Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to make a huge impact on the world history?  (Read 4073 times)

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to make a huge impact on the world history?
« on: June 30, 2019, 12:33:23 pm »

I greet you, venerable dwarfs. As a young beardling, full of ambitions and determined to wreak havoc, I ask you to teach me many hidden (or not) secrets of manipulating the world, historical and social dynamics in adventure mode. DFHack included.

Let's say I start a demigod human outsider, max the hell out his stats and skills (that was easy to discover) so I'm done with pesky exercises. Give myself some red diamond artifact dagger with quadzillion sharpness. And the next point in the to-do list - shake the world's foundations, bring them total cheese, grief them poor NPC's till they start to worship me instead of their dead (killed by me?) gods. I mean, total trickstery and console sorcery. Like impregnating some local ruler's female guard, then bodyswap to a baby, turning it into goblin baby and biting that ruler to death (real expirience, but my newborn babies disappear for unknown reason when I re-enter the area). 

Trickstery with genes, scripts, infesting the world history with player's character in every piece. Form and disband civilization alliances, head armies, mindf*** necromancers, start funny looking dynasties and so on.

Please share your knowledge and technique about how to turn any given world into a demigod's playground, reshape its history bounds, tie custom knots and plots in hitherto dead history.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a huge impact on the world history?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 05:08:32 pm »

well first figure out Dfhack gui/gm-editor and probably learn how to make macro scripts from your findings from messing around gui/gm-editor
but really screwing around with the world currently requires knowing how to raid and pillage towns and or rescuing them from said raids and pillages most of what you said is mostly a small blip in the world history that I think current chaos fort mode players can do to the world though most npcs in dwarf fortress don't really know the world history around them so all those actions about goblin baby biting some ruler would be lost to the sands of time only remembered by legends mode and a few folks who were alive and have long lasting memories of the event.
the current DF is everyone doesn't really know everything so anything can be true or not, and possible messing with rumors could lead to local citizens thinking the duke is a vampire cat that drain the blood of some Goat from another town and probably lead to the duke getting jumped for vampire crimes or it may not since they might not know what a vampire is.

like it's probably possible with a small about of dialog dfhackery to get a megabeast or a night troll to accept a high noble position via talking the position off of someone to yourself and giving up the position to the megabeast and or night troll. though seeing if any changes you done having a lasting affect probably requires a whole lot of waiting for the world simulation to process.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:06:39 pm »

I feel this idea of yours about NPCs know nothing and rumor manipulations is very important to achieve the great trickstery goal, thanks for that.
Universal tool. What about spreading concepts around and filling those NPC's infoboxes? What is the most effective way to do that?
I suppose you are the local great sorcerer. Could you tell cunning ways to deliver loads of fun through DFHack?
Here's list of what I already know:
1. edit stats-needs-wounds-civilization-race
2. create personal items
3. impregnate
4. bodyswap
5. run stonesense

PS. Legends mode never knew of that goblin baby incident, as I recall it. I never knew where that baby goblin disappeared after. Sadly it wasn't even a historical figure! Do you know how to intervene the history itself and make smb a histfig of full value?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:13:38 pm by hisntfmajesty »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 06:36:50 am »

I feel this idea of yours about NPCs know nothing and rumor manipulations is very important to achieve the great trickstery goal, thanks for that.
Universal tool. What about spreading concepts around and filling those NPC's infoboxes? What is the most effective way to do that?
I suppose you are the local great sorcerer. Could you tell cunning ways to deliver loads of fun through DFHack?
Here's list of what I already know:
1. edit stats-needs-wounds-civilization-race
2. create personal items
3. impregnate
4. bodyswap
5. run stonesense

PS. Legends mode never knew of that goblin baby incident, as I recall it. I never knew where that baby goblin disappeared after. Sadly it wasn't even a historical figure! Do you know how to intervene the history itself and make smb a histfig of full value?
well you get a historical figure by just talking to someone as the game then realize oh hey this person is mostly important enough to attempt to learn something, as the historical figure data is where most of the info gets retained, mostly poke around how history and event works and body swap and check the creature's Quest log to see if they know any events. you could probably hit up the dfhack thread and search around for adv themed scripts I think I made a couple of them for moving around a giant camp, fast travel ease, and probably dipping into generating inhabitants that are loyal to the camp civ. but that last one needs a few touches on military gear set up.

I think at this moment convincing folks to join your camp then zoning them is a good way to build up an micro army especially if you disband them afterwards as they will be permanently stuck to the campgrounds.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 01:27:54 pm »

You can find a vault and steal the slab and command the demon, which leaves a goblins civ leaderless, or take possession of some of the worlds greatest artifacts, and make sure everyone knows about it. Adventurers searching for those artifacts will seek you out, and your possession of them will be remembered.

There is also one trick that can make your adventurer king of a dwarven civ; first it must be the only site-playable civ in the world, and it must have died and have no remaining members (you can't play as a dead civ if there are still surviving playable civs). Then you need to make and retire a fort, with a pop cap of less than 7, before the caravan arrives (because caravan merchants become historical figures who can inherit positions) with one militia commander. Find that commander in adventure mode, having killed a couple beasts or something, and convince him to make you a soldier of the fort. Now wait until Autumn has passed (so a caravan doesn't arrive!), and unretire that fort. Your adventurer should be a member of the fort now. Stuff everyone else in like a room with a drawbridge and smash them. With your adventurer as the sole surviving member of the civ, they should be named king eventually. Then abandon the fort and unretire your royal adventurer.

Only issue I had with it was that sometimes the game will make you king, then decide the civ also needs a general, and immediately make your adventurer general instead. So I got several adventurers to join the fort before unretiring and each of them would get a different title, eventually.

You can force the world to only have one playable civ by going into the raws and duplicating the MOUNTAIN entity and naming the duplicate MOUNTAIN_UNPLAYABLE or something, and removing the site_controllable tag from it. Then go back to the original MOUNTAIN civ, keep it's playable tag, but remove it's settlement biome tags, remove all the likes_site and tolerates_site tags besides cave_detailed, and change the max civ number to 1. Now every world will have only a single playable civ, and because they can't make new settlements and won't conquer new sites, they will be restricted to the founding fort, which is vulnerable to all sorts of horrible ways to be wiped out. But, other dwarven civs you can't play as still exist so the world isn't without dwarves, because of the duplicate, unplayable entity.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 03:30:17 pm »

Thank you, that's an interesting approach!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 03:35:06 am »

on the level of making a huge impact on world generation alone one could mess with the animal tokens that got newly added and have demons and bogeymen be citizens or remove the common pet tokens and have it so that wagons and merchants have to use the animal token assign creatures ... also bumping up the banditry will pour into including the domesticated animals also so you end up with demon and bogeyman bandits roaming the lands... or uhh dip into modding and create an interaction that reanimate the dead but have it be connected to an extra-vision having creature that lives in the caverns so the world over time has to deal with mutation from underground critters.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 04:52:34 am »

Name your socks. Every time you take them on and off ever will be sung in legends to come.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 04:10:21 pm »

or uhh dip into modding and create an interaction that reanimate the dead but have it be connected to an extra-vision having creature that lives in the caverns so the world over time has to deal with mutation from underground critters.

Could you explain it in more detail?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 05:17:50 am »

or uhh dip into modding and create an interaction that reanimate the dead but have it be connected to an extra-vision having creature that lives in the caverns so the world over time has to deal with mutation from underground critters.

Could you explain it in more detail?
so in a series of making over powered creatures and experimenting with wagons and the new copy tags from tokens I maded a necromantic Wagon spider that lives in cavern animalpeople groups. some how extravision plus the massive range of the wagon spiders some how makes it so that they can just cast reanimate on any corpse in the area if they are nearby which leads to on the surface the dead coming to life and nothing staying down for good luckily playing pacifically you don't deal with horrible reanimating corpses that won't stop reanimating on death unless you convert the corpse into an item or burn away the corpse quick, it also leads to megabeasts lairs being filled with undead that murders the beast that just leads to an undead megabeast.
it makes managing a camp a thrilling event of corpse clean up and praying there no cavern wagon spiders nearby.
"body swapping and YOU!"

hisntfmajesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 12:13:41 pm »

But what should we do to make this a kind of "Dragon Age Origins" story, where there were that nasty underground dwelling undead horde who occasionally erupted the surface and bring humies all kinds of death?
I mean how to make this undead accumulation happen only under the ground?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 05:26:19 pm »

Make it a cavern civ?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

AshTheTiefling

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Artist, Adequate Modder, Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 08:06:36 pm »

Step 1: Raise your attributes so nothing can hit you.

Step 2: Train with a weapon until you reach legendary skill levels.

Step 3: Ask around until you know the location of a vampire, murder it and drink it's diluted blood.

Step 4: Find the location of a couple night trolls, midnight freaks, necromancers, and maybe a semimegabeast... or ten.

Step 5: Now murder. all. of. them.

Step 6: Do the same with all the megabeasts, since you are now beyond epic.

Step 7: Claim a civilisation for your own and reign with an iron fist for the rest of your days. (Retire your adventurer.)

That is how you leave a mark on world history.
You know what was happening? The terrifying master, nearly maxed all combat skills, was hitting me with some copper earring. Over and over. It took it few days, but he managed to beat me with copper earring.
Welcome to... Megabeast Park! *Raaawr!*

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 04:45:30 pm »

Step 1: Raise your attributes so nothing can hit you.

Step 2: Train with a weapon until you reach legendary skill levels.

Step 3: Ask around until you know the location of a vampire, murder it and drink it's diluted blood.

Step 4: Find the location of a couple night trolls, midnight freaks, necromancers, and maybe a semimegabeast... or ten.

Step 5: Now murder. all. of. them.

Step 6: Do the same with all the megabeasts, since you are now beyond epic.

Step 7: Claim a civilisation for your own and reign with an iron fist for the rest of your days. (Retire your adventurer.)

That is how you leave a mark on world history.
Pretty much this. Kill enough of the great monsters to cause the calendar age to change. Your human outsider sounds more than capable of hunting down every megabeast, titan, and night creature.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 06:53:44 am »

Dfhack:
Code: [Select]
adv-max-skills
Then
Code: [Select]
gui/gm-editorgood equipment in. And then rampage, it's possible to kill an entire world with enough patience.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?