Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: A list of stupid mod ideas  (Read 7860 times)

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
Re: A list of stupid mod ideas
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 06:22:58 pm »

You know, has anyone modded Minecraft in? You know, go full circle?
The problem is that Minecraft doesn't really have a universe. It's like DF where it's setting is more defined by the game mechanics than the creatures.
pug

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »

True, but couldn't we at least add the mobs in?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 06:54:59 pm »

You know, has anyone modded Minecraft in? You know, go full circle?
The problem is that Minecraft doesn't really have a universe. It's like DF where it's setting is more defined by the game mechanics than the creatures.
True, but couldn't we at least add the mobs in?
And the ores as well, and plants and reactions. I think a desolate stone world speckled with pockets of gravel, iron ore and cavern zombies could make for a pretty convincing Minecraft makeover. It would still arguably be a novelty mod though rather than something you'd play in the long run, depending on whether you e.g. remove the vanilla minerals. When alternate dimensions roll around properly in a few years we can have the nether and the end as well (without putting just one of them in as the underworld), so the mod would have future prospects.

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 07:34:47 pm »

I'll admit, I've been considering such a conversion mod. With the Villagers being the primary playable race, Pillagers the primary invaders, and kind of building off of a mixture of both games' mechanics that way. Such as Redstone being a possible replacement for magma when it comes to fuel free smelting or some way of spawning resources to at least kind of mimic the Minecraft capabilities of it until moving fortress parts is added in. And players/humans being outsider adventurers only but are stronger than the villagers and pillagers in their baseline stats. Just something that came up in my modding brainstorming that stuck.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 08:11:31 pm »

I had thought that "players" would make the best Fortress mode race. It would match the appearance of a multiplayer server pretty well, and villagers would make natural trading partners.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 08:17:02 pm »

I had thought that "players" would make the best Fortress mode race. It would match the appearance of a multiplayer server pretty well, and villagers would make natural trading partners.

Hmm, maybe. Was going on the basis of the conversion mod being more about building off of the world itself than what the players do, since the players themselves usually change the worlds generated in the ways they like individually rather than based in the world itself as created by Mojang. With a potential bit of inspiration taken from various Minecraft mods so it's not painfully barren, depending on how the initial worlds look.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:19:59 pm by EternalCaveDragon »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 04:55:57 pm »

I'll admit, I've been considering such a conversion mod. With the Villagers being the primary playable race, Pillagers the primary invaders, and kind of building off of a mixture of both games' mechanics that way. Such as Redstone being a possible replacement for magma when it comes to fuel free smelting or some way of spawning resources to at least kind of mimic the Minecraft capabilities of it until moving fortress parts is added in. And players/humans being outsider adventurers only but are stronger than the villagers and pillagers in their baseline stats. Just something that came up in my modding brainstorming that stuck.

Speaking of Villagers and Pillagers, I actually added in Villagers as a civ into DF, alongside Illagers (I simply made Pillagers as their name for crossbowmen). I also gave Villagers Iron Golems as pets, but I haven't given the Illagers their Ravagers yet. The mod is a bit loose with how the Illagers work, kinda turning the different mobs into names for their jobs (vindicator for axeman, pillager for crossbowmen, etc). I am planning on finding a way to give the illagers an "Evoker" caste that can summon Vexs.

Also, considering we don't understand the Villager "language", I ended up giving them (and Illagers) a language based on Swedish, considering Mojang is a Swedish company.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 05:06:38 pm by Asin »

EternalCaveDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 05:56:24 pm »

Speaking of Villagers and Pillagers, I actually added in Villagers as a civ into DF, alongside Illagers (I simply made Pillagers as their name for crossbowmen). I also gave Villagers Iron Golems as pets, but I haven't given the Illagers their Ravagers yet. The mod is a bit loose with how the Illagers work, kinda turning the different mobs into names for their jobs (vindicator for axeman, pillager for crossbowmen, etc). I am planning on finding a way to give the illagers an "Evoker" caste that can summon Vexs.

Also, considering we don't understand the Villager "language", I ended up giving them (and Illagers) a language based on Swedish, considering Mojang is a Swedish company.

Ooh, nice.  :D

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 03:59:54 am »

As a Swede, as long as the word for ”hurt” is ”öh” and the word för love is ”ääää” I am fully content.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 07:06:36 pm »

As a Swede, as long as the word for ”hurt” is ”öh” and the word för love is ”ääää” I am fully content.

Considering I used the outdated DFLangCreate, that may not be the case. I may change it to those, should I end up releasing the mod to the public.

And are those really the Swedish words for hurt and love?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2019, 03:49:59 am »

Considering I used the outdated DFLangCreate, that may not be the case. I may change it to those, should I end up releasing the mod to the public.

And are those really the Swedish words for hurt and love?

They are onomatapoetics for the hurt and love village noices :p, with a proper amount of umlauts, but it was mostly a joke. The actual words for ”hurt” and ”love” are ”skada”/”skadad” and ”kärlek” respectively.
Out of curiosity, what word list did you use as your DFlang base?

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2019, 10:44:17 pm »

idea: pug
whoops that mod already exists
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14455
pug

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2019, 10:27:12 am »

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2019, 06:05:36 pm »

Hmmm I'm thinking of an idea (and will be asking in the modding questions thread, and if it's been done or is do-able):

- take tallow and use it to fry/deep-fry ingredients.
- possibly increasing the value by the rate of the tallow's
- the result is a higher value ingredient

Worst case someone just keeps frying the same piece of chicken. And then makes a fried fried fried fried fried chicken roast. But hey it's a mod and if someone chooses to do that and unleash it unto the realms that is not my problem.

Similar thought, but with making jerky. Jam and other preserves are already of the Expanded Plants/Reactions mod, but idk if that's up to date.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5