Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game freezes every 20-30 seconds for 5 seconds  (Read 992 times)

BashoThumdodok

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Winni..LOSING. Yeah.. I love losing .....
    • View Profile
Game freezes every 20-30 seconds for 5 seconds
« on: June 30, 2019, 08:15:20 am »

Hey everyone ! Sorry if this isn't the right place to post it but i'm getting a bit desperate here as my game isn't really playable anymore and it's one of my first forts that are going really well !
Everyone 20 to 30 seconds i get a long freeze and then everything continues as normal but my CPU still sits a 30% and my ram isn't really bothered as well so I've no idea what's going on , I use the last version if that helps.
Cheers and thanks for any help !
I love Winni..LOSING. Yeah.. I love losing .....

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Game freezes every 20-30 seconds for 5 seconds
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 01:04:57 pm »

If you have a 4 core CPU, then a CPU at 30% probably means that one one core is pegged at 100% for the DF process, so DF is working on something, and it is not a problem with the computer's memory or disk.

What sort of FPS does your fort run at? If your FPS is slow, it will not freezing due to world updates.

How big is your world gen?

Before you noticed the long freezes, would you have noticed if shorter freezes were happening? If the freezes did not exist, and then suddenly started, it is likely there is something on the embark map that arrived or happened that can be found and removed.

Are you using DFHack? Because if there is something on your map that is causing the problem, that is the tool you will likely need to use to find and stop the problem.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 01:10:11 pm by anewaname »
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

BashoThumdodok

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Winni..LOSING. Yeah.. I love losing .....
    • View Profile
Re: Game freezes every 20-30 seconds for 5 seconds
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 01:20:20 pm »

Hello ! I got my answer somewhere else shortly before your reply !

Seems like it was animals in my tavern not being assigned the pasture that lead to the game freezing for some reason !

Thanks !
I love Winni..LOSING. Yeah.. I love losing .....