Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Dark Lord: Rebirth  (Read 8938 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Lord: Rebirth
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2019, 12:46:26 am »

A - Enchant the ring with a mind debilitating enchantment which makes him trust us, and want to keep the ring on.

We can "serve" him for now as an advisor.

+1

There's really no reason to try Glass's plan and count on whatever enchantments we can put on a "simple black robe" to stop a dagger to the eye.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2019, 06:20:13 am »

A - Enchant the ring with a mind debilitating enchantment which makes him trust us, and want to keep the ring on.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2019, 06:24:08 am »

+1
+1 (Wo)man behind the man sounds like a good plan

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2019, 08:09:20 am »

Even if you guys don’t like what I’ve put, it’s at least a good idea to get some write-in stuff out there for the dice bonuses.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2019, 08:50:06 am »

(+2 from write ins)
(Also, i figured i should set an example of an enemy prediction.
Threat Prediction: A hero was sent after Markos and will soon find him. This would probably be a +2 threat, giving you an extra two dice next turn.
Sorry for the quick update, but there did seem to be a consensus and I had free time.)

You smile at him, doing your best to put him at ease. You bow,
“Oh great and powerful Dark One, how may I serve you?”

The nervousness starts to disappear from his eyes, and triumph take its place. You reach out your hand, and he imperiously offers his hand to you. The ring is rather simple, albeit with a twisting symbol placed on it. Perhaps it is a seal of office? No matter, you kiss the ring … and with the contact you feel a surge of power flow through you and into the ring. You desired for Markos to trust you and so you enchanted his ring that would force him to do so.

Enchantment of Trust learned.

You watch him as you rise. The effects could take time based on … his eyes glaze over almost immediately. You wince. That does not speak well for his willpower.

“ Lord Markos, tell me, what is the next step of your plan?”  You ask, trying your best to casually deepen your voice to sound like a proper Lady of Darkness.

You needn’t have bothered.

“Oh, I haven’t really gotten that far. I didn’t even think summoning you from the Darkest Pits of hell would even work! I guess I am a better wizard than I thought! I think I’ll resign as court wizard and find an abandoned fort or something and become a Dark Lord! Oh I don’t know, what do you think Darkest Lady Naomi?”

Before you can respond a voice distantly echos to your chamber, “Markos, where are you? The Count wants to speak with you . . .” The voice trails off. Markos pales and looks at you and stammers out. “That’s the Lady Inglewine , she’s a hero stopping by in the area to help deal with an orc problem. She never misses a shot with her bow. Lucky for us she doesn’t kill … except creatures of darkness, so she might kill you. Oh, what should we do?!”

Hmm, how should you deal with this development?
A. Attack (Write in what enchantments you use and plan of attack.)
B. Negotiate/Persuade her.
C. Distract (send Markos and/or apprentices to distract her while you hide.

(Alright, first challenge is served up! You got available a ring from one of the apprentices (another one if you take Markos’ ring and enchant it with something else) and a steel dagger you can enchant. The amulet is already enchanted by someone else’s power so you can’t enchant it freely. You can enchant something like your cloak, but that will begin to dissolve it from containing your energies and can only be used once before destroying the object.

So, how will you deal with someone who doesn’t miss?)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2019, 09:32:33 am »

Well, so long as we look presentable we shouldn't immediately set off her Evil Sense. Assuming she even has one. We do look like a normal person in a robe after all.

So, I suggest B with the following plan:

We enchant a ring for us to wear that makes our robe look like a standard wizard robe similar to the one Markus is wearing. We can then present ourselves as one of Markus' peers that he has been comparing notes with on some magic spell or other. Assuming this hero doesn't immediately distrust everything Markus does, we should be fine.

Speaking of, a Threat Pediction: Lady Inglewine does in fact have sort of "Detect Evil" spell, which she always uses. And cos we just came fresh from the Titans and we're a Dark Lady, we  count.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2019, 10:23:16 am »

Well, so long as we look presentable we shouldn't immediately set off her Evil Sense. Assuming she even has one. We do look like a normal person in a robe after all.

We enchant a ring for us to wear that makes our robe look like a standard wizard robe similar to the one Markus is wearing. We can then present ourselves as one of Markus' peers that he has been comparing notes with on some magic spell or other. Assuming this hero doesn't immediately distrust everything Markus does, we should be fine.

Speaking of, a Threat Pediction: Lady Inglewine does in fact have sort of "Detect Evil" spell, which she always uses. And cos we just came fresh from the Titans and we're a Dark Lady, we  count.

+1

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2019, 11:27:35 am »

General suggestion: It would be advantageous to keep our abilities somewhat secret. So if can't make an enchantment by stealth, then we should be showy so no-one realizes how easily we can do it.

Specific suggestion: C. Enchant the dagger to give the bearer a cautious confidence(As opposed to a reckless one.).
"My lord you should go to her. Act normally, we must plan before you make your move. I will have one of your apprentices guide me while the others clean up the remains of your spell."

Kashyyk's plan seems like a good follow up to this.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2019, 12:48:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler that. Too late.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2019, 01:48:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler that. Too late.
It’s alright, it worked. Just add your current choice to the post

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2019, 02:40:45 pm »

That is a fantastic Threat Prediction! I accept it and will give +2 dice after the next turn if you survive, or 2 bonus xp points if you deal with the threat next turn.
I won’t accept threat predictions if I have something else in mind, but if it’s something that I would think is unfair if I pulled it out it has a good chance of being accepted.

Of course, now that you know that the Heroine can detect evil, you all might want to come up with a plan that makes it less likely she’ll shoot you on sight :P
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2019, 02:58:57 pm »

Maybe I should pitch threats that don't immediately invalidate my plan next time :p

C - She's here to retrieve Markos. So long as he goes out and talks to her, she shouldn't have any reason to come in here and see us. Meanwhile, we should see if we can't mask our evil aura somehow. Perhaps a dedicated Conceal Alignment enchantment, or we could drown our aura out by enchanting our ring with a strong Good aura. Either one should work, although I'd prefer the Conceal Alignment , as u suspect that is more reliable.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2019, 03:02:54 pm »

C

Get the apprentices and Markos to start random conversations with her, each talking about a different topic. While she is busy responding to everyone, get out of the building by finding a door. Failing to find a door? Break a window and get out that way. No windows? Take out bricks and get out that way. If anyone has a stealthier way of exiting while she is distracted, I’m all ears

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2019, 03:55:16 pm »

C, but add another enchantment to Markos that makes him seem incredibly friendly. Nothing that alters his personality or anything, just an enchantment that makes it nigh impossible to feel that he is an enemy. Markos is to carry the dagger (openly, if that's accepted around the palace) and it will be enchanted to never miss when thrown. If the hero *does* suspect something, he has an unavoidable weapon of his own. And we will of course tell him that with his amazing skill he will surely be able to draw and throw the dagger before even a heroine could unsling a bow, draw and knock and arrow, draw the bow, and shoot him dead.

Use our immense power over his mind to ensure him that everything is just fine---she will not hunt us down, she has no reason to believe that we're here. His apprentices can clear up the mess while he goes to meet the Count. That should calm him down and make him unlikely to blow it, while if he does blow it he's got an enchanted weapon to take down the heroine with even if he (as seems likely) gets killed in the process...not that we're going to tell him any of this.

In the meantime, we're going to find ourselves a place to hide in the surrounding countryside, guided by one apprentice.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2019, 05:23:26 pm »

C, but add another enchantment to Markos that makes him seem incredibly friendly. Nothing that alters his personality or anything, just an enchantment that makes it nigh impossible to feel that he is an enemy. Markos is to carry the dagger (openly, if that's accepted around the palace) and it will be enchanted to never miss when thrown. If the hero *does* suspect something, he has an unavoidable weapon of his own. And we will of course tell him that with his amazing skill he will surely be able to draw and throw the dagger before even a heroine could unsling a bow, draw and knock and arrow, draw the bow, and shoot him dead.

Use our immense power over his mind to ensure him that everything is just fine---she will not hunt us down, she has no reason to believe that we're here. His apprentices can clear up the mess while he goes to meet the Count. That should calm him down and make him unlikely to blow it, while if he does blow it he's got an enchanted weapon to take down the heroine with even if he (as seems likely) gets killed in the process...not that we're going to tell him any of this.

In the meantime, we're going to find ourselves a place to hide in the surrounding countryside, guided by one apprentice.

+1 to this, this is much better planned
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12