Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 41972 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #615 on: July 06, 2019, 10:12:31 pm »

/\ yep that might help a bit in the future in case some of them stays "this one knows how to make clothes, this one can do the bare minimum of math to not let anything slide" later we give those who stay with us a uniform, badge or something

Before leaving see how much it cost something that looks like a flare

maybe some rotation after 2 days? for them to not get too bored in the same spot? or at least make a system of "mailman" to keep track of how people are going, or scout to see if people from the town are trying to sneak something and not using the roads
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 07, 2019, 02:14:36 pm »

On the way back, you make it a point to figure out what these morons are generally capable of. The answers are... disappointing, for the most part. The average raider isn't exactly known for their life skills. Still, they all supply their own weaponry. Fortunately, there are a few individuals that have some exceptional bits about them. The first one would be a surprisingly pretty woman, if it wasn't for the fact that she was covered in dirt and scars. Not the kind that are easily overlooked, either, they're ugly scabs and burn marks. She claims that she knows how to craft bombs, albeit through trail and error, when she notices your gaze going down. She doesn't wear that much. Shorts and what looks like the remnants of a shirt for her legs, and what looks like two large metal plates and just a bunch of cloth wrapped around her chest. She keeps her belly on full display, though. Punk hairstyle and a pair of goggles on her forehead. Calls herself Tick. She's excitable, but not to the point of mania. The best part is, she knows how to make a flare. While she doesn't have the resources on hand for one, she already has a few low-light ones. These are intended to be used in caves and somesuch, but can still be fired from a flare gun, which she also owns. It won't attract too many ghouls, sadly, but it'll likely work at least partially, if you so desire. She also claims that the bright light has a very handy effect on mutants. By which she means the really weird ones, like deathclaws and 'centaurs'. You don't know what those are, but apparently they have something to do with FEV. You don't know what that is, either. After that, Tick just gives up and says that you'll know it when you see it. Sure, whatever.
Next up was conveniently somebody who can work with clothing. He says his name was Boltface, and his liking towards clothing is apparent. He clearly dresses to be noticed Apparently he's a banished Blackfinger, for selling armor to the other gangs in the Dump. He admits that he's not some master smith or whatever, but he always had an eye for style. Currently, his proposal is that you make some sort of logo he can apply to something easy to notice. Hell, while you're at it, maybe a name? You could turn this into a proper possé of raiders.

Other than those two, however, the rest don't have much other than "owns a gun and lacks a conscience". It'll have to do, but you honestly don't need much more. A gun is a gun.
Once you reach the quarry, you begin to spread out your new raiders across the roads, to give reinforcements. Three raiders are sent to each road, while the rest remain in the quarry. You keep Tick and Boltface close, because you're interested in getting a few things crafted. A logo, possibly a uniform and looking into those flares. Tick was quick on explaining how to make a more luminous flare, which really only requires a particular type of chemical. It's called potassium, and apparently it's not easy to get. At least not in the Dump. It is possible that the merchant in Lagniappe has some available, but you doubt that he'll be selling much of anything now that you've created a shortage of just about everything. Of course, you could try.
The alternative is getting lucky and hoping one of the traders brings it. Any trader that specializes in explosives is likely to carry it, but they don't come around here too much. The final option is sending somebody to travel for a whole week to reach the closest town to here, Oakdale. Apparently it's an old mansion that spawned a town after it survived the Great War. A bit of a merchant hub, by virtue of it being in a quiet spot right on the crossroads to several other places. You're probably going there when your business here is done, honestly. You think that booze merchant was heading there, as well? You're not sure.
 Of course, making basic explosives will get the job done for getting ghouls to check it out, just over a FAR smaller area. A flare is visible for miles, explosives are a flash in the pan.

Any ideas on how to make your gang look snazzy? Alternatively, you can just make your choice on how you'll lure the ghouls.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Posse

Quest log

Addiction status: You've got a very annoying headache. Your fingers shake slightly.
EXP: 905/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP) (Ghoul mercenary: 200 XP)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 02:18:12 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 08, 2019, 12:13:01 am »

On the style subject:
the logo could be something like a "V" but maybe looking like an arrow smashing things

V is obviously representing vengeance since the group begun because of this and it might attract people who were betrayed, something in common
smashing stuff is just weak imagination of brutality or getting things done
The colors used should be:
 mostly black obviously for stealth
bits of red because it is the color of danger and blood (maybe yellow as a metagame of our words being in yellow and that dangerous animals sometimes have colors)
and purple, it's an dark color, won't give our position, represents ambition and luxury (and it's blitz color)

later people should wear an armband with the symbol, and have freedom to dress how they like, but using mostly the gang's colors

the name err.... err: no, not avengers but something cheesy along these lines? Vendetta warriors? the reinvidicators? ugh my creativity was drained

On the ghouls

maybe we could deploy these small explosions to occur in a triangle pattern attracting distant ghouls closer and closer to each other and make them move in the direction of the city, maybe we can make it enough to draw attention from other ghouls and create a bigger effect
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 08, 2019, 03:28:45 pm »

On the style subject:
the logo could be something like a "V" but maybe looking like an arrow smashing things

V is obviously representing vengeance since the group begun because of this and it might attract people who were betrayed, something in common
smashing stuff is just weak imagination of brutality or getting things done
The colors used should be:
 mostly black obviously for stealth
bits of red because it is the color of danger and blood (maybe yellow as a metagame of our words being in yellow and that dangerous animals sometimes have colors)
and purple, it's an dark color, won't give our position, represents ambition and luxury (and it's blitz color)

later people should wear an armband with the symbol, and have freedom to dress how they like, but using mostly the gang's colors

the name err.... err: no, not avengers but something cheesy along these lines? Vendetta warriors? the reinvidicators? ugh my creativity was drained

On the ghouls

maybe we could deploy these small explosions to occur in a triangle pattern attracting distant ghouls closer and closer to each other and make them move in the direction of the city, maybe we can make it enough to draw attention from other ghouls and create a bigger effect
+1 As for the name I can't come up with anything ether.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
rrr
« Reply #619 on: July 09, 2019, 04:55:58 pm »

How the hell can I make an arrow look like it's smashing things? I mean, keep it simple, man, let's just make it a V. Or a fist or whatever. Why do you want a V, anyhow?
Because this thing started over a revenge plot. I'm thinking of taking things beyond that, but it helps to remember your roots, you know?
Oh, so it's a V for Vendetta thing?
Vengeance. I don't know what a Vendetta is.
Well, it mean  having a lasting enmity with somebody. You know, like, being in a position where you desire revenge on somebody is a vendetta.
That sounds good... Maybe I aughta use that?
We can't, boss, there's copyright.
What?
Don't think about it. Just think of something else.
The Revenge Society!
Taken.
Fuck it, all right. I'll think of something later. You're just "Gang" for now. But we got off track. What about the symbol?
I say, keep it simple. Simple V will do fine. Maybe keep those colours you were talking about. Orange on black is fine, nice and visible. Of course, it's a pain in the ass to find paint out in this dump, but we'll make do for now. We'll scratch it in some shoulder plates. Simple stuff.
Right. As long as it's recognizable, we're golden. I'm not about to ask for uniforms, people wear what they wanna.
That shit's just for the real rich gangs. No offense, but I don't think you're quite there yet. Still, I can work with bands.

After that conversation, you speak with Tick for a while. Your idea of using explosives as a lure appeals to her, but she'll need some time and resources to do the thing you suggest. Not to mention, while her explosives work fine, she doesn't really have a way to detonate these things in sequence. At best, she can use a fuse, but she doesn't have that many of those, either. As for getting hordes to form, you both need more information on where the ghouls are moving, and you don't have a ghoul you can spare to keep a lookout for them. You're not exactly keen on letting your captured ghoul move around without your knowledge. So, you'll need to work with the explosives. You'll be able to get a smattering of ghouls where you want them with some pinpoint explosives. You can try to get some scouting done to get a better effect, or you can try to get better explosives. But if you're going to do that, you might as well get a really good flare to get everything you want in a good package.

Statistics and inventory.

Perks

Party members

Posse

Quest log

Addiction status: You've got a very annoying headache. Your fingers shake slightly.
EXP: 905/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP) (Ghoul mercenary: 200 XP)

Current emblem. This is taken from Borderlands, yes, and you'll need to flip it around so it's a V instead of a gate of sorts. Feel free to just make a rough version of it in paint or something.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 10, 2019, 01:01:40 pm »

Ok, I've got some bad news for you all: I believe I am going to end this forum game. While it certainly has been fun, if I have to choose between Web of Life and this, the choice is easy to make. As for why I'm ending it: I'd like to spend some more time writing an actual novel. I want to make sure I keep in practice, so Web of Life will continue, but keeping 2 games running at the same time kind of distracts me too much. I hope you don't mind too much, but I believe the readerbase here was rather small, either way.
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 10, 2019, 02:24:38 pm »

Sad to see this one go, I really enjoyed it. I still don't get why this didn't get more players, but that seems to be the problem most SG's have now days and I don't get why.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 10, 2019, 02:33:00 pm »

Sad to see this one go, I really enjoyed it. I still don't get why this didn't get more players, but that seems to be the problem most SG's have now days and I don't get why.
I for one mostly just watch the games and this one was looking to be an interesting game.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 10, 2019, 08:19:22 pm »

Welp, understandable, good luck on that novel
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]