Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Promontory [4/4]  (Read 14813 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Promontory [4/4]
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2019, 07:16:35 pm »

Turbo glance back at Dominic as they are crouching. They turn around, staring right at back at Dominic.

"What. You never heard of finder's keepers? How about first come first serve?"

Turbo stands down for the moment.

"Sure I have. And if you had been the 'first' to 'find' this room, I wouldn't mind so much. But I opened the door, so I get first rights to the stuff in here."

Dominic takes the adhesive and tosses the spark plug over to Turbo.

"You're welcome. Next time you want a share of my earnings, you can help me out first."

Next, Dominic inspects the lock. Is it mechanical? Electronic? How about the door behind it?

If it's mechanical, he searches for a suitable small and thin length of metal and tries using it as a lockpick. If it's electronic he searches for a way to connect his hotwire or gain access via the facility systems.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 01:05:09 am »

Pull out my knife and follow Yara down the small tunnel.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 10:53:37 pm »

"Sure I have. And if you had been the 'first' to 'find' this room, I wouldn't mind so much. But I opened the door, so I get first rights to the stuff in here."

Dominic takes the adhesive and tosses the spark plug over to Turbo.

"You're welcome. Next time you want a share of my earnings, you can help me out first."

"Hmph"

Look down the elevator shaft. Check to see how deep it goes and if there are any other openings to other floors.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2019, 06:48:10 pm »

Yara places her knife in her pocket and steps up to the tunnel. She tosses her gun into the small opening before hauling herself up and into the tunnel with both arms. With her flechette rifle in both hands, she shimmies forward on her stomach. Burt slings his weapon over his back, draws his knife, and climbs into the tunnel after Yara.

The journey, though short, is wet and cramped. It ends in yet another rusty grate, this one set vertically. Peering through the slats, Yara can see a fairly large room on the other side. It appears to be a barrack or living quarter of some sort, filled with dust and the ruined husks of furniture. A set of stairs on the far side leads upwards to another floor. But there's something else in the room, hanging from the roof and woven together into bone-white tapestries on the walls. Thread? No, silk. In the light of her headlamps, Yara can see the floor and furniture teeming with tiny black shapes. Spiders. Thousands of them.

She also notes something on the roof - a dome of metal about the diameter of a hubcap, to which is attached a cylindrical protrusion like the barrel of a gun that hangs straight down from the center of the dome.

##################################

Dominic drops the tube of adhesive into his pack and examines the lock on the metal door. Though there is a keyhole, it appears to be damaged beyond repair. On the wall nearby is what appears to be a keycard scanner - currently inactive as he's shut off the generators. He doesn't recall the door being linked to the central facilities beyond power - likely isolated from the main control as a security measure. Regardless, the door is heavy and unlikely to be opening without a card. He does not find anything resembling a lockpick.

Turbo shines a flashlight down the elevator shaft, noting how it opens to two other floors beneath this one. The doors directly beneath them hang wide open, but on the third floor down they are shut tight. Though Turbo could try to swing down into the open doors beneath, the shaft continues downwards for a fair distance and ends in a pile of rubble and broken metal - an unpleasant fall should something go wrong.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turbo (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 07:12:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Burt, there is a large room with lots of soiders, and a dome with a cylinder, probably a gun of some sort”
Put my gun down, take out my knife, and try to slice the grate open, if this fails, put the knife back into the pocket and pick up my gun and shoot the grate at its weakest looking point
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 07:39:43 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2019, 03:45:14 am »

"Lets hope the spiders aren't poisonous and the gun is long dead, if hitting the grate doesn't work try shooting the weakest looking part."
Wait for Yara to get the grate down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »

"Don't think I'm getting past this one unless I blast the door open. Maybe you could try shooting the lock."

Link back up to the facility and see if I can get some kind of map, or at least a read on any rooms or systems that seem particularly important.

Bash the lock a few times with the hilt of my knife. If that doesn't work, climb down the elevator shaft. If the string I'm carrying is strong enough to support my weight, attach a length of it to something sturdy and tie the other end around my waist first.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2019, 10:25:02 pm »

Upon hearing Dominic ask for help, Turbo turns around, gives him the finger, then precedes to leap down the elevator shaft.

Kick against the far side of the elevator shaft with my spring leg to launch backwards and into the open elevator doors two floors below me.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2019, 12:18:22 pm »

"Fair point."

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2019, 04:50:41 pm »

Yara retrieves her knife and attempts to slice into the rusted grate. She succeeds only in producing an earsplitting screech of metal on metal, doing more damage to knife than the grate. Returning the blade to her pocket she turns to plan two: striking the corner of the grate with the stock of her rifle. It takes several blows, but at last the ancient joinings give in. The grate falls outwards and clatters to the ground.

The spiders aren't moving anymore. Packed together on the dusty ground and broken furniture sit thousands of tiny eyes, shining in the light of Yara's headlamp and pointed directly at the vent.

##################################

Dominic plugs his wire back into the entry port.

Code: [Select]
Emergency personnel interface detected. Rebooting...

Emergency generators intact, powered down.
Entry doors damaged, unpowered.
Lighting systems damaged, unpowered.
Floor4 Security System online, unpowered.

Nothing new there. Dominic attempts to search for a map of the facility.

Request facility blueprints.

Code: [Select]
Request acknowledged. Emergency override status recognized.

Blueprints not found. Central databank damaged. Floor outline provided.

Facility name: Q37 Manned Vehicle Repair Station
Surface level: Warehouse
Level B1: Parking/Workshop
Level B2: Offices, site administration
Level B3: On-site living quarters

The lock is far too tough to bash open, and Dominic soon stops trying.

Turbo: 5/10

Turbo sprints and leaps into the elevator shaft, hitting the far wall and pushing off again to jump towards the open door beneath. With not quite enough speed to make the jump, Turbo nonetheless manages to catch the ledge with both hands. They are left dangling there, twenty feet above some sharp-looking broken pipes.

Dominic, noting that his length of string is not nearly thick enough to save him should he fall, turns around and slowly but carefully climbs down into the shaft. The shaft lining is marred with deep cracks, providing easy handholds for his short trip downwards. Taking hold of a protruding horizontal bar he swings downwards, into the open set of doors. He notes Turbo's fingers clinging to the edge of the floor on which he now stands.

This room is about the same size as the last, but filled with broken furniture and clinging dust rather than workshops and oil. His flashlight shows a staircase on the near wall leading downwards - no doubt to the next floor. To the right are a series of tables, most of which either lurch on broken legs or sit flat on the ground. On the wall behind the tables is some sort of map. To Dominic's left, a great number of broken pieces of wood, stone, and metal are loosely piled together in some form of ring or nest. Inside the ring lie two great masses of pink flesh and gray fur - beasts of some kind, both larger than a man. Their flanks rise and fall rhythmically in the deep throes of sleep.

############################################################################

Spoiler: Dominic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turbo (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2019, 05:00:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Try to exit the tunnel and get in the room in a way that conveys that I mean no harm to the spiders
(Maybe the spiders are just startled at the noise of the grate, and are merely curious about our presence)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:39:46 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2019, 05:29:31 pm »

Wrap bandages around my shoes to muffle the sound of my footsteps.

Then carefully navigate over to the map, grab it, and walk down the staircase. Make as little noise as possible. If the beasts wake up, quietly retreat through the nearest exit before they get to their feet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:14 am »

"What are you doing, don't tell me your afraid of spiders."
Go into the room and look around.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 05:57:28 am by King Zultan »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2019, 05:40:36 am »

"What are you doing I thought we were going into that room, don't tell me your afraid of spiders."
No matter what get into that room.
(I edited to make it more clearl I am going into the room, which requires exiting to tunnel, to get into the room)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2019, 05:56:04 am »

Okay I misinterpreted what you meant, changing action.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11