Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tomb Space: Order Of Adamant:  (Read 791 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tomb Space: Order Of Adamant:
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:46:28 pm »

The Flesh is weak, the machine is strong. As long we do not date our appliances and give them girl friend names, we should be alright. Hey, the universe is huge and so much technology to study. So we can protect it from the unworthy. Discipline makes for the best actions.

Adamant Order: The Cyborg Battle monks who study and guard the alien tech.

Pros:
Free Cyberware options ( depends on team position as to how many.)

Have robots. Which need repair not heal, also very tough, immune to sanity damage and can equip all the Cyberware options.

Cons:

Sometimes Cyberware bugs out on spot which can be quite a hassle.

Unique Gear: Cyberware! Below are the top twelve Cyberware things a cyborg can use. Robots, can literally have it all if so desired and equip them. First round freebies. Afterwards 200 pint cost.

Ware:

1: Lightning Reflexes: Makes one really fast in reflexes. Helps in combat with landing and dodging hits.

2: Juggernaut Hands: Massive Hands to lift and use bigger stuff or punching enemies out.

3: Servo Arms: Have Four Cyborg arms connected to the spine. For carrying stuff or combat.

4: Dragon Claw: Giant Power Hand with five claws for shredding and a hidden palm port for gun.

5: Smart Gun Port: Plug Your Fire arm into the port. Can now see as the gun sees with stats and all. Major bonus with Fire Arms.

6: Rider CPU: Have a secondary intelligence aiding with advice while acting out.

7: Thrusters. Put on key places so if in zero or low gravity, propelled like air craft. In Melee Combat can accelerate right places for more power in swings.

8: Life Support: Can go into places without air, toxic/space for tactical fudgery.

9: Holder: Have your Own holding compartment for a item. One handed at that. The

10: Health Monitor: Able to self check on damage and such. Displays to others and defeats toxin environment factors.

I will make sure unit troops are a solve listed in source thread. Also everyone gets three Cyber ware.

Design phase for now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 01:53:18 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tomb Space: Order Of Adamant:
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:57:00 pm »

Do we have 10 cyberware choices, or 12?

If I read that right, we have three teams of six, and will be figuring them out in another phase. I'm interested in having a team capable of void boarding, with life support and thrusters, which would probably leave me with a light melee assault team.

For the design, perhaps subdermal armor, or self-administering combat/health drugs? Linking combat personnel's brains to computers would fit with the theme.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 04:21:03 pm »

Yes to all of those options. And since mentioned in other thread Inwill mention your sides advantages with squadies.

Leaders have high tolerance for Cyberware and peak out at 12. Which is more than the list

Elites have second highest at 10.

Casters: Get a bonus for tech magic given can mentally access the quantum shifter

Your Brutes can dual wield heavy weapons. Melee or guns. Juggernaut hands perk would make it even more casual and punch like a mofo.

Engineers can be medics for Cyberware.

Carvers can aid in survival of moment if cartying a spare Cyber part, can do a emergency transplant of cyber limb to body part missing a limb. Flesh or Cyber replaced with new Cyber.

Minions actually get Cyberware, up to three. Not bad.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 10:15:51 am »

This game feels a lot more complicated than what I was expecting, still trying to get my head around it xD

Still, playing as the adeptus mechanicus keeps me focussed.

Design:
Omnissiah's Language Implants

Everyone can communicate with each other in binary. Using vocal and ear implants, along with a brain implant to quicker decipher, they can speak and hear binary at fast speeds, able to communicate at computer speeds to each other. They also come with multi-fit ports to aid them in hacking directly using their brain implants.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 11:04:25 pm »

This game feels a lot more complicated than what I was expecting, still trying to get my head around it xD

Still, playing as the adeptus mechanicus keeps me focussed.

Design:
Omnissiah's Language Implants

Everyone can communicate with each other in binary. Using vocal and ear implants, along with a brain implant to quicker decipher, they can speak and hear binary at fast speeds, able to communicate at computer speeds to each other. They also come with multi-fit ports to aid them in hacking directly using their brain implants.

The results

Effect: 4/6. It works like a charm, understanding sentient sentence structure with no problems.

Price: 6/6. It’s virtually free and counts as a freebie slot.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 07:58:06 pm »

Oh I see the trouble. Got to do gear buying and each team is six ( poster leader and five underlings.)

: huff and poof: Damn, did the universal list of gear. How much points you start is to be discussed I. Individual threads

Universal gear: please note despite everything it is still a Arms Race in Rules. This time only in working order and price. I could have just vomit forth all my ideas down on paper, did not.

Weapons:

Melee: Strength + Skill + Speed And Weapon Type = total damage.

1: Blade: Free! A knife that is easy concealable and does it’s job. Cut and stab. 20 damage to Melee results.

2:  Normal Weapon: cost is 25. Any basic close combat weapon will do. 40 damage to total.

3: Greater Weapon: Really Big Weapon That does tons of damage. Need the strength for it though. Extra 60 damage total if Wounds. 50 points.

4: Chain Blade: Cost is 75 Damage is a motorized blades weapon that comes in these forms:
Sword
Axe
Glaive/spear
Double sided buzzsaw Pole

Needless to say, someone will lose parts and blood from these weapons. 80 damage.

5: Scarlet Weapon: Made from a legendary material and when it strikes target, super heated results.full 100 damage to pile plus fire damage and addition burn stuff. 100 points. Also no sealing wounds, these weapons will actually explode blood vessels for more bleeding.

Guns: Good ole bang bangs. Keep in mind can make special ammo for bullet stuff. Also all guns fired up to four turns in row, then reload. Like X Com 2. Also the smaller guns can be “ aimed” for Fallout out style results.

1: War Hawk:  Big auto pistol. 25 damage if connects, range is 6. Cost: 20

2: Tactical Shotgun: Pick Shell or slug. Range six, damage base is 25-50 depending on distance and luck. Cost is 40

3: Arbalest: This one is a four shot gigantic cross bow that can be like a harpoon Gun. 50-90 damage and can fly target in surfaces to stick there. Cost is 50 range is 10

4: Assault Rifle: Classic Rifle with one aim shot, semi or full auto. 25-40 If single (but six shots) 40-70 If semi auto ( so now 3) or full Auto ( 2 max shots) for 70-150 total damage. Cost is 90 range is 10.

5: Sniper Rifle: King of the aim shots. 100-180. Call shot and chance if critical table. 100 cost. Range is 30.

6: Flame thrower: Four shots worth of super heated fluid/napalm Death. Stupid to use in space ships though. Firing is a focused burst or wall of flame. Can catch things on Fire ( which really kills the air quality.) 180-270 damage. 120 cost. Range is 8

7: Bazooka: One shot a time, blows stuff good. 270-360.  140 cost. ( Disaster in space ships, best for grounded missions.) range is 10.

8: Grenade Gun: 160. Special in can use custom grenades made or pre selected. Fires as many times have said grenades ( that limit is 12) then reload. Damage depends on the shell. Range is 15.

9: Heavy Machine Gun: Big mean firing Machine, four shots worth of 200-300 and can be used as a club for 12-60 damage.  Cost is 150. Range is 12.

10: Chain Gun: Cost is 180. Range is 8. Two shots. Said shots are 360-450 worth of bullet pouring damage.

11: Anti Tank Rifle: 200 Cost. Four single shots at 18 range. Said shots are 450 to 560 and can do a called shot if strong enough.

12: Missile Pod Gun: Cost is 225. Fire and forget as the six missiles coming out can lock into six targets or less, with more missiles to single target.

560-640 and they lock on/Chase their target. 22 range.

13:Laser Pistol: Cost is 230. A gun of unlimited shots as no reloads or over heat issues. Aimed single shots. 250-300 6 range.

14: Auto Laser: Auto Rifle Laser. Can go full auto or single shots. The only issue is the weapon can run hot and hurt owner to drop. No ammo needs though. Damage via bolts is 400. Auto fire six bolts come out.

15: Las Cannon: 250 cost. Can destroy defense save. Range is 14. 4 shots of laser lances. 800 damage ( met to kill gigantic invader creatures and hunt dinosaurs.)

16:Celestial Gun: Cost is 300. It has four levels of potency ( Red weakest, then yellow, white and blue.) Not just that but many mods ( cannon shot, artillery shot, charge, burst or explode shot.) shots depend on power before reload. Red is four, yellow three, white two, blue one. The damage shows though but if o we use maximum power too much, it can blow up on you. Damage:
Red: 80-120
Yellow: 120-240
White: 240- 480
Blue: 480-600.

And reason the numbers are so high is some of the npc Forces/monsters are that Freakken scary tough.

Arms Race features can be anything though, what you make you keep for free.

Please note there are now following mission places. Space Ships, Space Hulks, Planetary Ruins, in a civilized city ( depends where) and lastly Gladiator Jobs.

Armor:
1: Combat Wear: Clothing That doubles as armor. Only 5 defense. Free.

2: Carapace Armor: 20 def  value. Cost is 50. Made from big dead bugs or alloys.

3: Nano Armor: For 40 defense and a suit that acts like private medic unit, not bad for 100.

4: Power Armor: Defense is 60, jacks physical stats and can carry extra weapons due to gravity plates. 200 points worth.

Shields:
1: Deflector: Three uses, it bounces stuff away. 150 points.

2: Absorbing  Field: 200 points. Unless attack is over field limit, it stays on user as it absorbs enemy attacks to stay on. Self value is 16. Anything more breaks it.

3: Shield Wall: Make a impassable Wall If energy with strength 100 defense value. Though can be whittled down or out right destroyed or after three turns stops. 240 points.

4: Energy Sheath:  It costs 180. It is a recharging force field. It can be defeated if max of 70 breaks. But, if left alone, it comes back on. Also if damaged recharges then too.

Health:
1: Healing Powder: Works by pain numbing, to give impression of feeling better so “healthy.” Heals 5-15 damage. 40 points a pop.

2: The Green Elixir: It is Cure Basically, undoes bad stat effects. 40 points a pop.

3: Big Red: Iv Of Strange Red fluid, injected into living patient. Super intense healing factor occurs, Healing all damage, regrowth of organs and limbs! Yet, due to shock and pain cannot act 1-3 turns before going back to the fight. Can cause sanity damage. 120 points a pop.

4: Lazarus Needle: If Dead Team is dead less than five rounds, inject. They come back to life at half hp. Insanity damage is obvious 180 points. If no body or into turn six, true death.

5: Fixer kit: Repair robots and cyborgs Of machine parts. Can heal machine parts and even replace destroyed robot parts. 90 points a pop.

Help: Just helps party out.

Freebie: Carry sack: Can Carry up to twelve units of loot. Your own fear gets Own parts.

1: Fixer: 70 points a pop, fixes building destruction. Big help in space ship combat.

2: Scanner: Detect things with read out. Batteries good for four turns. Can also label If loot is safe. Warning as device is noisy and can alert others. 60 points.

3: Navi System: Fae style robots go out, map the areas and come back with details. Turn on twice, then need recharge. 90 points.

4: Escape Tether: Incase getting massacred Declare. Now a escape wormhole to hq. only open for one turn after turn on. 500 points a pop and one use.

5: Climbing tools: For 30 points can scale up walls and such.

Adamant have 900 points to spend.

As for crew:

Leader: Your default character.

Elite: Second tier and could lead.

Caster: Using Tech Magic.

Brute: Big, strong and decently smart.

Engineer: Make Stuff, Repair Stuff, And in missions.

Carver: Doctor.

Minion: Red shirts who can shoot.

Notice: Adamant Brotherhood get a special with Engineers, can have extra research projects or even just build stuff for free items or points. ( Trying to make each faction different. And a bonus boon for you, patient ones.)

Notice: Will do missions now.

Onboard he main vessel of the brotherhood, a temple ship, dubbed the Tempest was out in space, having jumped through Hyper space everyone got out of seal pods. It was for safety as Hyper space Radiation, known as Bleed has history of hurting beings.

As one looked out of the hub of the Tempest, the scents and prayer booms the halls. There were a collection of connecting hunks of space junk, a odd fish shaped space ship, and a small blue ocean planet, that apparently has Ruins. Those are worth taking on.

So yeah, build up teams then pick ya missions. Will do best to describe and make interesting.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 08:15:05 pm »

Is that 900 points for us to split, or 900 per player?
How much do robots cost?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 08:42:17 pm »

I guess it doesn't matter what robots cost right now since initial units are free. I assume we each have 900 points, since splitting it gives us very little, but that leaves me feeling like the game is completely unbalanced towards whichever side has the most players.

I assume the Omnissiah's Language Implants come free?
Servo Arms allow me to use more guns, right?

N1-er's Assault Team
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll go on the fish shaped space ship, and try to space any hostiles or mess them up with fire.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 09:14:59 pm »

The first cyberware per person is free. After that is 200 pts each. Each unit type has a maximum amount of cyberware they can have.
Leaders can have up to 12
Elites up to 10
If I'm reading this right, the rest get up to 3, including minions.

Tyrant Leviathan can confirm or correct me.

Also, is there anywhere that says initial units are free? The first leader is free, but that's all I read being free. (I'm definitely not sure on myself on this part :P)

Will get my team up tomorrow.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 10:32:06 pm »

Note: All Of you get 900 to spend amongst yourself.

Robot servants are 400.

Of all shape and function.

Also first team, leader and first 5 crew mates are free. Afterwards people are 60.

And yeah nice job picking mission.

Andvyes first three Cyberware a person is free, omnisssh is free as well due to rolls.

Cyberware afterwards is 100. As your pros with it.

And yes the Doc Ock servo Arms means more Dakka equipped.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:34:01 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 10:08:09 pm »

gonna guess when you say people are 60pts, you mean 60 base plus whatever specific cost of the unit is. So, a minion is 60+0 cos free, so 60 pts. A second leader would cost 60+150, so 210pts. Just want that confirmed or corrected.
But, not a problem for now, cos they be all free right now, mwahahaha.

Explorator Magos Faust' Retinue
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

900/900 pts spent.

Mission Select: Space Junk Hulk Thing!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 08:13:04 pm »

Now that was a awesome line up. Brutes with Juggernaut Arms means you could dual wield Squad support guns.

No penalty either.

Will post tomorrow mission stuff. Got to make dinner.