Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This RTD is complicated, and I don’t want to risk messing it up, I’m thinking of “simplifying” it by having the characters enter a portal I spawned via a 6 some turns ago, transporting them to a ne world, a Minimalist world

Bring characters to Mininalist World (character sheets no longer required, forms not set, memories intact, complete minimalist, but the story continues)
- 0 (0%)
Bring characters through, but the portal deletes their memories and they have to start anew, new for,s made, new memories forged
- 3 (50%)
Bring characters through, memories of themselves and goals deleted, memories of this world remain
- 1 (16.7%)
Other(PM me the suggestion you wish)
- 1 (16.7%)
Start completely fresh, the portal envelops everything and rearranges itself into a new universe
- 1 (16.7%)
Continue the indefinite wait
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56

Author Topic: My First RTD: A Minimalist Adventure to Nowhere and Everywhere (Players welcome)  (Read 84775 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: My First RTD: A Minimalist Adventure to Nowhere and Everywhere
« Reply #465 on: September 28, 2019, 06:16:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Huh...seems like abandonment might have been forced.

Search the seemingly scrapped lab for anything that might come in handy. Given its condition it would seem cruel to be picky
Given the condition of most of the machines, you are suprised when you find a blueprint for a rocket. Looking around, it looks like there are tools as well that you could use to take apart the broken machines and build it, or anything else you want to build

Travel around getting animals for the forest in top of wagon 9
you find some deer, foxes, and robins. They don't try to escape the wagon, but you notice that the foxes are trying to kill the birds

Explore my new surroundings.

Spoiler: Scotty (click to show/hide)
You look around and nootice you are in a metal room with a recently killed hooofed mammal with horns. There is enough room to move around, but the room you are in seems to be moving somewhere, and you hear a loud whirring sound as well as the clinkclinkclink of moving over gravel

quickly register the zealots as friendly in the proton cannon

have the zealots start to scout out the area more and slaughter any infected with the zerg virus expect the kid with the special bacteria

Probes attempt to mine the mineral resources again

have the star gate warp in void rays and the mothership
4, 2, 6, 2
You manage to register to zealots as friendly before the cannon shoots them. The zealots start scouting but don't manage to find anyone, infected or not. The probes mine out everything so fast that they caused a cave-in. They will have to dig their way out or continue exploring the cave. The stargate wasn't able to warb in the void rays or the mothership. Something might be damaging the signal.

Task librarian with reading emperors tarot to predict any xenos or heretics threatening earth
It seems your snipers detected 3 possible places of threat, but were unable to figure out which threat was linked to which location pertained to which threat
THREAT LIST
POTENTIAL UNDEAD MONSTERS
ZERG VIRUS
REVIVAL OF ULTRAMARINE ATTACKER

LOCATION LIST
CITY NEAR PROTOSS SHIP
ROCKMANIA
UNDERGROUND CRYPT

"Oh shit there's some invisible shit!"
Quick beat the shit out of were the noise is coming from.
6v4
You aim at the noise with your crobar. It hits something solid. An image flickers briefly into existence before the thing turns invisible again
4v6
You can't see what it's doing, but you managed a lucky block
2v4
Tweedledee attacks towards where it sounded like your crowbar hit, but missed
5v2
Tweedledum has better luck, hitting it in the head. A purple liquid begins to pour out of the creature, now flickering in and out of vision.
5v2-1 bleed
Jane does even more damage, breaking one of its legs. The creature now is unable to move
5v2-1 bleed(the dice like these numbers apparently)
Ajohn attacks it on the neck, stopping its screeching. The creature looks like it has trouble breathing and has stopped turning invisible. It looks like what you saw earlier, a gray humanoid creature with long claws. Purple fluid nearly covers the floor.
5v1
Melanie, seeing that it is sufficiently injured, carefully aims her crowbar to crack its skull. The body falls to the ground, the head and leg broken and a wound on its neck.

"I don't know who's Zultan, and I'll go where I please, so fuck off my way..."

Say the above, then stare down the bird until it goes away.
If it doesn't, slow down the time and kill it with one precise knife to the carotid artery/throat.

"I don't believe you. Zultan works with humans, despite being the rat king. You're going to help me find him or I wi- You try to slow down time, but instead it speeds up. You see the bird run off after saying something you couldn't hear because of the speed. You try to shoot, but end up missing. When you normalize time speed you find that you are now surrounded by birds
"Look I don't know why you waited till I was far away to try and shoot, or why you shot me. I need help finding Zultan so I can kill him and take the crown. Do this and I will help you go where you need to go. One of the other birds, the only one of the 5 that isn't a stork, an eagle, says "Oh, yes, no need to attack us. We just need help. You're a human, he will trust you"

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF KENNETH CANNOT REVIVE HIMSELF! THE CULT OF KENNETH SHALL RETURN KENNETH TO REALSPACE!
The Cult of Kenneth revives you, somewhat. Your body was destroyed in the blast, so they took your soul and placed it in a new body. A body which apparently already has a soul. You find that despite the body being occupied, you can control it, though not quite as well as your old body, since this one shares a mind. <Hello, Kenneth. It is an honor to be in your presence. My name is Peter Pan. We can share this body. This isn't the first time I shared a soul>

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2019, 06:38:12 pm »

Search for flowers seeds to make a flower garden
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2019, 07:00:58 pm »

star gate warps in void rays and the mothership

half the Probes dig themselves out

the other half go cave exploring

zealots continue the purge
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 29, 2019, 01:55:11 am »

"*shrug* Okay, I guess..."

Accept the bird's demand and follow it towards King Zultan.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2019, 04:19:12 am »

Shoot the underground crypt with bombardment cannon
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:16:50 am by sprinkled chariot »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2019, 07:00:28 am »

Search for more blueprints

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2019, 07:53:36 am »

"Invisible things are easier to kill when they don't shut up."
Go slightly further into the crypt, then try to summon some rats to join my group.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2019, 11:14:42 am »

(Bowser and Kenneth need to do their actions)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2019, 11:29:58 am »

Break out.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2019, 11:41:53 am »

(Sorry for not mentioning you Scotty)
(Bowser and Kenneth need to do their actions)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 29, 2019, 11:47:52 am »

(I already posted)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 29, 2019, 11:55:54 am »

(No problem.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 29, 2019, 12:05:23 pm »

(No problem.)
(Oh yes, sorry, now we wait for Kenneth)

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 29, 2019, 02:34:00 pm »

Another soul in the body!? It is like kenneth is driving a car again! Time to steer this possessed form for the glory of KENNETH and rockmania! Prepare to begin the rising of the escalator. Kenneth shall soon see that the bad men Imperium is defeated on this world, and Rockmania shall forever be safe
ROCKMANIA FOREVER
AVE IMPERIA...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2019, 03:17:38 pm »

Search for flowers seeds to make a flower garden
You find numerous seeds and place them in wagon 3. They begin to bud

star gate warps in void rays and the mothership

half the Probes dig themselves out

the other half go cave exploring

zealots continue the purge
This time you are able to warp them in. The group that tries to dig themselves out makes some progress. The group sent cave exploring finds whispering crystals. Each of them whispering different things. The zealots head into the town and kill those infected with the Zerg virus, but also ended up killing healthy people as well, thinking they were infected. An Ultramarine notices the killing and asks “Why are you killing healthy people? You say you are only after those with the virus.”

"*shrug* Okay, I guess..."

Accept the bird's demand and follow it towards King Zultan.
Shoot the underground crypt with bombardment cannon
"Invisible things are easier to kill when they don't shut up."
Go slightly further into the crypt, then try to summon some rats to join my group.
The birds notice something hit the ground. Whatever it was didn’t break through, however. You all head towards where it hit. King Zultan and his party hear something above them as they go deeper in the crypt. Luckily those creatures aren’t there, though the Tazzes tell you they’ve seen this place before.

Search for more blueprints
You find blueprints for a hypnosis ray, an armor that protects against various poisons, a translator for Rumania languages, a translator for animal languages, a magic detector, and a proton ray.

Break out.

You run at the wall, making a loud noise as the metal bends. The room stops moving, which brings you towards the wall again, denting it even more. You conjure some of the blue fire, heating up the metal to where you can rip it apart. You see s gravel pathway and a human wearing plaid running towards the back from the right. He sees you and starts running back to where he came from. You step out, look back and you see that the room you were in has 4 cylinders that it moves on, you hear it start to move again and the dead hoofed animal falls out. As the mobile room moves away, you hear the human say something about “...dinosaur in the truck stealing my cow...”

Another soul in the body!? It is like kenneth is driving a car again! Time to steer this possessed form for the glory of KENNETH and rockmania! Prepare to begin the rising of the escalator. Kenneth shall soon see that the bad men Imperium is defeated on this world, and Rockmania shall forever be safe
ROCKMANIA FOREVER
AVE IMPERIA...

You manage to control the body and bring it to an escalator and climb it. As you do, you see one of the ships fire something at the ground far away from your location.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 08:09:12 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56