Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This RTD is complicated, and I don’t want to risk messing it up, I’m thinking of “simplifying” it by having the characters enter a portal I spawned via a 6 some turns ago, transporting them to a ne world, a Minimalist world

Bring characters to Mininalist World (character sheets no longer required, forms not set, memories intact, complete minimalist, but the story continues)
- 0 (0%)
Bring characters through, but the portal deletes their memories and they have to start anew, new for,s made, new memories forged
- 3 (50%)
Bring characters through, memories of themselves and goals deleted, memories of this world remain
- 1 (16.7%)
Other(PM me the suggestion you wish)
- 1 (16.7%)
Start completely fresh, the portal envelops everything and rearranges itself into a new universe
- 1 (16.7%)
Continue the indefinite wait
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56

Author Topic: My First RTD: A Minimalist Adventure to Nowhere and Everywhere (Players welcome)  (Read 84756 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ok I think I waited about a month now. Everyone here still alive?))

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I live)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

((I live too. Due to the long wait, I have decided to make a poll concerning what happens to everyone, if any of the answers need clarification, ask within the thread. If you wish to post your Other Suggestion within the thread that’s fine too))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

(I think an appropriate ending for Scotty would be for him to eventually return to the past, digest Bill, and ultimately end up dying back in his home time. Eventually, his remains could be recovered and displayed in the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. )
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since the game was getting complicated, I wanted to start anew, however I want this game to have a proper ending, though I don’t know what that would be, so I think we should all decide on an ending that fits with the story together

Maybe we should talk about this in the thread. It'll be easier and quicker to read everyone's replies there.
Good call

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

Voted for the second option. Shane confronts Merciless Richard, but both get killed in a massive explosion. Shane wakes up in giant test chamber made of reinforced glass, with his body now being robotic/synthetic, with the exception of the head.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think my ending should be me going back to the Blockbuster and living happily ever after with the people in my group.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Voted for option 2. Whether Bowser kills Kenneth or dies to Kenneth, he will suddenly find himself back in his castle, the previous events having been a sudden freak daydream he had while eating, and quickly forgotten as he continues his lunch. I hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:38:05 pm by SuperDino85 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

If we are going for an epilogue ending, my would be finishing and running the Magic School-University/Flying Train.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mercilous Richard would proceed to unleash his stand upon shane, [The Ballad of Billy the Kid], and try to kill him.
Kenneth will of course, try to kill King Koopa.
But I'm good with any option.

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the landscape and current event now?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The state of the most recent completed turn. I am sorry zi made the world complicated. I can quote the turn here
(Sorry for the delay. +2 bonus to player rolls)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Order my remaining ships to turn and fight the uninvited attackers

Remotely and quickly rotate the clowncopter upside down and dump Kenneth onto the ground

Inhale like a super vacuum to consume Kenneth’s tanks and Kenneth himself, making them shrink as they get closer, and crushing them between my teeth

6+2=8 v 4, 1+2=3 v 4+2=6, 1+2=3 v 2+2=4
You manage to destroy lots of the ships, however, some of your troops accidentally shoot at each other due to them using the same types of ships. Your troops' ships start to self destruct. Your pilot tells you that he feels lots of minds entering his body. He seems to have scond thoughts about attacking Kenneth, but doesn't act on them because he says those thoughts aren't his. You turn the clowncopter, but Kenneth continues to latch on, almost like he is stuck to it. Because Kenneth is stuck to the copter, he doesn't get vaccumed, but you do crush the tanks, which kept shooting at you even as they got smaller. Your clowncopter has been shot! (odds for left, evens for right: 3) You can no longer turn left because that side has a large hole in it due to the torpedo. You are also falling and will hit the ground in (6-3=3) turns unless repairs can be done.

Continue firing torpedoes at stolen imperial ships
Techmarine connects to enemy ships machine spirits and forces them to self destruct their ships with plasma reactor overload
Shoot down clown copter with laser lance accurate shot
Librarian casts mental confusion to start rebellion inside bowsers forces
3+2=5 v 4, 3+2=5 v 6, 4+2=6 v 1+2=3, 2+2=4 v 4
You manage to shoot the ships, who shoot themselves too mistaking them for yours. The remaining stolen ships self destruct, but you feel as though the souls of the inhabitants aren't dead, their bodies are, though.
You shoot the clowncopter, causing it to no longer be able to turn left because of a dent in its left side. The wills of the remainng troops are strong enough to withstand the confusion.

Kenneth shall finish off the koopa-king with his pile-driver attack! Meanwhile tanks just keep tanking it up
Mercilous Richard decides to take the slime-cannon up onto the top of his castle to shoot at a town he has a particular grudge with. See, there was this antique shop there that sold him a rare ancient arrow from a local native tribe. But upon further research...IT WASN'T EVEN FROM THE SAME CONTINENT! Now as his first act of revenge, he shall blow up Gravity Falls! Also, its about time for his posse to get back from terrorizing the non-rockmanian countryside. Man, that deal with that crazy guy was the best ever, giving him a hideout for his gang to continue their daring life of crime.

2+2=4 v 6, 5 v 3+2=5, 6
Your hands were stuck to the clowncopter so you weren't fliipped off. You tried slamming against it to go deeper into the ship, though it doesn't seem to do damage, at least you are not hurt. You are stuck to the clowncopter, which is lucky, since because you were stuck, you didn't suffer the same fate as your tanks, who were vaccuumed up and shrunk. They continued shooting until the end. Merciless Richard destroys Gravity Falls. He feels like some sort of spell has been broken...

Enter the throne room; hopefully I'll find Merciless Richard there.
Prepare my rocket pistol in the case of ambush.

3, 6
Merciless Richard doesn't seem to be here, but you do find a servant, who tells you he is in the storage room. You hear the sound of a cannon being fired from the storage room. You ready your rocket pistol and shoot at the servant, thinking he might be part of an ambush. You have it ready now, just in case you aren't wrong next time.

Bill's powers translate Scotty's reptillian thoughts into words.

"Another Tyrannosaur please. Don't know. You seemed dangerous."

Spoiler: Scotty (click to show/hide)
6+2=8
"Yeah, I guess I can be. That's a side effect of having lots of power, it can go haywire."
Bill and you start searching and eventually find a Trex. Bill uss his powers to not only place you in its body, but also make its/your scales resistant to explosions. Bill enters your body and takes both of you to the present, where Gravity Falls is, or was. You look around and notice that there is lots of slime everywhere, and there are no creatures around. "Well, it wasn't like this before, I never did aything with slime. Something else happened here. The spell that kept me here is gone now so yay"

"Okay bus where do you want to go?"
Try to communicate with the bus and see what happens.
4+2=6
You try talking with the bus, it sends you a message in your thoughts. It sounds like a girl. You can feel that something else hears this too.
"I don't know what I am, I can sense another like me, it can fly somehow. I need to find him. Maybe I can learn what happened. I wasn't always a bus. Hopefully he hears this."

Travel to the abandoned amusement park.
As you fly to the amusement park, you hear a voice in your head. You also sense a faraway presence.
"I don't know what I am, I can sense another like me, it can fly somehow. I need to find him. Maybe I can learn what happened. I wasn't always a bus. Hopefully he hears this."

You find a Ferris wheel, a ride that looks like a long pole with a small room attached to it, a ride that looks like a sideways Ferris wheel, an old ticket booth, and an old sign that says [glowcolor=yellow]AdventureLand[/glow]
(I'm trying to make a yellow outline with red fond, I've seen others use glow before, but I'm doing something incorrectly)

go down the tunnel

attempt to reestablish connection with the zerg base

crush the minds of any who are hostile to me
1+2=3, 4+2=6, 4+2=6
You go down the tunnel and start to feel the connection reach out to you. You connect with it, so much that for a tine you forget your body. When you come back, you notice that "you" started to build a Zerg hospital, a building that looks like a white cube with small legs on the bottom, allowing it to move. You were about to place one of the last legs when you came to. Other zergs are placing circular purple windows, one in the center of each wall. You notice a Terran with a gun running towards you through the tunnel. "You stole the walls and windows from my shop! I do not tolerate--- He readies his gun as he says this, what you learn is what he called a pistol, before crushing his mind. 2 others come by too. Before they shoot you, their minds are crushed too.
I will attempt to summarize
Kenneth and Bowser are in/on a clowncopter that is heading towards the ground, Scotty and Bill are in the remains of Gravkty Fals, Shane is in Mercilous’s castle trying to kill him, George is at an Adventureland theme park and hears the voice of a living bus that King Zultan is in, and Lazarus just got done crushing the minds of some soldiers, also the USA is at war with Captain of Ulteamarines because of hacked nuclear systems blowing up. If I missed anything here tell me
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:32:29 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. Nailed it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That all sounds like what I remember happening.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

coalboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just found out this is about to come to an end? Maybe I should wait for it to start anew if I want to take part in?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56