and wander a bit. He may find you when a method is found.
3) If it's all the same to him, you'd like to find a wizard of your school to train you until a method for your return is found.
4) Something else.

Isekai: A suggestion game. High Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2019, 01:20:29 pm »

We might as well learn about the place we find ourselves in

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2019, 01:47:17 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2019, 01:51:20 pm »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2019, 01:53:50 pm »

As shenanigan-prone as the other options are, leaving the watch of the guy who can potentially return us to normality is a bad idea.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2019, 05:54:30 pm »

1) You'd like to learn more about this world while you're here anyway. Accompany him for the day and see what this place is like until he can contact a proper instructor for you.

"I might as well stick around and learn a bit about the world. Maybe I can even learn a bit of Spacetime Magic."

Chrono clasped his hands together. "Very well then. I highly doubt you're keen enough to learn anything of my school of study. That said, I will give you basic insights into wizardry, lest you get yourself into even more trouble. We make leave shortly. I'd like to get there before it gets dark."

Before you both prepare, you spent what felt like an hour taking a quick tour of Chrono's tower. In the book, you were told that wizards live in towers and even have names for them (this one being Tower Whitehall), and even different aesthetics and architecture. This one was a standard fare sort, only its impossibly-white brick and unique wizard flag identifying it as Chrono's home. It'd be interesting to see what your tower would be like if you were from this world.

You don't have too much time to think about that however, as Chrono gathers supplies, stuffs them into a bag, and heads to the narrow dirt path to--where did he say he was headed again? Oh, right. Knightsbridge, a city-state about a day's walk north of here. Well, that's when you're not using magic. Because with a quick spell and flick of his wand, Chrono decreased the day's journey to about 1/3 of that time. He said he could've instantly teleported, but didn't want to use too much mana.

The day slowly becomes evening. The stars appear and threaten to increase their brilliance as the day ages.

"Chrono? Are you from this world or are you stuck here like I am? You're . . . a kid, and stuff."

"What was the word you used? Ah, 'botched'. Yes. Quite. A failed spell. Yours. I neglected to inform you of this back at Whitehall, but whatever you did interfered with my access to the 4th Dimension, and it blacklashed, turning back the clock on me, so to speak."

"Oh. Sorry."

"Worry not, young one. It isn't the first time this has occurred. And surely not the last," he sighs. "I'm really the equivalent of 50 of what I assume is likely your world's years. Quite old, if my assumptions are accurate."

1) Ask him about Invocation Magic.
2) Ask him about States and Unions and stuff.
3) Something else.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2019, 06:05:06 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2019, 07:28:29 pm »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2019, 09:09:21 pm »

Politics later. Arcane power now.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2019, 11:44:53 pm »

and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2019, 06:15:37 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Outsider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2019, 04:38:53 pm »

1) Ask him about Invocation Magic.

"So what can you tell me about Invocation Magic, Chrono?"

"Not much, I'm afraid. I know likely a small fraction more than you. Magic is energy, and the voice carries a certain kind which, using the right equations, can become such energy. Fuel for spellings and cantrips of all kinds. I take it you haven't done much studying, which is why you'd ask me." He folds his arms in confidence and you recoil a bit. "As I thought," he added. "Magic is not a toy, Charlie from California."

"My only experience with magic is from Black Clover and Harry Potter."

"Who and what, exactly, are those?" You'd answer but you feel dumb enough already. "Nevermind," you mutter.

The rest of the journey goes smoothly, and you arrive without any incident. You see what you think is Knightsbridge just up ahead, failing to realize that the timing spell Chrono used has ended and that you're already in what seems to be morning, if the blue sky and blue-yellow sunlight are any indication.

"Halt!" orders a guard at the city gate. "What business have you both in the City-State of Knightsbridge?"

"Ah yes. I am Chrono, Wizard of Tower Whitehall. I wish to have audience with Heath, Wizard of the--"

The guard interrupts Chrono impatiently. "And who is she?"

"Who? Her?" he says, as if he just now realized you were here opposed to the day of walking you both did together. "She's . . . Charlie from California. An apprentice wizard. Yes. My apprentice."

"Cal-if . . . very well. You may pass. Cause no trouble in Knightsbridge and enjoy your stay, wizard."

With a polite node, Chrono moves through the raised gate and whisks you by hand along with him. The gate slams closed behind you. He inhales deeply for a few seconds and mutters something you can't quite make out.

1) Ask him about this wizard--Heath? What's the occasion?
2) Press him for more information about Invocation Magic. A wizard of his caliber must know more than he's letting on.
3) Go explore Knightsbridge a bit. See what it's working with.
4) Do something else.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2019, 05:00:51 pm »

I don’t think it would be safe to go alone and we need to know who he is taking us to

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2019, 04:28:12 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2019, 12:28:36 am »

Knowing who we're talking to would be good.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]