Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Promontory [4/4]  (Read 5565 times)

Yottawhat

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2019, 12:25:05 pm »

Speed through. Ride through the pack of wolves and skid to a stop by the door, hoofing it the rest of the way on the my bionic leg.
Logged
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dread

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 01:50:03 pm »

Yara: 55

Yara lifts her gun into shooting stance, sights the closest wolf to her, and squeezes the trigger. A metallic click and woosh of air are the only indications that the weapon has been fired until the largest wolf stumbles, trailing blood from a hole pierced straight through its flank.

Burt: 96

Burt flicks on his light and drops it into the dirt, shining straight into the injured wolf's face. It flinches back, giving Burt the necessary opportunity to drop it with a shot to the heart.

Dominic kneels down and packs loose soil into one of his empty cans. He hefts it like a grenade, ready to lob the crude weapon at any assailants.

Turbo revs their bike and speeds into the room, leaving a deep furrow in the dirt until they accelerates to such speeds that the magbike's wheels leave the ground. A few wolves try to snap at the bike as it passes them, but the vehicle's blazing speed gives them no chance.

Nearing the broken door, Turbo hits the brake and twists the handlebars. As the bike skids to a stop, they leap from the seat and hit the ground running. It takes only two long, spring-assisted strides to reach the sliding door, where they realize that the opening is not wide enough to squeeze through. A display screen next to the door lies shattered and dark, beneath it a panel of data ports plugged by the dust and grime of centuries. The other door to Turbo's left is even worse, shut tight with not even a tiny gap to enter.

With the leader dead, the other wolves seem markedly less willing to charge. Two of them turn and flee back into the safety of their mounds, while the remaining three muster the courage to charge. Two of them rush Dominic and Burt, while the remaining canine gallops towards Turbo.

Dominic: 7/10
Wolf: 3/10

One of the wolves locks eyes with Dominic, teeth showing in an angry snarl. As it approaches him, Dominic hurls his can of dirt.
The can strikes its target square between the eyes, bringing its charge to an abrupt halt. The wolf staggers, seeing stars.

The other wolf leaps at Burt, jaws opened wide and eyes frenzied. Burt protects himself with the only thing he has in his hands: His gun. The wolf grabs the weapon in its teeth and shakes it violently back and forth, threatening to tear it from his hands.

The distance put between them by the magbike gives Turbo a few seconds before the wolf reaches their location. With no escape through the door, Turbo's only cover is the magbike that's fallen behind them with wheels still spinning in the air.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turbo (click to show/hide)

Wolf 1: Healthy
Wolf 2: Healthy
Wolf 3: Healthy
 
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 02:20:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoot the nearest living wolf not in a mound

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 03:14:00 pm »

Kick the wolf that has my gun in the chest and yank the gun out of its mouth and shoot it in the face.
Logged
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • The voice in your head.
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 03:22:14 pm »

Turn my flashlight on and toss it at the wolf's head. Aim for the eyes.

Keep my knife at the ready in case it gets any closer.
Logged
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Yottawhat

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2019, 09:56:57 am »

With a spring assisted kick, leap off the door towards the charging canine, firing a shot from my shotgun as I past by.
Logged
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dread

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2019, 02:47:52 am »

Yara: 74 / 100

Yara fires off another shot from her flechette rifle, piercing deep into the chest of the wolf attacking Burt. With a yelp of pain, it releases its grip on Burt's gun.

Burt: [64 + 5(Arasti Monocle)] / 100

Burt kicks at the wolf while simultaneously reorienting his gun into firing stance. By the time the beast has recovered and opened its mouth for another attack, it's too late. A single gunshot echoes through the cavern, and the wolf falls dead.

Dominic: 3 / 10

Dominic hastily grabs the flashlight and hunting knife from his bag. He switches the light on and hurls it towards the snout of his assailant - but the throw goes wide and his light lands in the dirt near the wolf's paws. His only defense now is the knife, which feels remarkably inadequate in the face of the angry beast.

Wolf: 7 / 10

And, indeed, inadequate it proves to be. The wolf lunges at Dominic, latching its jaws around his left leg. It pulls hard, knocking him off his feet.

He lands on his back, saved from a concussion by the soft dirt beneath him. The wolf wrenches his calf back and forth as if trying to tear it off, and his pant leg is stained a deep red.

Turbo: [97 - 15(Airborne)] / 100

Turbo backs up as the wolf approaches, then sprints towards the wall. They leap forward, plant both feet against the door, and with the metallic sound of springs uncoiling rebound back into the air. As Turbo passes over the attacking wolf, they line up the shotgun and pull the trigger.

Turbo hits the ground running. The wolf drops with eight pellets buried in its back.

Only one wolf remains, but preoccupied with eating Dominic it fails to notice the death of its packmates.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turbo (click to show/hide)

Wolf 2: Healthy
 

« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 02:50:06 am by Dread »
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2019, 10:31:26 am »

Shoot the wolf eating Dominic with my flachette gun

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • The voice in your head.
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 01:19:25 pm »

While the wolf is preoccupied with my leg, slam the knife through its eye socket or throat.
Logged
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 01:34:52 pm »

Shoot the wolf that's attaching Dominic.
Logged
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yottawhat

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »

Using my leg's enhanced strength, try to push open the broken door enough that I can slip through.
Logged
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dread

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 04:01:05 pm »

Yara: 74 / 100

Dominic: 63 / 100

Another flechette rips into the final wolf's hide, giving Dominic the opportunity he needs to ram the point of his knife into its eye. He frees his leg from its weakening grasp and crawls away as the wolf thrashes in the throes of death.

Burt stands ready to finish the wolf off if it gets back up. It does not.


Turbo slides their metallic foot in between the door and frame and heaves against the sliding panel. After all available force has been mustered and several attempts had, they are forced to accept defeat - the door refuses to budge an inch. They'll need to find another way through.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turbo (click to show/hide)
Logged

Naturegirl1999

  • Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 04:05:09 pm »

Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Give Dominic a Tissue Repair injection on his leg

Whisperling

  • Bay Watcher
  • The voice in your head.
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2019, 04:40:49 pm »

Dominic nods to Yara and Burt.

"Much obliged."

Approach the display and try plugging my hotwire into each data port. See if I can do anything to open the doors or interface with the rest of the facility.
Logged
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

King Zultan

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 02:50:39 am »

Search the area for a way to get further into the facility.
Logged
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11