Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This RTD is complicated, and I don’t want to risk messing it up, I’m thinking of “simplifying” it by having the characters enter a portal I spawned via a 6 some turns ago, transporting them to a ne world, a Minimalist world

Bring characters to Mininalist World (character sheets no longer required, forms not set, memories intact, complete minimalist, but the story continues)
- 0 (0%)
Bring characters through, but the portal deletes their memories and they have to start anew, new for,s made, new memories forged
- 3 (50%)
Bring characters through, memories of themselves and goals deleted, memories of this world remain
- 1 (16.7%)
Other(PM me the suggestion you wish)
- 1 (16.7%)
Start completely fresh, the portal envelops everything and rearranges itself into a new universe
- 1 (16.7%)
Continue the indefinite wait
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56

Author Topic: My First RTD: A Minimalist Adventure to Nowhere and Everywhere (Players welcome)  (Read 84748 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Climb up the wall, then, if there'll be no enemies nearby, clean, suture and bandage my foot.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I need to stop this at its source. Destroy the Zerg hive.

Spoiler: Scotty (click to show/hide)
2v5
As you start heading for the hive, you find there is large wall in your way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Onwards to space let's find an inhabited planet with a sea I can steal

You head to space, and travel to a star similar to the sun. There you find a planet about the size of Mercury that is filled with water. You take most of it, leaving only a small lake. (1) It is at this point, you notice the satellites, who start shooting at you. (3) Luckily, you were able to get out of range of the satellites.

Keep driving and find out why the bus is slowing down.
You stop the bus to go outside and look, but it doesn't seem to be the wheels.

Fly around and identify whatever is attacking these nice purple guys

Fire the hypnosis ray in a sweeping motion around the area to increase my army, and tell anyone who gets hit by it that these purple creatures are nice people so HELP THEM!

You fly around, noticing a stopped bus, but continue onwards. As you do,, you notice a fight involving the zergs, some people from a cult, a few demons, some rays in the sky, another group of ships contacting the human military, a base that you think might hold whoever took control of these zergs. You use your hypno ray on those on the ground 2,6,1,6 You manage to hypnotize a few cult members, as well as some of the military.  The ones you have hypnotized stop killing the zergs and begin picking them up and placing them on those who attack them.

...ITS TIME KENNETH BRINGS OUT THE BIG GUNS! FLAMER SET, LOCKED, AND LOADED. BY KENNETHS WILL, THESE BUGS WILL BURN!

In the Meantime, Mercilous Richard tells his servants its garbage day! The time where all the trash of the castle, including boiling hot oil, is thrown into the lava moat! Hope there isn't anyone trying to scale the walls...

I use my powerful telekinesis to stop any projectiles coming towards my base then return it back to where it came from

zerg hive produces roaches to aid the zerglings by shooting at the cult of Kenneth

star gate warps in more void rays which go and start shooting beams at the cult of Kenneth

zerglings continue rushing the cult of Kenneth, hopefully they will overwhelm it this turn

gateway spawns Stalkers to start handling any flying threats, if there isn't any they also shoot at the cult of Kenneth
librarian keeps casting  curse of omnissiah
imperial fleet continues bombardment of protoss base
Continue coordinating actions of local military
Ultramarines perform surgical drop pod deep strike upon protoss to blow up important assets by setting up melta bombs 

Climb up the wall, then, if there'll be no enemies nearby, clean, suture and bandage my foot.
[Kenneth's Flamethrower v Zergs: 1 v 3]
[Garbage Day at the castle v Shane climbing the wall: 5 v 3]
[Telekinesis: 1]
[Roaches spawn and attack the cult: 2+2(help from the Cult and military?) v 3-1(Some Cult members are hypnotized, helping the zergs)]
[Curse of Omnissiah: 3+1(Perseverance)]
[Stargate spawns Void Rays and they attack the Cult of Kenneth: 3-1(Curse of Omnissiah), 4-1(Curse of Omnissiah) v 6]
[Zerglings vs Cult of Kenneth: 4+2 (Help from the Cult and military) v 3-1(Hypnotized Cult Members help kill their non hypnotized members)]
[Stalkers spawn and attack Imperial fleet: 6-1 (Curse of Omnissiah), 3-1(Curse of Omnissiah) v 6]
[Imperial Fleet bombards base: 6+1(Perseverance) v 4-1(Telekinetic Protections error)]
[Military attacking base: 2-1(Hypnotized members focused on helping the zergs)+1(perseverance) v 6-1(Telekinetic Protections error)]
[Makin' Melta bombs: 1]

Kenneth's flamethroweer didn't do much to the Zergs, who were being protected by some members of the cult. Instead of bouncing away projectiles, projectiles are brought towards the base instead. The Curse of Omnissiah, as well as this error, has resulted in severe damage to the base. Interestingly, some of the cult members start attacking each other, if not throwing their fellows into the horde. Some of the military stopped attacking your base to help with this, as well as helping the roaches kill the Cult. speaking of the Cult, they manage to dodge the Void rays. While 5 stalkers spawned, they were attacked by the fleet. who killed 4 of the ships, leaving one left. The Melta bombs exploded in midair, not doing any damage to anyone on the ground. Since most of the military is off protecting the zergs, there aren't many actually shooting the base, so even though none of the bullets missed, none of them broke a wall.

Meanwhile, at the castle, Shane is able to find a window and get inside mostly. However the slew of trash including boiling oil ends up knocking off his foot before he got all the way inside. (2) The room you found yourself in is dark, you are unsure whether there are enemies or not. (5) You manage to stop your footless leg from bleeding.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:29:35 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Burn a hole through the wall and into the hive.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:39:43 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep driving and see if the bus needs gas.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Use Magic to twist space and build a sea and beach in top of wagon 11.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Install that metal foot prosthetic I've been carrying with me in the worst case.
Put on the NVG (Night Vision Goggles).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TRAITORS! THEY SHALL FEEL THE WRATH OF KENNETH, NOW!

THE CULTISTS SIDING WITH THE NOT-NIDS SHALL HAVE THEIR SOULS RENDERED UNTO KENNETH! MEANWHILE, KENNETH SHALL PLACE THE BLESSINGS OF KHORNE ONTO THE OTHER CULTISTS SO THAT THEY WILL NOT TURN-COAT. THE USEAGE OF SUCH MIND TRICKERY TO TURN MY CULTISTS IS THE WORK OF WEAK FOOLS, AFTER ALL! THE PURE BERZERK RAGE PLACED ON THE REMAINDER WILL ENSURE THAT THEY WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH, WHILE DESTROYING THE BUGS!

Meanwhile, Mercilous Richard readies his secret moon-laser in order to further his dastardly ambition. Soon the fools of the world shall regret their laughter, the mockery, and scorn...More than what had already happened before, since he's already called Mercilous Richard. Titles don't grow on trees, after all!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Navy keeps bombarding protoss base
Continue coordinating ground forces
Librarian empowers curse of Omnissiah to destroy protoss machinery
Ultramarines continue deep striking in drop pods and planting melta bombs in critical locations of protoss basr WHY YOU DID NOT PREPARE MELTA BOMBS, AS CODEX ASTARTES REQUIRES US TO DO ?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GWAHAHAHAHA!! Oh it’s BEAUTIFUL! King Bowser is coming out of retirement!

Hypno ray more guys and have them take to the air in ships to further combat the enemy of these purple guys, with the Tokyo pilot to fly the clowncopter and coordinate the effort

Meanwhile I’ll drop to the ground with a mighty shockwave-causing thud, then viciously burn and tear apart those who threaten these purple creatures

Also see if I can rally the purple guys and those I hypnotized to me to make a massive surge toward the enemy’s main base

And if at all possible, see if I can absorb any kind of magical energy to further add to my own power...just in case

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile

me being tired of the curse decide to crush the minds of those casting it

zerglings continue swarming down the cult of Kenneth

have the zerg hive send more destroyers to attack the enemy fleet

have probes repair the base

stalkers continue shoot at any hostile terrains that are flying in our area

have gateway bring in high Templars
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well I think that’s everyone))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Use Magic to twist space and build a sea and beach in top of wagon 11.

As you work, you notice that the ships stopped firing at you, fearing they too would be turned into sand and seawater. Half of the wagon has sand, and the other half has seawater, though the wagon is only half full

Burn a hole through the wall and into the hive.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
You try burning a hole through the wall, but the fire heats up the ground near it, setting the ground on fire.

Keep driving and see if the bus needs gas.
As you drive, the bus slows to a stop. You chick and it does need gas, however there are no gas stations nearby.

Install that metal foot prosthetic I've been carrying with me in the worst case.
Put on the NVG (Night Vision Goggles).

You put on the prosthetic and try to put on your night vision goggles, however they seem to not be able to be put on, like if two + sides of a magnet were forced together.

TRAITORS! THEY SHALL FEEL THE WRATH OF KENNETH, NOW!

THE CULTISTS SIDING WITH THE NOT-NIDS SHALL HAVE THEIR SOULS RENDERED UNTO KENNETH! MEANWHILE, KENNETH SHALL PLACE THE BLESSINGS OF KHORNE ONTO THE OTHER CULTISTS SO THAT THEY WILL NOT TURN-COAT. THE USEAGE OF SUCH MIND TRICKERY TO TURN MY CULTISTS IS THE WORK OF WEAK FOOLS, AFTER ALL! THE PURE BERZERK RAGE PLACED ON THE REMAINDER WILL ENSURE THAT THEY WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH, WHILE DESTROYING THE BUGS!

Meanwhile, Mercilous Richard readies his secret moon-laser in order to further his dastardly ambition. Soon the fools of the world shall regret their laughter, the mockery, and scorn...More than what had already happened before, since he's already called Mercilous Richard. Titles don't grow on trees, after all!

Navy keeps bombarding protoss base
Continue coordinating ground forces
Librarian empowers curse of Omnissiah to destroy protoss machinery
Ultramarines continue deep striking in drop pods and planting melta bombs in critical locations of protoss basr WHY YOU DID NOT PREPARE MELTA BOMBS, AS CODEX ASTARTES REQUIRES US TO DO ?

GWAHAHAHAHA!! Oh it’s BEAUTIFUL! King Bowser is coming out of retirement!

Hypno ray more guys and have them take to the air in ships to further combat the enemy of these purple guys, with the Tokyo pilot to fly the clowncopter and coordinate the effort

Meanwhile I’ll drop to the ground with a mighty shockwave-causing thud, then viciously burn and tear apart those who threaten these purple creatures

Also see if I can rally the purple guys and those I hypnotized to me to make a massive surge toward the enemy’s main base

And if at all possible, see if I can absorb any kind of magical energy to further add to my own power...just in case

me being tired of the curse decide to crush the minds of those casting it

zerglings continue swarming down the cult of Kenneth

have the zerg hive send more destroyers to attack the enemy fleet

have probes repair the base

stalkers continue shoot at any hostile terrains that are flying in our area

have gateway bring in high Templars
[Kenneth rending souls of the hypnotized onto himself: 2]
[Blessing of Khorne vs further Hypnosis: 5 v 3+1]
[Mind crushing of Omnissiah caters vs Omnissiah empowerment: 5 v 6]
[Moon laser: 1]
[Bombardment of base: 4]
(protoss machinery was destroyed in the final casting as their minds were crushed, so the probes couldn't do repairs)
[Bowser's hypnosis on non cult members: 5,6,1]
(the ones hypnotized from last turn are still hypnotized, but the blessings of khorne prevent new cultists from being hypnotized)
[Hypnotized steal ships: 6]
[Bowser's shockwave: 4]
[Bowser vs Cultists: 1 v 4-1(hypnotized from last turn)]
[Bowser vs Demons: 4 v 4]
[Bowser vs Military: 3 v 4-2(more members hypnotized)]
[Bowser's Rally of the Hypnotized and Zergs against the Base: 1]
[Zerglings v Cult: 2+1+1+1 v 5+1(Blessings of Khorne)-1()hypnotized cult members)]
[Deep striking the base: 3+1 v 2]
[Coordination of military: 3-2(more troops hypnotized) v 1]
[Bowser's magic drain: 5]
[Destroyers vs fleet: 3+1 v 1]
[stalkers vs fleet: 1+1-2(final curse) v 2]
[Gateway bringing in High Templars; 3-1(dangerous teleportation)]
Mercelous Richard's moon laser explodes, sending part of the moon towards Earth. The souls of the hypnotized cannot be torn from the bodies, luckily, the blessings of khorne prevent further hypnosis of your members. A shockwave is sent through the battlefield as Bowser lands, causing damage to the base, the cultists, blessed by khorne, ended up destroying the hypnotized humans as the zerglings continued fighting. The cultists were able to defend themselves from Bowser, who targeted the military, who he killed a large number of, with help from the hypnotized. Bowser finds the demons and begins to fight them. There are 4 of them. (1,3,6,4) Bowser misses one of them, does a bit of damage to another, completely burns the third, and manages to stun the last one. As the minds of the Librarians are crushed, they cast their last spell, destroying the probes which would have worked to repair the base. As such, the base received heavy damage from the bombardments of the ultramarines, and the ships the hypnotized people stole to help attack the base, however, the zerg were unable to be rallied against the base, still seeing the Protoss as their Overmind. The deep strikes with the bombs also did damage. The Stalkers were mostly destroyed with the curse, and were easily finished off by the fleet. Destroyers did damage the fleet though. The Gateway was unable to bring in Templars because of the teleportations becoming dangerous. Bowser drains magic from the area, and now has a green glow surrounding him. The base is nearly destroyed, the cult members fighting those that were hypnotized. The military's efforts to attack the base were less than successful, being that the base was nearly destroyedalready. Lazarus is still alive, surrounded by the zerglings as the hypnotized military and cultists try to get to him without hurting the zerglings. The clowncopter and ships fly overhead, as well as the Ultramarine ships. Bowser is fighting 3 demons Demon 1 has no damage done to it, Demon 2 has slight damage, Demon 3 is stunned. The Librarians are killed, so no more curses of Omnissiah, machines can't be uused, because of said curse. The moon fragment will hit somewhere on Earth in 5 turns
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:56:19 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ok))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:13:49 am by SuperDino85 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have my people help push the bus down the road for a bit and hope we find a gas station.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Finish building the sea and beach on top of wagon 11.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 56