Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Please help to cause a siege

(1/1)

Valdemor1:
Hello.  In the new versions of df, the script for the siege challenge stopped working.  Are there ways to cause a siege through the console?  I would be very grateful if you help me!

Telgin:
Unless DFHack has made some improvements since I last looked, you can't use it to trigger sieges anymore since the game actually tracks armies in a much more complicated way now.  I doubt that's changed.

The only advice I know to give is to antagonize neighbors to try to bait them into attacking you.  Killing merchants and diplomats, or sending dwarves off to attack or plunder other sites might get you what you want, but I haven't tried it so I don't know how reliable it is.

vjek:
Sending your military on raids worked for me.  I've gone from peace with Goblins to war using that, in 0.44.12.

On the other hand, if you just want a certain number of trolls or goblins, for a challenge, or testing?  You can spawn those anytime, anywhere, with something like:
modtools/create-unit -race TROLL -name EVIL -civId 2 -quantity 80
(might have to change the civId, but anything non-dwarven should work)

Fleeting Frames:
Are you referring to Outsider Invasion, or some other script? Either way, might want to report it in their thread if it isn't reported yet.

Valdemor1:

--- Quote from: Fleeting Frames on June 26, 2019, 10:49:29 am ---Are you referring to Outsider Invasion, or some other script? Either way, might want to report it in their thread if it isn't reported yet.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I was looking for something similar!  Thank you very much.  Ideally, of course it would be nice to choose a race of invaders, but thanks to that too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version