Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Crashing...

(1/2) > >>

thefinn:
Running LNP and 44.12

Crash happens only during fortress mode the moment I hit enter at the strike the earth screen.

Nothing useful in the log files.

Any suggestions?

Tried re-downloading LNP, tried multiple maps including stock standard maps.

Ulfarr:
It's a known issue with TWBT. The only workaround (that I know of) is to disable*  it before you embark, embark, save your game, close DF, enable TWBT again and load your fort.

*In LNP's launcher under the graphics tab, find the "print options" and change it to something othar than TWBT.

thefinn:

--- Quote from: Ulfarr on June 26, 2019, 01:05:46 am ---It's a known issue with TWBT. The only workaround (that I know of) is to disable*  it before you embark, embark, save your game, close DF, enable TWBT again and load your fort.

*In LNP's launcher under the graphics tab, find the "print options" and change it to something othar than TWBT.

--- End quote ---

Working, thanks man. Been a while since I played, this caught me out.

mifki:
Why can't I reproduce this problem? Are any special LNP or embark settings required?

Ulfarr:
I don't know, I haven't noticed any patterns.

Embark settings don't seem to have an effect. Both custom profiles and the "play now" one can have the bug.
How you gen the world doesn't seem to affect it either, short history, long history , big map, smal map, simple world gen, advanced world gen can all have the bug.
Changing fort/group 's names don't make any difference.
Sometimes after a number of tries to embark (to the same location) it might "fix" itself and just work as intended.

About LNP settings, I'm using the default except for the population caps, no intro, no sound, fps counter on and DFHack's Perfomance tweaks on. I'm using Phoeubus's set which I have installed manually because the preinstalled one is somewhat messed up and doesn't display the workshops properly.

There have been multiple references to this bug in PE's Starter pack thread, where someone (I don't remember who) suggested to disable twbt before embarking and it worked.

Is there any file/error log that could help you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version